Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
89 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 89

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 6 7 8 (9) 10 »
Re: Report your 'AmigaOS 4.0 Final' bugs here!
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@tonyw

Quote:
Thanks for those figures, they are what I was looking for.

You're welcome

Quote:
It seems that you are operating right at the bounds of your monitor's capabilities, if reducing the refresh rate from 86 to 85 is enough to make a big difference.

Well, I'm actually pushing the horizontal frequency to the max (70 kHz), so it could be.
However, the monitor seems to happily cope with what it's asked for by the Picasso96Settings, so one would expect that the same should happen also with tooltypes.

Quote:
I'll make up those modes myself and see if I can measure a difference between 85 and 86. Maybe there is an arithmetic problem in there somewhere.

Yes, I was thinking along those lines as well. Indeed, at least the ScreenMode preferences return slightly different numbers - could it be a sign?

saimo

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
DvPlayer is giving DSI errors all of a sudden.

Resized Image

after the clean install of "Final" it worked great, Now however, when I click on the docky it brings up that error message. Ignoring DSI brings up the yellow flashing box.

Clicking a kazillion times dvplayer then works ok. quitting and starting.. No problems.

After reboot .. back to original error. ??

Are we nearly there yet ?
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Outcast

Most likely a result of corrupted memory,

Anyway you better check what version of avcodec.library,

If you dock problems comes after you used DVPlayer then blame DVPlayer for that.

Ignoring DSI brings up the yellow flashing box

If you press Ignore DSI you allow it to over write illegal memory, as result you get yellow flashing box, next time press ?more?, and get the stack trace, stack traces often can tell you where the problem really is, maybe system library.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Raziel

Quote:

native kernel module kernel+0x00030320
native kernel module kernel+0x000160a4
module C:SetPatch at 0x7FFE5C50 (section 5 @ 0x5C30)
native kernel module kernel+0x0001610c
module C:SetPatch at 0x7FFE5BA0 (section 5 @ 0x5B80)
module LIBS:datatypes/wav.datatype at 0x7FAACF40 (section 4 @ 0x1F20)
module LIBS:datatypes/wav.datatype at 0x7FAAC868 (section 4 @ 0x1848)

Hemm is cashes in side setpatch or wav.datatype, maybe you can do something whit setpach?

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@LiveForIt

ok .. Just did it again

Resized Image

I did write a crashlog (to ram:) but because amitradecentre wouldn't work I rebooted forgetting the crashlog was in ram:

doh !!

Are we nearly there yet ?
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Outcast

You better check the version of the avcodec library and DvPlayer, maybe try a older version or newer one, depending on what you have on your disk, if you have a newer one then I guess it?s time to wait until the problems is fixed.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@spotUP

In RAWBinfo using English locale, "Projet/Delete Icon" and "Icon Image/Default" both have A+D shortcut, thus can't use "Icon Image/Default" anymore via keyboard only.

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top
problem with icon - drag and drop in rawbinfo
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
here's a problem with icons:

if you have an icon belonging to a drawer but the actual drawer is missing you cannot use this icon as a drag/drop source using with rawbinfo.

example:
- get the masonicons for yam from masons homepage (yammi.lha)
- extract the archive to ram:
- there is a drawer icon for "Parsers" (Parsers.info) but the drawer is missing - you can see it if you doubleclick on that icon
- open *another* icon with rawbinfo (icon information)
- try to drag the Parsers.info icon to that one (-> try to replace your icon with the masonicon one)
--> this will not work

but if you do a "makedir ram:yam/Parsers" to create the actual directory it works as expected.

byebye...

Go to top
starting up getting an empty screen for 1-2 seconds
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
hi.

when i use a true-color pointer, e.g. the one from os4depot, i get for a short period (1-2 seconds) a blank screen when starting up before the workbench is loaded/shown.
going back to the "normal" pointer solves the problem but doesnot look so nice

byebye...

Go to top
Re: problem with icon - drag and drop in rawbinfo
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@MichaelMerkel

Quote:
if you have an icon belonging to a drawer but the actual drawer is missing you cannot use this icon as a drag/drop source using with rawbinfo.

In fact that always had been the case, and not only for Drawer, but for any kind of icon and it's not specific to RAWBinfo : CopyIcon behave the same. It seems that when you have an icon with no corresponding file (or drawer/trashcan/etc.) those tools are unable to access the icon...

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@acefnq

Quake2 plays better than ever here! Really fast now!

Ran into it's old bug: the commands from commodity "FKey" are read in Q2 commands! Kill 'FKey' before palying! :)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@spotUP

Playing some WAV files freezes the hole system after a grim.

Maybe it's only on my system. If someone wants to try it out,
here's a link to a file which is played correctly on Win but
can't stand out OS4 wav datatype:

http://newmail.monsterserve.com/keepout/movies/marv_dep.wav

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Amigo1

How do you play this file : using the standard OS4 datatypes I can't play it via Multiview, I get a "unknown compression" message... If you installed another datatype may be you should try to contact its author ?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@abalaban

I'm playing it with multiview and afaik I'm using the original WAV datatype from the OS4-final install..

but I'll check when I'm home

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Amigo1

Install wave.datatype from OS4Depot. Unless the wav.datatype has improved a lot from update #4 then my wave.datatype is still better. If you have problems with my wave.datatype then contact me and I will try to fix them.

http://os4depot.net/index.php?functio ... atatype/sound/wave_dt.lzx

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@salass00

Quote:

salass00 wrote:
@Amigo1

Install wave.datatype from OS4Depot. Unless the wav.datatype has improved a lot from update #4 then my wave.datatype is still better. If you have problems with my wave.datatype then contact me and I will try to fix them.

http://os4depot.net/index.php?functio ... atatype/sound/wave_dt.lzx

thx! I'm going to install it!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Whenever my A1 crashes, and I soft/hard reboot, my USB mac keyboard is dead. I have to unplug it for a while, hard reboot and then it works again.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@spotUP

This weekend I experienced something strange too with my PS2 keyboard (but it's an USB keyboard with its PS2 adapter) : keyboard died suddenly whereas everything else was working (mouse, AOS etc.). I first thought it was the battery that was dead so replaced them but no that wasn't that, so I soft rebooted to no avail, I decided to hard reboot no UBoot complained about not finding any keyboard !! After some reboot combination I decided to switch my A1 off for some seconds and sitch it on again then the keyboard was alive again. Since then no problem so far with it...

I see you last edited your post 27/12/2006 could you add the questions (with their eventual solution) that was added after your last post ? This thread is important source for problem tracking and summarize it all in the first post could be a good idea.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@abalaban

yea, i'll do that, just been lazy. i'll fix it soon.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Oh, and the pattern-matching is still screwed.

#(AB|BA) should match AB, ABAB and ABBA amongst others, but it only matches AB - ie. the hash is not doing what it should.

To reproduce, create three files with the above names and put them in RAM:, and then run dir #(AB|BA) whilst CD'd to RAM:. Try it on OS3.9 if you want to see it working as it should!

I reported this way back on the original pre-release, or update 1, and have been complaining about it ever since, and it still isn't fixed! Please, please, please can somebody fix this long-standing bug that was introduced with OS4.

Chris

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 6 7 8 (9) 10 »