Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
92 user(s) are online (47 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 90

Maijestro, sailor, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

graphics print stretched vertically
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
This may have started when I switched from SAM460ex to X1000, so just possibly an X1000 problem.

I use an HP Officejet 6700 Premium and HP_Photosmart to drive it. If I open a graphic file with Multiview, which displays it properly, and then print it (via usbprinter.device), the result gets stretched out in the vertical direction, making people look skinny for one thing.

I don't find any obvious solutions in Printer Preferences. What should I do?

Go to top
Re: graphics print stretched vertically
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kilaueabart

Quote:
making people look skinny for one thing.

Don't worry about it.

Quote:
What should I do?

Nothing, most people will be happy with there new look.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kilaueabart

I have the same problem, with a postscript printer. Multiview (and Picshow, etc...) try always to adapt the image to the page. It work if the image has more or less the rectangular shape of a page. If I have to print more accurately, I import in Pagestream or some wordprocessor and print from there...
For sure, it is a bug in the system (same problem here in Sam460 and X1000)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kilaueabart
I have an HP officejet 6700 too.
When I get my X1000 back up and running, I will be in touch with you for some printing tips

Edited by ddni on 2014/6/20 10:21:13
AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Ricossa

I think it's a problem with picture.datatype's DTM_PRINT method.

I've had all sorts of problems with it over the years, with odd resizing, wrong colour selection etc.

I haven't tried printing any pictures through MultiView for ages so don't know for sure, but MultiView uses DTM_PRINT so it's highly likely to be related to that if everything else is OK.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kilaueabart

The printed picture aspect is modified by the Printer preferences. Which settings you have there (for example the 'Settings' tab 'Limits' section, I'm not sure if these are correct headers in English as I use the Finnish locale )

Marko

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@blmara
You may be onto something (but then, wouldn't one of the other people with the problem have figured it out by now?).

I currently have it set to "Ignore," which "means to not apply limits." In the past I have found use for "Bounded," or was it "Absolute," maybe when printing merchant coupons or something.

I have just turned the printer on and am about to reprint, via Multiview, the last offending graphic, with Absolute > Height set to "0" (and Width at 75 for Letterhead 8½x11).

Well, that made no difference. I'll try "Bounded," with Height = 80.

What that did was cut the height to 8", but kept the same shape by cutting width down to 5¼.

I'm sure I have used some of those things successfully in the past, but maybe it was only when I had my HP2605dn LaserJet. That was a wonderful printer while it lasted (about five years).

For now, I guess I'll go the long way around and use PageStream.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@blmara

Here, with postscript driver on x1000 printerprefs (and postscript prefs) are ignored.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
The printer prefs program can't even get images right. In the settings Tab the example picture of the woman on the a printed page should look like a larger version of the picture on the left; not some image with stripes through it.

EDIT: The image is corrupted if you use a 16 bit screen. It is correct on a 32 bit screen. It displayed correctly on 16 bit screens for years.

Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

Go to top

Register To Post