Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
68 user(s) are online (46 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 66

flash, sailor, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 3 »
Favourite Amiga
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Which is your fave Amiga and why?

Go to top
Re: Favourite Amiga
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I have owned many Amiga 1000s and an A4000D. I swore
I would keep them forever. Then the AOne came along.
After six months using OS4, I gave away all my classic Amiga machines.

After I've run OS4, there is no going back. It's got speed, sure. But it just feels right. I believe in this OS.

Just my opinion, of course.

LyleHaze

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Other than my A1-XE, my next favorite Amiga would have to be my 3000T and then the CD-32.

Valiant@Camelot
AmigaOne XE, 800Mhz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u7
Sam440ep, 666Mhz, 512Mb, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u6
A1-X1000, 1.8Ghz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1x
A1-X5000/40 2.2Ghz, 2GB, Radeon HD 7700, OS4.1 FE ud 2
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
The one I dreamed over the most would have to be the 3000T. I used to have an Amiga mag that had an advert for it and I would look at it for hours and dream. That was back when I still had an A1000.

It's hard to say. My A1000 was amazing. CDTV was where I learned SO much about Amiga. I had a bootable FredFish disk and would play around with all the hunrdreds of programs. Trial and error taught me all the in's and out's of AmigaOS.

A1200 though was sort of the perfect Amiga. Let me do everything I could before, but faster and with many more colors. CD32 w/ SX1, well I loved that one too.

I love them all!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@LyleHaze

For me the same.

If i want some extra things to the A1 then it should be:

hardware:
TV-in/output, hifi-integration, new joypad, virtual glasses, ...

software:
AF 2006 for OS4, download-service for older games and software, ...

hardware + software:
easy-link with other computers, booting from ram/memory devices, ...

concepts:
following industrial standards, finding new ways of interaction,
artificial intelligence as a sort follow-up to our say-programme,
integration into the household (child/girl/woman friendly spinoff's), ...

And much much more ...

Edited by Dirk-B on 2006/12/13 5:46:26
A1G3-SE + OS4.1 u1 iso (x2)
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
I too goto agree My A1XEG4@1000mhz is my favourite AMIGA by far its got speed grace and just feels so perfect with OS4

my PPC 1200 second best
will be good to see it with OS4 too

then my CD32 with SX1 and CDTV only for games tho

Amiga is the heart and soul of computing nothing else comes close
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Currennt favourite has to be my A1, which has been the only one running here for several years now (don't do much classic gaming).

All time favourite - and I know it'll cause ructions - is the A600. Small and perfectly formed - an ideal games machine back in its time. Plus, I have fond memories of loading 3 disks of Pagesetter 3 onto a 4 Mb PCMCIA card and booting from RAD: no more disk swapping!

Happiness is mandatory
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Its got to be the 1200.

I was on my way to a computer show in 1992 and had resolved to buy an accelerator for my 500 plus. It was at this show that Commodore unveiled the A1200 to the unsuspecting public, so after some intense thought I decided to change my plans and buy this new machine instead. I had appreciated the 1200 was a 68020 based machine, but reading through the literature on the train I discovered it had 2 megs as standard!

Anyway, its been with me ever since. That particular model is resting at the moment, but I think you''d be hard pushed to find a piece of electronic design that has been expanded and developed as much as the 1200 motherboard. My own relatively modest model, being 68060, Voodoo3 and TV card with ADSL, something surely undreamed of by its designers 14 years ago.

And a further essential selling point?

It will play everything from Marble Madness and Carrier Command to Super Stardust AGA, UFO: Enemy Unknown and Quake.

...and under emulation I'm playing Mechwarrior (pc) and Warcraft and X-Wing (Mac).

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
It would have to be my MicroA1 I won and got from you

Seriously though, Its the dogs doo dahs.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I still have a soft spot to the old A500. I had it for 5 years, and got the A1200 because there was a chance to (actually traded in the A500 for A1200). Last time I saw it It had 1MB chip an A590 with 2MB fast and 40MB scsi hd.
Then came A1200 with Mocrobotics expansion card with FPU and 4MB. It's expanded with 68060, 80GB hd,cdrom, cdrw, 64MB ram, prelude, pixel64, pcmcia network card, scandouble+flickerficxer. Still using it on regular basis of early death of my A1, which is the favourite of course. Otherwise A1200 would suffice with playing games and being used with midi.

