Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
137 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 136

saimo, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 10 »
Re: Wanted Ctorrent Betatester[v2.00 out]
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@yescop

Have not looked at big file support yet.It doesn't work out of the box. Will try to look into it sometime soon.

X5000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Antique

Please do antique. For the time i feel limited ;p

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Sorry I haven't RTFM as of yet

Just a few queries about how the software works.

Can you toggle the initial generation of the files being downloaded? i.e. it creates the space required for the download, when you have a 150g download directory in general you don't need to worry if something will fit

And I visually like to see what is created and what isn't, I know you can probably get an indication of what is done or isn't by size downloaded plus placing in download queue but visual is more immediate.

And after a premature reset for whatever reason searching the incomplete torrent can be rather time consuming, is this a limitation of the protocol?

I was thinking too bad it couldn't be tweaked to remember the last complete file it did or a size value recorded somehow? And whatever the software checks for now can be implemented in a faster fashion.

Just a few queries, thanks for your attention and continuing work on this worthwhile software

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Slayer

The checking is time consuming yes,but that's just how it is i'm afraid of. I don't have the knowledge to even try to change that.

Quote:

And I visually like to see what is created and what isn't, I know you can probably get an indication of what is done or isn't by size downloaded plus placing in download queue but visual is more immediate.

Don't quite follow you on this one. But when you start the dl first time it will print what files are created. And you can check the current download to see how much has been dl and check the fuelbars text to see how many pieces you have.

If you have downloaded a file you just want to share,you can add FORCESEED in tooltypes of the icon.

Hope this helps.

X5000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
The long calculation is important. Just think of if your system crashes and you want to continue on the file. It checks that everything is fine and continues.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Antique

Quote:

Antique wrote:
Don't quite follow you on this one. But when you start the dl first time it will print what files are created. And you can check the current download to see how much has been dl and check the fuelbars text to see how many pieces you have.

Well, I mean, when you start the download it creates everthing in the download directory as if it had already downloaded everything. And that means creating empty files of the eventual completed files size.

Instead of it creating dirs and files as they come down.

i.e. a new dir is needed it creates it, a file begins downloading, the file is created with first download and grows in size as it continues to be downloaded.

It's just say if you use DirOpus to look at what you've downloaded so far you can see what is actually down and actually there than working out what is completed and what is just an empty representation of a file.

Can you perhaps toggle this feature? Version X of alternative torrent application behaves this way as default for example.

I am not complaining at all, just wondering why it is done this way by default, never struck anything else that has done it this way.

tooltype

create directories and files on the fly=YES

or

create directories and files first=NO

Quote:

If you have downloaded a file you just want to share,you can add FORCESEED in tooltypes of the icon.

Hope this helps.

This is good to know, thanks

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Kicko

Quote:

Kicko wrote:
The long calculation is important. Just think of if your system crashes and you want to continue on the file. It checks that everything is fine and continues.

I would never dispute this logic or procedure.

Seems to me however that optimising it has to be achieveable.

Unless the torrent protocol by design is too sparatic to keep track of at download time and a re-calibration needs to be done on what's been downloaded as compared to the instructions contained in the initial torrent leeching parameters file.

Just pondering

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Slayer
Not sure how it checks what it has and needs to download. But that's nothing i can anything about. So that will not change,if not the author changes it then.

Haven't been doing much on ctorrent lately. Have a working pause button,and removed some debug text i forgot to remove last time. Trying to fix the big file support atm. Hope i can fix it soon.

X5000
Go to top
Re: Wanted Ctorrent Betatester[V2.00 out]
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Antique

I just thought i'd stick my nose in here for a moment and mention a couple of issues observed and mentioned to me;

1) it would be nice if you included an Amiga version string in the next release, it's really inconvenient without one.

2) that DSI on startup is really annoying and you need to get a version out (even an interim one) that at least starts without a visit from the reaper, it's really unsettling.

3) Info being displayed in a plainer layout, specifically why there are two sets of up and down speeeds seperated by a comma. No-one seems to know why there are two lots of speed stats. Maybe a "newbie guide" could be deployed.

4) Why are the stats so unreliable, for example, if the first instance run says there are 3 seeders, 1 leecher and 5 peers, starting another instance on the exact same torrent may now report 8 seeders, 3 leechers and 10 peers while the first instance shown the same old values.

Anyway, there's a couple of things that I have found and some issues put to me from others.

Keep up the good work....

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@colinw

As Antique may be busy to write some code (:)), I will answer some questions.

About DSI error, it is already resolved in the last version.

About numbers of seeders and leechers, it is not an Antique's error. It is normal, that come from the way the P2P algorithm works.
When you connect, you are affected to a group of users, so the numbers can change.

For the version number, may be interesting. If you want to know the version, you can also launch ctorrent and read the title of the window.

I agree with you about up and doownload speeds, they seem not to be reliable even if you set the speeds using the tooltypes.

@Antique

Keep an eye on ctorrent because I'm waiting...

Take care

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@colinw

I'll try to answer your questions

1) That has just been added. And you can also start the program and move the filerequester and you can see on top of the window it says which version it is.

2)

The dsi has been fixed on v2.0.

3) I'm not quite sure what you're trying to tell me on this one though!

X5000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All

Does anyone have or know of some screenshots of torrent programs showing prefs of limiting dl and ul speed i'd like to see for inpiration.
Working on implementing it into the gui now,but would like to have some input from others. Not sure how i want to have it to look like. I'm hoping to get a small release before the summer. As then i'll be here less and more in my car i hope

X5000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all

Long time ago since i was in this thread.
Just checked on the depot,no crashlogs here. Does that mean it works like a charm for people?? Haven't looked at this program for a long time now.

X5000
Go to top
Re: Wanted Ctorrent Betatester[V2.1 out]
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Antique

Just updated the first post.

X5000
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Antique

works great here both on 4.1u1 and 4.0 classic! First I saw my peg dling a torrent @ 700+ KB!
I hadn't seen thias thread and sent you an email already with a question: Why is it it always listens to 0.0.0.0:xxxx port? I mean, how is the IP configured? Port is fine, but the IP is all zeros and that doesn't seem right is it?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Vulture

-i ip Listen for connections on specific IP address (default all/any)
-p port Listen port (default 2706 -> 2106)

The -i is not available,since i've forgotten about it. Will look into it. But should look at all as default it says. The -p is what port to listen too. Ust this one in the tooltypes of the icon, LISTENPORT=????

I've never used it,it works here without needing to change that.

X5000
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Antique

Yes it works here fine, but I think both ip and port should be correct for optimum performance, but i could be wrong.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Anitque

Why not release the nonGUI version too so people that likes shell can use it. Or maybe there are not such people ?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Vulture

don't use ip parameter because you don't have a fixed ip, right ?

For the p parameter, it is used to say to ctorrent which port to open.
As Antique said, the default port is 2706 to 2100 or something.

You should do this thing to download faster, open your ports in your router if you have one. Without this, the firewall could stop and lower your connections.

I hope that I am clear, I am not sure ;)
If not google "open the port on "your modem" "

Bye,
Jesus

Since a lot of months without an amiga to love, I was lost.
Now I feel happiness again with a Sam Flex 800 .
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@yescop

I understand what you mean , but that's already done, my ports in ctorrent and my router are fine. What I said is CTorrent looks at 0.0.0.0:<port> and while <port> is fine, the ip is obviously not 0.0.0.0 and that, atm as Antique said, can't be changed. Whether this affects performance or not i don't know, but fom my experience you need to have the ip right to have the best possible speed. Hope I was clear enough now :)

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 10 »