Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
107 user(s) are online (51 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 107

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

I'm baaack! and I've forgotten everything...
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Just recently decided to fire up the A1XE again (after replacing a dead CMOS battery ) but now uboot (1.1.1 IIRC) won't find the SLB, even though I reinstalled from an AOS 4.1 CD (using media toolbox).
Boots fine from a CD... all discs go through a SI PATA board.

Puzzled!

Avatar: Avro Vulcan - XH558 needs YOU !!
Go to top
Re: I'm baaack! and I've forgotten everything...
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Resolved...
Needed to use PS/2 devices, and set the boot options properly.
Now. What did I miss?

Avatar: Avro Vulcan - XH558 needs YOU !!
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
What you missed depends on how long you've been gone.
Which version of 4.1 are you using?
4.1 Final Edition has been released. And the price is very nice. around 30euro for the os.

X5000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Antique
Quote:
What you missed depends on how long you've been gone.

His profile says that his last post here was back in 2012.

Apart from OS 4.1 FE...

- Version 2.x of the Radeon HD driver has been released with a new composited video feature. This is effectively a more modern version of "video overlay," and enables faster video playback
- MPlayer has been updated, including an update to use composited video
- ACube have released a lower cost version of the Sam460 called the Sam 460CR
- A-EON Technologies announced and is working toward releasing the AmigaOne X5000 series of computers based around Freescale P50x0 CPUs
- A-EON released Warp3D drivers for Southern Islands Radeon HD cards (developed by me)
- The AmiStore has been released; it's an app-store where you can buy AmigaOS software
- A number of game ports have been released, including OpenJK (Jedi Academy)
- Some original titles are also being worked on (if you're a Minecraft fan, check our AmiCraft on os4depot)
- Hollywood is available for purchase again, and at least one major update has been released
- Lots more...

Sorry for the graphics-centric nature of the list; that's because I'm involved in developing graphics stuff, so those items are easiest for me to remember.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
A-EON are now the owners of Amiga.org and Amigaworld.net sending the paranoid even more paranoid.

They have also bought the rights to various Amiga apps for further development on Amiga systems. So far they have released an OS4 native version of Personal Paint along with an updated 68k version. ImageFX, OctaMED and Aladdin4D will also get native and updated releases.

The Odyssey web browser was ported from MorphOS and now you can watch youtube videos in your browser.

Amiboing have released a few more games. Battle Squadron was remade for OS4 and MorphOS and we have a new developer, Cherry Darling who have been busy making games too.

MorphOS now runs on Sam460 so the Pegasos2 is no longer the only system that can run both.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@agafaster
JIT v1.0.0 for E-UAE got released recently. There is a beta version of RunInUAE incorporating this (hopefully I'll get around to a proper release sooner or later).

I also released a small utility called eGame, which a fair few people liked enough to register it. It works well with RunInDOSBox (as well as many other emulators).

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Hans

and plenty of software like Directory Opus Magellan 5.9 OS4 native, lots of games and ztools utilities pluss Digibooster 3.0

Sam460ex 2GB 120Gb SSD&1Tb HD7750 Envy24HT A-Eon Drv 2.10+Warp3D New Uboot
Apollo v4 Standalone
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@agafaster

I know the feeling my A1 died back around 2010.
I finally got a new one and things have changed a bit, i have changed to the faster sata drives card etc having probs booting cant find slb etc.
Put old drive in it works the old drive formatted ffs the new sfs0 i think i have to change it to ffs to make it work just the boot partition is that correct anyone ?

Amiga is the heart and soul of computing nothing else comes close
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@poweramiga

No, you should be able to boot from SFS, at least SFS\0.

But it might depend on the UBoot and/or Slb version you have. Also, booting from SATA may not be possible from all SATA cards. Which card do you have, and what is your UBoot and Slb versions?

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top

Register To Post