Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
114 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 113

MartinW, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Port Request: QupZilla
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
Can someone check the QupZilla web browser? http://www.qupzilla.com

It uses the QT 4.x, which on my Linux machine is version QT 4.8.6 and libqt4-sql-sqlite. Is it feasible to be ported?

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Re: Port Request: QupZilla
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@walkero

Yes, it could be but honestly what is the difference with InternetSurfBoard or QtWeb ? Unfortunately, not the speed.

By security, I tried an old version, I will try the latest one...

Resized Image

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@zzd10h

Thanks for your fast positive reply. Why not speed? What do you think that it is needed to make those apps faster?

Follow me on
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@walkero

What I wanted to say is that it's not faster than others Qt web browser under OS4 like QtWeb or ISB.
And regarding the optimisation, only Alfkill could say...

QupZilla is not really nicer than the others qtbrowsers but if you want to try :

http://zzd10h.amiga-ng.org/Qt/QupZilla.lha

I have only fixed some stuffs to make it starts and to be able to change the themes hoping that it will be nicer...but not esthetically better...

Take care to the extensions tab in the Preferences windows, it crashs. I fixed the Save option but forgot this tab.

Resized Image

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Walkero : what will be slow is not the browser itself but JavaScript from QT. So any QT browser will be slow (more or less but slow nonetheless).

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
Thanks guys

@zzd10h
I will try it tonight to see how it works... Is it the latest available version?

It would be interesting if you could write a guide about porting QT apps here or at the os4coding.net.

Follow me on
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@zzd10h
If it works well, think about sending screenshots and promote it at the Qupzilla website http://www.qupzilla.com/. It is good to have there the AmigaOS boingball logo and promote further our beloved OS.

Follow me on
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@walkero
No success to port the last version... It loops as soon as the main window is displayed.

"It would be interesting if you could write a guide about porting QT apps here or at the os4coding.net."

No, sorry, I waste enough time on my own Amiga projects and you know, to port Qt program doesn't need skills, everybody can do it !

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
QupZilla might not be better for some of you guys, but I do like it better than some other Qt browsers. It has more features (esp. in the newest versions), it's very cross-platform (on the Download page you can see all the platforms supported) and the interface is just nice to use. And it supports extensions (native ones right now, but before Summer 2016 it will also start to support Chrome extensions). I love using it on my Linux and Haiku machine and been using it for a few years now :) But I'm more on my Amiga these days. And while Odyssey is near-perfect (and better integrated, of course!), sometimes a page doesn't work as well as in, say, QupZilla or Timberwolf (but Timberwolf is not useable on my AmigaOne 500). So it would be nice to have my other favorite web browser QupZilla (Odyssey and QupZilla are my two favorites!) available for use on AOS4 :) The newest version, if possible, of course. So if anyone is up for porting the newest version and makes sure that at least browsing, the built-in AdBlock and themes work, I'll gladly donate a nice amount of money to that person.

I'm kind of a noobie when it comes to AmigaOS. I'm using Linux since 2008 and since Summer of 2013, I got my first Amiga ever: AmigaOne 500. I recently upgraded it with a RadeonHD card. I've really fallen in love with AmigaOS 4.x
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@zzd10h

Quote:
you know, to port Qt program doesn't need skills, everybody can do it !
If so, it shouldn't take long to write a short guide, and when people see how easy it is, maybe more of them will dare try.

Just a thought - I do appreciate that you have many other projects.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top

Register To Post