Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
87 user(s) are online (46 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 87

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

The Amiga Platform - A laughing stock?
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Take a peep.
http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=39362

Whilst not 100% accurate, it sums things up.

Only in Amigaland.

*sigh*

Mikey C

No cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it.
Go to top
Re: The Amiga Platform - A laughing stock?
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Mikey_C
yes its right on the button read it all

it sure looks like this will kill off anyone left

Amiga is the heart and soul of computing nothing else comes close
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Mikey_C

I take the opposite view on this - there is no such thing as bad publicity. For all the problems that are happening with the court case at the moment look at the amount of publicity the Amiga is getting out of it.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@JeffShepherd

That's true, assuming that things get sorted out quickly. If after all this publicity, A Inc. & Hyperion suddenly announce an out of court settlement, they could leverage all the publicity. If it drags on, or someone wins but OS4 as released in the final update can't be sold, the negative publicity will remain negative.

Hans

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Mikey_C
People have been laughing at Amiga for a long, long time.... I think the important thing to note is that they still know about the Amiga brand.

ExecSG Team Lead
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ssolie

Quote:

ssolie wrote:
@Mikey_C
People have been laughing at Amiga for a long, long time.... I think the important thing to note is that they still know about the Amiga brand.

I tend to disagree.

The brand is already very strong. It's the 3rd most recognized in all of Europe, so I think this court battle may just tarnish it's good name and possibly drop it to 4th or 5th most recognized.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@AmigaHeretic
Quote:
It's the 3rd most recognized in all of Europe, so I think this court battle may just tarnish it's good name and possibly drop it to 4th or 5th most recognized.

I don't quite see the logic there. The little spat is generating even more publicity so the brand will be even more recognized. Isn't being "good" and being recognized two different things?

ExecSG Team Lead
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ssolie

Sorry, my post was just a joke. You know they whole "It's the 3rd most recognized brand in all of Europe" that A Inc was claiming.

Are think there are very few who even remeber Amiga, so intern I think that means there are very few left to laugh at us, thankfully.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@AmigaHeretic
Quote:
...there are very few left to laugh at us, thankfully.

That much is definitely true.

ExecSG Team Lead
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Mikey_C

Not looking so good. If they don't settle the case soon, it will be worse.

There could be more to come if they don't produce the machines they are now talking about and if that Kent arena thing starts construction I sure hope they will have the money available that they have promised in that naming deal thing.

Here for hoping for the best!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi Mikey_C,

It's quite accurate, I thought.

It helped me in a few spots I hadn't been able to unravel.

A laughing stock? Yes.

Amiga Inc. must make nice-nice with Hyperion Entertainment, draw up some new agreement, whatever, but they CAN'T ditch them.....

Hyperion Entertainment did TOO MUCH, worked TOO HARD to get to this stage to be jettisoned. For me, it just will not be worth it to tag along with Amiga Inc. who will produce nothing, really....

At this stage of the game they FINALLY come up with HW? Where was their "capability" to this point in time? We look like idiots waiting ~2 1/2 years for MBs; they should have done something so long ago.....

Amiga Inc. won't be capable to extend AOS through the .x segments, no way, no how!

Amiga Inc. drops them, AOS will never be updated again, if it's even going to be able to be recompiled to work on whatever ACK Controls has up his sleeve is anyone's guess.

Shouldn't this be in "Too Hot to Handel"?

Support Amiga Fantasy cases!!!
How to program: 1. Start with lots and lots of 0's. 10. Add 1's, liberally.
"Details for OS 5 will be made public in the fourth quarter of 2007, ..." - Bill McEwen
Whoah!!! He spoke, a bit late.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Hans

Agreed. A prolonged battle will cause damage but for the short term all the publicity from the court case will have a positive effect.

Go to top

Register To Post