Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
105 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 105

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 14 »
Re: Initial port of new Paint app. NEW VERSION #5
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@kas1e

As regards AmiUpdate, you can simply create an archive of the program and all it's plugins and associated files. Add an AutoInstall script which copies everything into the correct places, and submit it to the database.

Job done! :)

More information is available here

Simon

Comments made in any post are personal opinion, and are in no-way representative of any commercial entity unless specifically stated as such.
----
http://codebench.co.uk
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Rigo

I more in interest what you think about adding that features about we talk to Save asl requester ?:) Will you in interest to add that, or maybe ask for main asl coder for ?

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Re: Initial port of new Paint app. NEW VERSION #10
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

awesome stuff..thanks again!..I am using Lodepaint more and more with each update

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@kas1e

Well, even if work started right now, you still wouldn't have access to it until the next OS update goes out, so my advice is to make some alternative plans to achieve what you need.

Whether this actually gets addressed or not is a matter for the current maintainer, or some other brave soul :)

Simon

Comments made in any post are personal opinion, and are in no-way representative of any commercial entity unless specifically stated as such.
----
http://codebench.co.uk
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Rigo

Yeah, i will make 2step solution for now, but just in high interest and hope, that you will re-address that suggestion (for making Save file requester allow to add hook with file types), because you as os4 developer of course have better contact with asl author (or, maybe you will add that yourself when will have some free time :) ). Imho from even my suck programming opinion, it should be not so hard to expand Save-file-requester part.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Rigo

Perhaps it is time for an ASLV2 interface? This new one would support none of the old hacks and could be designed for transparent migration to any MP/64bit future.

Lordy knows Microsoft have gone through a few upgrades to their APIs. Especially with things like printing - wow what a mess.

Thanks for addressing the questions on this thread.

Go to top
Re: Initial port of new Paint app. NEW VERSION #11
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
DUUUUDDE!!!!!!

THANK you for Lodepaint!!! It's brill!! I can't get th cropping to work but without it i's STILL brill!!

CyBeR-Matt
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@showman

Are you sure about not working cropping ? You just choice any area, then press "del" on keyboard or in menu "cut". Maybe you use very-old version ? If you will show exactly (step by step) how to reproduce that, then it will be fixed.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

is it possible to save a file as .jpg ? I don't see it in the list..or am I missing something?

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

just noticed a bug..get complere sytem lock up when I am try to open another jpg file after having one already open on screen i.e modify a jpg file, save new file, click 'new' to get fresh blank screen then click load and always get immediate lock up at this point. Tried several times with same issue on my Samflex

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@328gts

If i remember right, by default only decoding of jpegs, and not encoding. But if i again remember right (can't check it myself for now), when you use jpeg2000 plugin, then it can save as well (but not sure, need to check).

About bug - yes, i sometime notice that bug too. But i also have compilte freeze, and dunno how detect where bug is it. Maybe you can attach serial cable and check what happenes ? I will try to reproduce it by your step, and if the same will be for me, then it will be easer for check.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

First of all, thanks for porting this. It's simple enough I can actually figure out how to do stuff (unlike GIMP).

This version seems to lock up my system when I do a 'SaveAs'. I load an oversized jpg (I have to scroll to see the whole thing), do some minor editing, select 'SaveAs', enter a slightly different filename and click 'Save'. Nothing seems to happen. I wait a few minutes and try clicking the close and Cancel button on the requestor. Nothing. I click on the Workbench screen and get a complete lockup, not even the mouse cursor will move. Logo-Logo-Ctrl will NOT reset. Neither does Alt-Alt-Ctrl.

I tried it twice with the same jpg and it locked up the same way both times.

'non fixed' A1XE, USB card, Sil 0680 IDE, 512mb RAM, Radeon 9250, OS4.1 Update 5
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@328gts
I checked , and yes, for now saving of jpg are not possible. Main author say that will add that soon.

@RacerX
Can you send that jpg for me at kas1e@yandex.ru, and i will check.

But yes, i noticed the same strange problems with load/saveas from time to time, and it also the same - system lockup. Will try to found where is problems ..

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Sure, first chance I get (I'm not at my A1 right now).

'non fixed' A1XE, USB card, Sil 0680 IDE, 512mb RAM, Radeon 9250, OS4.1 Update 5
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

kas1e wrote:
@328gts
I checked , and yes, for now saving of jpg are not possible. Main author say that will add that soon.

thanks for checking

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:

kas1e wrote:

@RacerX
Can you send that jpg for me at kas1e-at-yandex.ru, and i will check.

But yes, i noticed the same strange problems with load/saveas from time to time, and it also the same - system lockup. Will try to found where is problems ..

Picture sent...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@RacerX

Quote:

Picture send ...

Yep, got the mail, will check it.

@328gts
Author add yesterday save-jpg support to jpeg plugin. For now it have no slider for change quality, and default are 80%. Will upload new plugin with new version in next few days.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:

Author add yesterday save-jpg support to jpeg plugin. For now it have no slider for change quality, and default are 80%. Will upload new plugin with new version in next few days.

OK, I'll keep this in mind when designing the fileformat selector for you. Do any of the other supported save formats have any settings?

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@trixie
For now it can save in 5 formats (without any settings for): png, lpi, bmp, tga and now jpg. First 4 save-formats managed by main programm itself, and jpg saving over jpeg plugin => than mean if no plugins loaded - we have 4 formats for save, if plugin loaded - 5. But i think selector-gui must be not hardcoded, but with some "input" fields like name of button, text for buttons and alt (to make easy to expand it by new formats, or remove unused ones, without broken the design of selector gui).

For example that how GetVideo's selector looks like:

Resized Image

Maybe it will be a bit annoing because if we will have more than 5 file formats (and we will in end), then whole window will looks too big and not so "cool". Maybe need to create it like "3 or 4 or 5 file type buttons in one row". And if count is not qual to make all bound the same, then just recalcualte size of last buttons to make it good looking. Like that:

Resized Image

It that case window always will be good by size, bounds and good looking.

Edited by kas1e on 2010/7/3 12:41:03
Edited by kas1e on 2010/7/3 12:41:37
Edited by kas1e on 2010/7/3 12:43:01
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all
New version on os4depot. Changes since last one:

- Added FPS counter
- Did a few cleanups and optimizations (should be a bit faster on AOS4 for now).
- Gave the jpeg plugin the ability to save jpegs. Quality currently defaults to 80. Plugin load for now by default, so you need nothing to do.
- Added "Normalized Iteration" option to julia and mandelbrot filters (smoother color transitions)
- Increased the tooltip font size.
- Fixed an annoying bug that sometimes made it hard to type values in filter/tool parameters.
- Fixed the appearance of numbers with many decimals after the point when using some sliders in filter/tool parameters.
- Made some filter/tool parameters use percentage (0-100) rather than the range 0.0-1.0.
- Updated GUI style: brighter toolbar, white rectangle behind number inputs, new slider style, and brushier brush icon.
- Fixed the accidently broken "keep only alpha" filter
- Tab now works to jump to next control on all text fields and sliders in filter/tool parameters
- Added "Copy Alpha" option to the "Blend Selection" filter
- Auto-save of programm settings (i.e. you can choice any background colors, size of working area, etc, then exit, and for next run , everything will be re-loaded as it was on exit).

@Trixie
Any progress with selector ?:)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 14 »