Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
98 user(s) are online (50 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 98

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

How to boot DOpus automatically
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
With OS4.1u6 I had set up DOpus5 in WB replacement mode some time ago.

When I upgraded to FE I decided to use Workbench, at least until I had a chance to fully appreciate it. But I discovered that if I put the DirectoryOpus icon on Workbench, I could click on it and get DOpus as an alternate screen, and the hot keys I had set up would work on Workbench as well. Hot dog!

So, until yesterday, I have been launching OS4.1FE and immediately clicking the DirectoryOpus icon. Then I thought maybe I could save myself a step by moving the icon into Prefs WBStartup. Bit it turns out that isn't the right thing to do, exactly. I now get alerts that DOpus is waiting to return, or DOpus is getting "tired of waiting" to return.

Of course, clicking the "Cancel" on those alerts is no easier than clicking the DirectoryOpus icon was, but isn't there after all some way to automate the procedure?

Go to top
Re: How to boot DOpus automatically
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
As a non dopus user, did you try adding the donotwait option in icon info?

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi.

Epsilon has a good blog entry about how to setup dopus5 in wb replacement mode.

http://amigax1000.blogspot.se/2014/02 ... -59-updated-on-x1000.html

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ddni
I always had the idea that all one could do was remove parentheses; I assumed adding would be impossible -- it wouldn't be detected.

But by golly, DONOTWAIT works! Thank you.

I didn't start using Amigas until 1986, and it looks like I'm a slow learner.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@smf
I used that when I set it up to replace 4.1u6. I'm not ready to do it again, yet, anyway. I like having both running (mostly) separately at the same time.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kilaueabart

Quote:
I always had the idea that all one could do was remove parentheses; I assumed adding would be impossible -- it wouldn't be detected.
Tooltypes in parentheses are inactive and are never read by the program. Listing them in the icon is just a service and a good practice from the programmer as a guide to the user. But they are not required to be there, nor is there a requirement that all valid tooltypes should be present in the icon (with or without parentheses).

The documentation of a program is always the best guide to which tooltypes can be used.

Quote:
But by golly, DONOTWAIT works!
DONOTWAIT is a special case. It is a standard tooltype used by Workbench, not by the program itself. Whenever a program is started by Workbench' startup, if the DONOTWAIT tooltype is not present, the startup will block until the program has ended. So if you want to start a program which should keep running in the background (like e.g. a commodity), you should always set the DONOTWAIT tooltype (or remove the tick in the "Wait until finished" box, if that is present in the icon - those two ways are equivalent).

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top

Register To Post