Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
129 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 129

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

OS4.1FE Workbench vs. DOpus5
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
With OS4.1u6 I replaced WB with DOpus5. Now that I have FE, instead of replacing Workbench, I leave the Directory Opus icon out and normally click it as soon as FE boots. Then I seem to have the best of both worlds. DOpus hot keys work in either screen; otherwise I choose screens according to what I want to do.

I don't remember noticing this with Dopus being the main screen when I used u6: The DOpus5 screen is cluttered with icons for partitions that I don't want to see there, such as "dh41," my OS4.1u6 backup and "KINGSTON," where I keep Ubuntu.

Is there a way to hide those?

Go to top
Re: OS4.1FE Workbench vs. DOpus5
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I have always use DOpus on its own screen, than way I can keep a set of listers and a button bar constantly open without obstructing WB where I have all other programs running.

I use the 5th mouse button to switch screens (configured by Allkeys). Other system wide hotkeys I use ToolsDaemon or AllKeys for. In DOpus I only have local hotkeys for copy, move, edit, view, etc.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kilaueabart

Maybe try Dopus5 menu: Settings-Enviroment-Desktop

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@TearsOfMe

Well, well, well!

You know, I spend a lot of time reading the two user's manuals (...55 and ...582), but there's just more than I'm ever going to be able to learn. Thank you for the good lesson.

Go to top

Register To Post