Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
89 user(s) are online (43 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 87

Maijestro, sailor, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 3 4 ... 11 »
Initial steps with AmiFig on aos4, version #8
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Following to that thread on aros-exec, i found that Yannick and Matthias Rustler port one more interesting app to AROS, which name are AmiFig. AmiFig its old vector-based paint programm which start on aos3, then start ot be opensouce, and then Matthias with Yannick start to works on it (if i understand everything right here).

So, afer i see that new version are out few days ago, i spend today some hours and after some help from Rigo and Fab, make first AOS4 version, which, of course, have bugs, crashes on some places (that why i not upload it to os4depot for now), but in main it works.

There is screenshot which i grab right now from my os4. Hope soon i will fix the most annoing problem (swithing of screenmodes giving hardcore bugs and lockups of program), and after that will upload it for everyone.

Edited by kas1e on 2010/8/18 12:41:43
Edited by kas1e on 2010/8/19 17:49:03
Edited by kas1e on 2010/8/20 13:14:48
Edited by kas1e on 2010/9/1 12:59:34
Edited by kas1e on 2010/9/4 11:30:01
Edited by kas1e on 2010/9/13 14:26:38
Edited by kas1e on 2010/9/18 12:19:53
Edited by kas1e on 2010/10/8 18:34:07
Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Re: Initial steps with AmiFig 3.0 on aos4.
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information

X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e
Thank you! As always great stuff from you

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Excellent job mate

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ALL
With the good support from Yannick, and with his hard work in last 2-3 days on AmiFig, we can have working aos4 version, which almost not have bugs which will stop you from using it. (press on screenshot for big size):

Resized Image

You can download archive here

That version still have errors:

Major one: Do not press on "zoom window", you will have a freeze/crash.

Minor one: On exit , one of signals are still unfreed, and if you will run AmiFig from shell, then you will be warned about. Nothing so bad, but will be fixed of course laster. If you will run it from icon - you will see no warnings.

Minor one: Some problems with "colors" decarations. I.e. when you will first time run AmiFig, you will have some problems with colors, so, you need to choice new display-mode, amifig will be auto-refreshes, and everything will be ok. If you will run AmiFig at public screen, then you also will have some colors problems it some other windowses. Yannick already works on implementing of new color system, so these bugs should be gone soon too.

If some of you will have problems related to "how make it works on public screen", then go to preferences, edit, mark button "use public screen", close the window, save preferences (as default name, just press ok in save_prefs window), then quit from amifig and run it again.

Enjoy, have fan, and say thanks to Yannick (and mazze as well), who works on it right now and update it.

Bugs, suggestions and alt are welcome.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

are these sources based on the unix programm 'xfig'?
Maybe it's possible to port the latest xfig version as well?
It's a very handy programm

Thanks,
nexus

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@nexus
Quote:

are these sources based on the unix programm 'xfig'?

Initially - yes (on xfig 3.1), but later was added too many amigaos specific thinks like messages, ports, signals, gadgettools and so on. There is open of intuition's screens and windowses, handling of the signals, arexx port and all aos 3.x API based only stuff. So it's not just a port, it's native amigaos programm, which was in developing for a long time back in the past, and later author open his sources, and others now continue that work.

There is old and no-more updated original (68k) version of AmiFig + some info (in deuth) if you in interest.

@cha05e90?
Btw, how you use 68k version of AmiFig on your aos4.1 ? I just tryed few latest 68k versions, and they all buggy (menu not works and alt). Or you add that to black list ? (just in interest to know, because for me 68k-binary version are unusable).

Edited by kas1e on 2010/8/18 17:08:27
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

AmiFIG 3.1 (! - not 3.0!) 68k works without any problems here on AmigaOS4.1 Update 2 (PegasosII) and Update 1 (SAM440ep). All menus are accessible, all functions (I used) worked as expected. AmiFIG is full Petunia emulated, no blacklist entry. You *might* have a problem with the AmiFIG screen (mode)? Do you have compositing enabled for it? Here it works with a non-compositing screen - with no "skin" (old 3.x-look).

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@cha05e90

Ok, got it. But all in all now its not matter how 68k one are works, because we have native one :)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all
New version with fixed ZoomWindow bug here. Still some problems with colors, and unfreed signal at exit.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Re: Initial steps with AmiFig 3.0 on aos4, version #2
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e
What file formats can AmiFig import/export? (This is the main question I ask about any program, because Amiga-only file formats make it a fairly useless for me. e.g. SimpleMail supports mbox import/export. So no chance my emails/etc are trapped on my Amiga, or worse, trapped in a specific program.)

