Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
92 user(s) are online (43 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 91

VooDoo, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
Radiance?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
This image appeared on Facebook.
Excuse my ignorance, but what is Radiance?

Resized Image

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top
Re: Radiance?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ddni

May be a Brilliance successor for NG Amigans (AmigaKit keeps repeating that new software are being made for the AmigaONE X1000 -as if it would not work on other systems...-) and I think this picture is just a hint of what is to come.

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@K-L

Quote:

for the AmigaONE X1000 -as if it would not work on other systems...-)

That is a deleiberate misreading on your part, they emphasise X1000 as that is their product, so their primary audience is their direct customers, that does not mean software will not work on other AmigaOS 4 hardware, except where the software is a hardware specific driver ofcourse.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
A new art package? Cool. I wonder if it will have good Tablet support like Sketchblock?

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
We'll I'm sure we can think of a few other important software/driver packages we can use as we've got quite a lot of great art packages already in miggy land.

Btw, love Tony's Boing Ball case

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@K-L

Well just like you can't play 720p video on Sam440 because it does not have CPU power to do it, or because some software might need more RAM.

So this is hardware issue not a Software or OS issue, you get what you buy.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@LiveForIt

My AmigaOne XE sports a G4 at 1,26 Ghz with 1GB Ram, the X1000 has a PA6T at 1,8Ghz and 2GB Ram. No hardware issue there, the debate is elsewhere actually (see below).

@BroadBlues

I know they are advertising their product (the X1000) and that was exactly my point since I'm pretty sure that A-Eon (or whoever produces software) cannot rely only on the X1000 userbase to have a larger audience.

Well, we'll see what this package will bring with it

--
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@K-L

Assuming it IS an art package. It could be something entirely different...?

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@K-L

It might also be a new graphic card for classic Amiga, they did a sound card not long ago.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@LiveForIt

I doubt it.

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Radiance.... I don't know what it is, but I like the sound of it. If it is a new graphics application for AmigaOS, I will buy!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Well, the picture remembers this one :

http://www.pcmuseum.ca/images/AMAbrilliance2-750.jpg

So ?

--
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@K-L

I have that Brilliance poster hanging in my office! Fingers crossed for something really cool.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
It will appear on AMIStore as part of A-EON's commitment to produce new software for AmigaONE X1000 customers.

Some software will of course work on older AmigaONE machines but the software will become increasing more complex in the next year or so to take advantage of the new hardware resources on A-EON present and future systems. But if you are using a 10 year old system now, isn't it time to support Trevor's investment in the Amiga and upgrade to a new system?

amigakit.com - the Amiga store
Links: www.amigakit.com | New Products | Enhancer Software
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:
It will appear on AMIStore as part of A-EON's commitment to produce new software for AmigaONE X1000 customers.

Exaclty what I was saying.

Quote:
Some software will of course work on older AmigaONE machines but the software will become increasing more complex in the next year or so to take advantage of the new hardware resources on A-EON present and future systems. But if you are using a 10 year old system now, isn't it time to support Trevor's investment in the Amiga and upgrade to a new system?

Because of money ? Because some countries don't have the same average salary than others ? Because some people may have invested a lot of money (according to their country's average revenue) just to buy a Sam460 or an AmigaONE 500 to be able to enjoy the joy of AmigaOS 4.1 ?

Simply because of this : http://www.a-eon.com/?news=14-12-2013

I find it quite boring to read each statement from you guys that everything must turn around the X1000 and not the other systems (that you still sell by the way).

You could simply say this : "It will appear on AMIStore as part of A-EON's commitment to produce new software for AmigaOS 4.1."

So we can still see A-Eon involvement in producing sofwtare.

Or else, just say that you only aim at the few X1000 owners and you'll explain to Treveor and the whole A-Eon team why only X1000 customer buy their software and not the rest of the AmigaOS 4.x userbase (Sam440, AmigaOne XE, Sam 460, µAmigaOne, Pegasos II and even Amiga Classic users). This is the best way to lose money I think.

Everyone know that you sell the X1000 and be sure that if each of us could spend more than 3000 € to buy one, we'd do it. That is not the case. Not because we do not want to, just because we don't have the money to do so. And buying a Sam460 is, for some of us, already a big expanse.

Sorry for the off topic

--
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I for one am looking forward to see what Radiance can do even though I am one the 10 year old system owners. I can only apologise for not being able to afford a newer machine, but I try to support as much as is within my means. Of course if I win the lottery then I will invest just like Trevor has. In the meantime I can only sit and wait in grateful anticipation for the fruits of all his hard work and that of all involved with AmigaOS. long may they continue

A1XEG4 PPC 7457 1.3GHz
A-Eon X5000
CDTV!!
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
IIRC, at one point ArtEffects (my favourite Amiga graphics package) was going to be ported to AmigaOS4, but that fell through for reasons I can't remember now. Maybe Radiance is new name for a heavily rewritten ArtEffects?

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@K-L

It is great if new A-EON software runs on older systems. We are all still here because we love AmigaOS and everything the Amiga represents. We wouldn't work hard every day for long hours if we weren't passionate about this computer and the operating system.

However, A-EON is run as a business that needs to break even at best and even make a reasonable profit in order to invest in new projects in the future. We owe this to our existing customers and future customers to be a sustainable business that looks after their investment in A-EON hardware.

Progressive hardware such as the AmigaONE X1000 and future Cyrus motherboards have faster performance than older generations of AmigaONE and newer software projects will consume more system resources such as CPU time and memory through the new Memory API that Hyperion have just announced. These new projects are beneficial for the whole AmigaOS community by bringing new users and developers into the fold. Looking to the past isn't going to help us, we need to be progressive.

If more core users upgraded, then the second hand market would benefit from these 10 year old machines being offered to new users that may want to taste AmigaOS 4 but at a lower price before making a larger financial commitment for the likes of the X1000.

An X1000 maybe a big initial commitment, but if you are keeping the machine for another 10 years, it's value spread over that time is justifiable.

amigakit.com - the Amiga store
Links: www.amigakit.com | New Products | Enhancer Software
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Of course I totally agree with you. That was not my point by the way.

The point is that not everyone can buy an X1000 or the coming systems based on the Cyrus motherboard.

That is the point.

And we can thank ACube to provide mid range systems (Sam460ex based AmigaONE 500) to those who can't afford to put more than 3000€ in a new configuration.

For all the rest, like I said, I totally agree with you. But you'd better stop trying to advertise for the X1000 in each of your post since, like I already said too, if every AmigaOS 4 lover had the money they would buy it. No need to constantly put the word "AmigaONE X1000" in each of your post.

That is not that they do not want, it's only that they can not.

We have to respect, like Trevor does, each Amigan, whatever system he is using.

Regading business, evryone wants ro break even, be it A-EOn, Trevor, ACube, Relec or AmigaKit. That is not the point either here.

--
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@amigakit

Quote:

Progressive hardware such as the AmigaONE X1000 and future Cyrus motherboards have faster performance than older generations of AmigaONE and newer software projects will consume more system resources such as CPU time and memory through the new Memory API that Hyperion have just announced.

Care to share a link to that announcement?
Seems i missed that

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »