Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
90 user(s) are online (41 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 90

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 11 »
Re: Initial steps with AmiFig 3.0 on aos4, version #2
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@xenic

Quote:

#ifdef __amigaos4__
SA_LikeWorkbench, TRUE,
#endif

If WorkBench cloning works on AROS & MOS

SA_LikeWorkbench has been there since OS3.x so I guess MOS and AROS will have it too.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Hi kas, i found a minor issue in "Page format" textarea, (tab DISPLAY in preferences)

The content on the list are now "invisible", they turn visible only if you select them with the mouse

It's a small issue but .. as we are here to report

Thanks!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
New translation according to revision 194

http://www.qimmagine.it/owb/AmiFIG_rev_194.rar

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

I get an immediate guru when starting the program on my Samflex@800 running Update 2

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@328gts

Run it from icon or from shell ? What say GR (need it only stack trace) ? Did you delete old preferences file before running the new version ? Are you unpacking all the stuff in new directory ? Did you have reboot before testing (just to be sure, that there was no problems with other programs before) ? And how crash happens, you run it, and program not spawn anything but crash ?

@samo79
Check plz revision 191 on SF, it is the same translation or you add something else ?

Edited by kas1e on 2010/9/16 7:40:32
Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Yes it is the same, I downloaded .cd file yesterday night (and it was in revision 191)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79

So no need to update as i understand ? That one which on SF are good one already ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

No Yannick (in rev 191) update the catalog descriptors only (the .cd file) the ct's was not touched by him

I updated my catalog according to his latest cd file (in rev 191)

So in short, this is the latest italian snapshot, use it

P.S.
Obviusly if you need to commit, take only the files:

AmiFIG.ct
AmiFIG.catalog

The .cd are in my archive only as reference

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e
The changes in the AmiFig SVN repository are happening so fast that it is difficult to keep up at this point. However, in the current code the file win_zoom.c needs an additional include to compile on my SAM Flex because of the added zoom magnification control gadget:
#include <intuition/gadgetclass.h>

Because my change that eliminates the screen name as the first argument when calling fig2dev has not been added, I decided to create a script to intercept the F2D call and forward the correct commands to fig2dev. I will send you the script. Since AROS uses the FIG2DEV.lua script for export they may have chosen not to change the code. That lua script may work with OS4 if "lua.lha" from OS4Depot is installed. However, I wrote a short AmigaDOS script as an alternative which I will send to you attached to a private email.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@xenic

Quote:

The changes in the AmiFig SVN repository are happening so fast that it is difficult to keep up at this point. However, in the current code the file win_zoom.c needs an additional include to compile on my SAM Flex because of the added zoom magnification control gadget:
#include <intuition/gadgetclass.h>

Yes, i already said that to Yannick 2 days ago, and he add that, but later, in new commit , he remove that (i think because he just messing with other win_zoom file). I will ask him again about that.

Quote:

Because my change that eliminates the screen name as the first argument when calling fig2dev has not been added

Hm.. I send for him all the changes which you send for me.
Looks like he just missed that part. Can you please send exactly part of code with that changes, and i again will annoy him about.

Quote:

I decided to create a script to intercept the F2D call and forward the correct commands to fig2dev. I will send you the script. Since AROS uses the FIG2DEV.lua script for export they may have chosen not to change the code. That lua script may work with OS4 if "lua.lha" from OS4Depot is installed. However, I wrote a short AmigaDOS script as an alternative which I will send to you attached to a private email.

Maybe for keeping "the same" for everything, better to say for users "install lua.lha from os4depot" ? To avoid different mess.

Did you check btw those Lua scripts, will they work on aos4 ? Or maybe there something aros specific in it ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e
Quote:

Hm.. I send for him all the changes which you send for me.
Looks like he just missed that part. Can you please send exactly part of code with that changes, and i again will annoy him about.

Maybe for keeping "the same" for everything, better to say for users "install lua.lha from os4depot" ? To avoid different mess.

Did you check btw those Lua scripts, will they work on aos4 ? Or maybe there something aros specific in it ?

I've never installed "lua" so I don't know if the FIG2DEV.lua script will work or not. However,if we change to the AmiFIG code to use fig2dev binary directly, it may eliminate the possibility of using the lua script on OS4. At this point I think it would be better to add the AmiDOS script (which I have already sent you by email) as an alternative for users who don't install "lua" or in the event that the lua script won't work with OS4. It looks like the lua script opens an MUI window to let the user choose the type of file to export, which might be easier (if the script works on OS4 with lua installed) than relying on the prefs settings. We can always add my change to the AmiFIG sources at a later time if that seems to be a better choice. The AmigaDOS script leaves the options open.

EDIT: Leaving the AmiFIG code as it is and using the script also leaves open the possibility that someone could convert the lua script to ARexx or Python for OS4 at some later time. In the mean time the AmigaDOS script will work if the prefs settings are correct.

Edited by xenic on 2010/9/16 16:55:50
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

check your pm for the crash log...did a fresh 1st time install and get same crash when trying to run from WB or shell

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@xenic
Ok, then let's use ados script for for now. Btw, Yannick add missing include to win_zoom.c. And check plz last revision (196). In rev 195 Yannick add that: "Screen option for fig2dev and ras2vec shall not be written anymore if nothing is written in the field (old bug not noticeable under ARSO as the option is used)". Will it help us to avoid usage of that script ?

@328gts, mr2
I will build the next version with debug info support, and then, we can try agan on your crashes , and then crashlogs can help (for now they only show that somethere are problems, but not exact information).

@samo79
Yannick add your translation to svn (rev196).

Edited by kas1e on 2010/9/17 7:50:36
Edited by kas1e on 2010/9/17 7:55:21
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@xenic
I also add mouse-wheel support for os4 in amifig (zoom-in / zoom-out), but for now i add it only when those windowses are active:

win_toolz
win_attribute
win_modes
win_zoom

The main active window are handles in the win_another.c file, but, something wrong here for now with wheel handling..

Edited by kas1e on 2010/9/18 8:13:58
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

I'll see

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
I also add mouse-wheel support for os4 in amifig (zoom-in / zoom-out), but for now i add it only when those windowses are active:

Well done mate, are general zoom fixed too ?
I have many problems with it, if so can you able to release an interim release ?

Meantime it seems that Yannick wants break for a couple of weeks

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79

There some problems with making wheel-zoom-in-out working while main area are active, but it works when other windowses are active. I think we should release it even like that because of all other fixes and alt (tomorrow)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Ok thanks

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Please try to avoid depending on third-party libraries like lua (whatever that is). It risks introducing more bugs and insecurities to an AmigaOS system, making it difficult to identify the cause of instabilities.

I would prefer to see an AmigaOS port that runs natively, without using fourth-party libraries. There should be nothing that can't be implemented using AmigaOS system calls.

I am quite keen to help in this respect - if I can help, just pm me.

cheers
tony
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tonyw

In AmiFig LUA only using for 2 scripts (which spawn 2 graphical interfaces, which just GUI for fig2dev programm). So, if you can write such interface on Reaction, then will be pretty cool.

For now i not include any LUA scripts to aos4 version, because it possible to do all manually. But its a bit suck of course, and better to have 2 reaction based replacements (or maybe even AREXX scripts).

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 11 »