All are great machines, but A1 is the best!!!

Jack

Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
CD32 and AmigaOne XE.

Even with its problem my A1 has been my best bought in this market.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@All
Easily my A1 933 XE. I thrashed my A1200/30 to death and loved it dearly, I didn't even scratch the surface of what it could do (now that I look at Amikit).

The A1 despite the "quirks" is brilliant and if that gives way to new refined HW so much the better.

I think something that has been forgotten about the A1 development was back in those days (yes old time IT wise) non Apple PPC HW was almost non existent, so it was inevitable we would face some problems.

Now I am informed that our memory bus is old and slow, well whooopppee things can only improve on this speed, brilliant.

The AOS4 team has done a magnificent job and set up a solid foundation on which a truly remarkable OS can continue to develop.

ace

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi,

I had my first Amiga in 1986 with only 512Kb, learn't all possible trick with it.

about two years later i had me an A2000 and had to wait another two years before i had enough money for a 20Mb HD.

later on i sold everything due to lack of money.

then the came 1993 and the A1200/A4000/30 AGA came out. Better days helpt me to have them both.

In 2000 again sold everything thinking Amiga was good as dead. Yes i know, stupid.

Early this year (2006) i have them all back, really classic

A2000/30, A4000/40, A1200/30 and of course A500 with a pc-card.

The A4000 en A1200 i will keep and use them almost every day.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
My a1200 was by far the most productive amiga I've ever owned.

From video editing using KRP edit plug, knocking up graphics in brilliance to just having a game of elite etc.

My A1 does practically NONE of that

but...

It goes online, plays Freespace/Quake etc and is the way forward.

But my fave amiga atm has to be the a1200 ( I couldn't afford the 3000 or 4000)

Are we nearly there yet ?
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
The AmigaOne is the best Amiga computer right now,
(CPU speed, memory, USB, PCI, sound and disk speed)

I think the best classic Amiga is a 4000 whit some upgrades.

MC68060, SCSI, Cyber Graphics 3D, is where impressive at emulating Mac, and general usage, way do I like this setup, well the Amiga 4000 is the most complete computer of all classic Amiga models.

When you upgrade an A1200, you need change the cabinet and modify it, as well as there is number of crazy upgrade paths you most avoid.

But common for all fully upgraded Amiga models is that there is always some thing that pops out if of place, I think of the Amiga models as crazy computers, whit there none standard IO ports, and plugs.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
My A3000D with P-IV and 68060 was my fav. Amiga box for the longest time. I still have it around but the 060 accelerator died on me so I'm back to the 030 which is just bloody awful.

Today, the MicroA1-C (750FX) is my current fav. Amiga box by far. The lack of slots is the only real downside. Just wish they gave us two or three slots.

ExecSG Team Lead
Go to top
Illusionist
Illusionist

See User information
My 3000D.

It has an 040, 16 megs of fast RAM, GVP video card (with pass-thru for native modes), HD floppy, exteral CD-ROM, OS3.9 with 3.1 Roms, etc.

It's also the best looking "big box" Amiga Commodore built! (in my opinion).

Nowadays, it's too slow for everyday use, but it's still my favorite Amiga.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Gotta be the A500, the machine that kicked it all off for me. The A1200 was probably my most favourite machine while i was progressing through the Amiga's though - It had a 420Mb Conner 3.5" hard disk strapped inside which made the case stick up alittle, an '030 50Mhz in the trapdoor and a CD-ROM in the PCMCIA, but the A500 would probably be my most setimental overall.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
My favourite Amiga???

hard question! I love it all!!!

BTW, my everyday Amiga is my PPC/060 A4000T

Amigalement,
Jean-Francois Bachelet, Amiga nuts since 1985
-----------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to Happy Computing : AMIGA! (C)2K4-2K99 voxel
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Easy question the A3000T followed by the A3000. Best Amigas by far.

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 3 »