Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
140 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 140

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

The Internet Pitbull has been Digging in My "Yard"
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
It seems someone has sicced Cyveillance on my web site. More information can be found by reading blogsey. It would be my advice to do everything you can to block this cyber-espionage group from your servers.

For those who are brave enough to want to know me better, visit
my Home Page, my Storefront, and blogsey
Go to top
Re: The Internet Pitbull has been Digging in My "Yard"
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Billsey

I don't think anyone has sicced them upon your site.

It's more likely robots trying to sniff up illegal links to copyrighted material.

Read more at:
http://cyveillance.linuxgod.net/

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
They've been repeatedly downloading the same files all month long (April), and all of those files have been OGG-Vorbis. They never touched my site until I made OGGs of my own creations available. Since then they've been downloading so much that it amounts to more than three times the entire amount of content on my site, all in one month. They did nothing before that, when the same stuff was there in MP3 format. The moment OGGs became available, BAM! Here they come!

It looks suspiscious to me.

Edited by Billsey on 2007/5/3 13:35:23
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Billsey

Yes, their actions suspicious. The only thing I think you can do, is to firewall them out of your site. It doesn't seem like it helps to contact them anyway. They are hunting illegal material but their methods are almost as illegal ... :/

Contact your web hotel provider and see what they can do about it. Just tell them that you have seen that this IP (or site) is using up all your bandwidth and that you would like to lock them out.

Hopefully that will help.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@FihmpenRouk

There are two IPs (or ranges) involved. The second has been blocked. Unfortunately, the first is owned by Microsoft, and is used by their search engine. It strikes me that blocking that might be a little like shooting myself in the foot. And one never knows; since they are downloading devotional stuff, perhaps they'll actually listen and learn something.

What bothers me about it is that they use skulduggery and ambush instead of honesty and forthrightness. If they are investigating me, I would prefer that they come to me with their questions. It seems that what they are really doing is digging for something that their clients might be able to sue me for. Well, dig away. You can't get blood from a turnip, or money from someone who doesn't have any. As I said on another site, perhaps they'll get tired of the game and go away; I would prefer that there be fruit from this situation?spiritual fruit that would glorify God.

Anyway, time to get ready for work.

Go to top

Register To Post