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

While you're already doing great work - when AmiFIG is done, here are some more tools that could be ported to OS4:

- fig2dev (complements AmiFIG - the 68k version will not play with our OS4-Ghostscript, at least *I* never got it to work properly...) - or isn't it needed anymore?

- MetaView (http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~jonash/noframe_english.html) - maybe Henk is interested in making his tool open source or give it to someone who can port it. I payed for this shareware, but it works not that stable under OS4.1...

Nevermind my demands, I'm only thinking loud - just ignore my post and go on with your work...

BTW: You have mail!

@ChrisH

AmigFIG has it's own file format (FIG) which is of course derived from the *nix XFig software. This can be read by a rather large number of *nix programs (or complements in Windows and Mac world). The new version has some export functions to other formats (I suppose).
Usually the above mentioned program fig2dev is used to transfer this format to something more common (i.e. postscript, bitmap graphics, HPGL etc.). MetaView was/is able to do the same, but of course more "Amiga"-like, with GUI etc. This is why I asked to port them to OS4.
(If I remember correctly there is somewhere a screenshot here at the amigans.net image section...).

@Both

You both broke that 1000 posts barrier some posts ago! Congratulations...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ChrisH

Quote:

What file formats can AmiFig import/export? (This is the main question I ask about any program, because Amiga-only file formats make it a fairly useless for me. e.g. SimpleMail supports mbox import/export. So no chance my emails/etc are trapped on my Amiga, or worse, trapped in a specific program.)

As cha05e90 write , it mainly about FIG format , but, it has export to PNG. Dunno have it import of any format or kind, but as cha05e90 also say, there fig2dev programm, which used for convert (i just not compile it yet, and not include to archive, but will do that for sure).

@cha05e90
About fig2dev - yep, i will compile it for sure too (dunno if it works for aros/morphos already or not, but imho yes, because it included to archives on boch oses).

About MetaView: will try to write email to him right now. Found jonash@cs.tu-berlin.de mail only, hope it works.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e & cha05e90

It's long time source code is available for MetaView, don't rememeber if it was on his website or on Aminet, anyway I have it somewhere on my HD, if you can't have an answer from the author, nor you can find it I can try to dig it out.
(I downloaded this to port it to AOS 4 too but never found the time to even look at the source code )

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@abalaban
Cool !

Btw, i check screenshots on his page, they looks pretty ugly. But i think its because programm use gadgettools, and on aos3 it was ugly by look a bit, and as in case with amifig, it will looks normall in end on os4 (i hope).

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@cha05e90 & abalaban

Have answer from MetaView author, and he say, that sources are open, but he will try to dig out the last ones on his hdd.

He also add, that MetaView done in E language, so, imho Crhis should work on it, as he know about E many :)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Re: Initial steps with AmiFig on aos4, version #3
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all
New version, grab it here. Fixed problems with colors while you run AmiFig on WB screen (before colors was messy, other windowses of other programms also fuck the colors after that - now all is fine). Fix are ugly for now, and with help of Yannick i hope it will be better done, but even for now it works as should visually.

The only problems which we have for now: first running on custom screen give us wrong colors, but after re-choice the mode, all is fine. And second one, unfreed signal at exit.

Also, i have a question related to aos4 itself : When i run AmiFig on custom screen, it have default old looks of window borders (just like it os3 or kind). Why it no looks like my current theme ? For example when i run it on WB screen, then window borders looks fine and all looks ok (you can see on screenshots in other posts), but when i run it on custom screen, its like "forget" about current theme. What should we add to code, to make programm have looks of theme even on custom screen ? (as i see, for example PFTP or any other programm which works on custom screen, have always the same looks at i choice in aos4, but amifig on custom screen have that old look of windowses).

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e Quote:
He also add, that MetaView done in E language, so, imho Crhis should work on it, as he know about E many :)

While I hate messing with C source code, I would be willing to look at E sources (email or PM me). Can't promise anything, but if it doesn't rely on too many wierd modules then recompiling for OS4 might be possible...

Even if it does compile for OS4, I would NOT take-over maintenance of it, but of course the source code would be available.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ChrisH

I have recieved a mail from auhor:

Quote:

the source is part of the lha archive from
http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~jonash/MetaView_full.lha

Check it plz.