Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
104 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 104

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Searching for MPlayer mantainer
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@abalaban

Your help is appreciated, but at this point we need first to define who between you and me will be the maintainer of this project before you create a repository and start working on the sources. It's better if there's only one person who will decide what will go in the SVN and what not.

It's not a problem for me to be just a contributor (althought I would have liked to learn how to manage a project), but in this case it will be up to you to decide how to manage everything.

Varthall

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Varthall

I'm don't plan to contribute much on MPlayer myself but have one or two things I'd like to see in it. If it lies in an accessible source repository I might do them myself. While if they are privately held on someone's disk I won't.

I'm just offering to look at the state of the source *tree* archive, compare it to the official one and then *propose* a way to store them in a repository. If you want to maintain the project that's fine for me as I really have too less spare time already, just see me as an advisor

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@abalaban
@Varthall

Why don't you use google code? Is more lighter than sourceforge and it is also faster

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@afxgroup

As I was saying above first I just want to review your source tree compare it to the official one and think how we can do put anything into a repository.
I don't have any preference for the provider, it can be google code.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Varthall

Quote:

@all
Any recommendation for a CVS? Sourceforge?

I use googlecode for JAmiga. I think it works great: you have a wiki, SVN, and a bugtracker.

Whenever I look at sourceforge pages I can never seem to find anything. Its mostly ads and irreleveant stuff -- googlecode is clean and easy. And a breeze to set up.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@abalaban

Ok :) It's just that's better to define first some things before continuing. Looking forward for your analysis; if you want I can send you my Mencoder sources and porting instructions as well. At this point I'll release Mencoder as-is (fully functional, just missing afx' stuff), the next release will be compiled from the final, merged sources from the SVN. Of course any comment from anyone will be very appreciated :)

I like the idea to use SVN. Also, I have taken a closer look at Google Code and it has indeed a cleaner interface and it's easier to use than Sourceforge, I'd use that. I wonder if the Wiki part could be used as a sort of blog, to report any progress on the project.

Varthall

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Varthall

Quote:
I wonder if the Wiki part could be used as a sort of blog, to report any progress on the project.

Google also has blogs (in form of blogspot). There is no specific integration, but you can easily add links from the main page.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Varthall

Ok, I quickly looked at the sources the last night and it seems to me that they the tree is pretty much straight forward a copy of the official one, just some few AmigaOS4 specific files here and there that's all.
Also the archive contains the .svn directories Afxgroup must have used to synchronize his sources with the official SVN, might comes handy to detect which revision of the official SVN it is.

I must have deeper look but I think it will not be as hard as I anticipated. Maybe you can already try to register a new project at Google Code ?
But please don't import Afxgroup sources yet, if we want to go the right way we must first identify the official version they are from, import them into the repository and only then import afxgroup sources. This is the only way we would be able to easily identify and track AmigaOS patches, what will afterwards be very helpful in updating our sources to the latest official one.

@Afxgroup

A quick look didn't permit me to locate the very simple builtin GUI you were speaking earlier in this thread. Can you point me in the right direction please ?

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@abalaban

it is included directly in p96 file present into libvo directory

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@afxgroup

ok thanks I was searching in the "gui" drawer...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@all

The topic has now changed, better to switch to a new thread here.

Varthall

Edited by Varthall on 2010/11/19 13:00:11
Edited by Varthall on 2010/11/19 13:00:55
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)