Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
105 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 105

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

RAM Disk 2 appearing in RunInUAE
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
All of the sudden a "RAM Disk 2" started appearing on the screen of the emulated Workbench in RunInUAE when launching WHDLoad games.

Why is this happening? Is it normal? If not, how to get rid of that second RAM unit?

Go to top
Re: RAM Disk 2 appearing in RunInUAE
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
You don't, the second ram disk is the actual real ram disk iirc. very useful for copying files between os4 and uae.

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Nice feature indeed. Maybe.changing its icon would be easier

Sam460ex 2GB 120Gb SSD&1Tb HD7750 Envy24HT A-Eon Drv 2.10+Warp3D New Uboot
Apollo v4 Standalone
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@AmigOS
You started a "HD-installed" game from RAM:, so RunInUAE had to make E-UAE able to see OS4's RAM: disk. Since OS3 already has a RAM: disk, you end up with two RAM disks.

If you won't run games from RAM: any more, then it can be manually removed from the .uaerc_RunInUAE config file (a single line, likely near the bottom of the file).

Actually, since RAM: gets emptied on a reboot, it might make sense for RunInUAE to automatically remove RAM: unless it is being used to start a game....

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Chris

so if you start a game from RAM *once* RunInUAE modifies the config file?
It shouldn't IMO. The config should be "rock solid" or you cannot rely on it and every start is just random :-/

I understand you need to write a specific config file to run the selected file/game. Maybe you can use a file in T: which is overwritten everytime a game is started.

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Elwood
I don't really understand your objection. The positive side of the current behaviour is that you can access previously-used games/etc directly from Workbench 3.x . How is having partitions, previously used for E-UAE games, persisting between E-UAE reboots "random" & not stable?

In any event, the current behaviour was a side-effect of wanting to *prevent* the config file from being modified every time you launched something using RunInUAE. Improvements in the beta version of RunInUAE (*) mean this is technically no-longer necessary, but I'm not yet convinced a change of behaviour is needed.

* = which mean it does (usually) create a temporary config file in T: each time something is run.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top

Register To Post