Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
112 user(s) are online (51 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 111

flash, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 30 »
Re: Mplayer Altivec test version for G4 and PA6T-1682M
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@zzd10h

No cache in MPlayer and no DMA on your PCI 33Mhz bus will cause the hicks you suffer when playing a streamed video.

@Kas1e and LiveForIt

Isn't there any way yo have only ONE single MPlayer version from both of you ?

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@K-L

Merci, as it works without problem with MickJT "cache" version it should be the lack of "cache"...

Why do you speak about PCI. If I use my RadeonHD, I should not have this bottleneck, no ?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

I am aware that its going to be much work and change it does not provide any great advantage, but anyway it be nice to make it more generic, I think. If possible.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@K-L

We are kind of waiting for access to commit changes to offical mplayer for AmigaOS at code.google.com, but we don't have that access yet, so we are working own sources for now.

I have more then once stated that I'm going to make a new repo at code.google.com if I do not get access to commit changes there.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@zzd10h
Which ethernet driver do you use?
I use the onboard beta driver. It is much faster then the RTL 8029 driver

Amiga600/Vampire2/PrismaMegaMix​/32GB CF Card/2x Rys Mk2/A604n/IndivisionECS/Gotek
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@tommysammy
Ah OK, I use the RTL8139 driver.
Thanks

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@K-L
Quote:

Isn't there any way yo have only ONE single MPlayer version from both of you ?

That will be the best, but it will take time to merge everything. We now wait when Varti will make us commiters, to avoid creating on more repo somewhere. But even after that it will take time for merge it all and it all can be huge job. But at least, drivers and general fixes of course will be merged right after we got access to.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@zzd10h : your ethernet card is on the PCI slot

@Kas1e and LiveForIt

Thanks to both of you !

--
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@LiveForIt

You should have the access now:
https://code.google.com/p/mplayer-amigaos/people/list

I ask him to add also kas1e and denill

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Well done Samo79

LiveForIt : I get a Grim Reaper after a moment when reading videos.

Here is the crashlog : http://amiga-ng.org/resources/CrashLogs/Crashlog_MPlayerP96.txt

I named it P96 but it crashes also with cgx_wpa.

--
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi, sorry to everyone for the delay, I have been away from some days. Thanks to LiveForIt for all your work on MPlayer, I have added you to the list of contributors, you can now commit all your changes to the SVN. You can host all your betas there for download as well, I think you should have permission to upload them, if not please let me know. I have sent a PM to Kas1e and Deniil too for their email address, is there anyone else who would like to be added (MickJT maybe?) ?

I have quickly read this thread (and the older one), I will read it more carefully later, for now a couple of observations:

- before committing any code made by Fab, please note that I have asked him in the past about merging hte code from Afx with his code, and make it possible to compile the MOS version out of it as well. He replied me saying that he preferred his sources to be available only from his website and not from a repository... @Fab can you please comment on this?

- the Reaction GUI stuff is unfinished and kludged into the code, instead of being implemented as a separate GUI, as you have observed. It can be anyway compiled and activated, it's minimal but it sort of works, maybe you have already seen it. I'd anyway remove it, if really needed a better Reaction GUI can be written later.

- @LiveForIt are you making modifications to the Makefile directly, so that configure shall not be used anymore to generate it? My idea was to try to make MPlayer compilable from configure, and create a bash script to make all the required changes in the Makefile and config.mak files, since: a) the problems might be due to AmigaOS' own shell, in the future a fixed shell might solve these problems, and b) to make it easier to compile MPlayer if not all the third party libraries are installed in the SDK.

- I have seen it this thread some links to some videos that have been used for benchmarking. There's a "benchmark" directory on the SVN with a first version of a test suite, I'll add the files and update the benchmarking documentation.

EDIT: As soon as we will put the latest beta on the SVN page, it will be best to open all the new issues there.

Varthall

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Varthall

Don't worry about adding me at this stage. I don't have much to contribute, nor is there much I could contribute :)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@LiveForIt
Do you plan to add the "-cache" option later (to stream on system with low network bandwith) ?

Thank you

K-L :
Right

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Varthall

Quote:
@LiveForIt are you making modifications to the Makefile directly, so that configure shall not be used anymore to generate it?

I'm updating the Makefile when I have new .o files that should be linked, add the makefile variables etc, for the config.h and config.mak files.

The I disable and enable components by manually changing the config.h and config.mak files.

Quote:
My idea was to try to make MPlayer compilable from configure, and create a bash script to make all the required changes in the Makefile and config.mak files, since: a) the problems might be due to AmigaOS' own shell, in the future a fixed shell might solve these problems

Maybe and maybe not, its just too mutch Linux stuff that has to work, to get configure script to do the right thing, there are decencies to /proc/x/y/z and we do not have any proc: volume on AmigaOS, thats a Linux thing.

I think its just easier for every if make sub directory, where you have different config.h and config.mak (and Makefile) files.

Quote:
and b) to make it easier to compile MPlayer if not all the third party libraries are installed in the SDK.

Yes it be nice to have script to check if all libs are installed, and even download the stuff automatic using wget and install it to the SDK, save you a day finding the stuff

Quote:
- I have seen it this thread some links to some videos that have been used for benchmarking. There's a "benchmark" directory on the SVN with a first version of a test suite, I'll add the files and update the benchmarking documentation.

Yes that was annoying it did take me some time downloading all this benchmark videos you know, nice if they where different branch or something.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@zzd10h

I'm shore newer versions of mplayer will find its way into the repository at some time, my main aim here is vo_comp, latter I might do other things, but right now that's my only interest more or less, beside having a really fast mplayer and AltiVec.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@K-L

Yes I have noticed I'm investigating, hemm did not know it was general problem, what are you doing when its crashing, is this when you go full screen or some thing, or is this while you play a movie.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Varthall

The direct Importation from the official MPlayer source tree still working right ?
If i remember correctly at the time this was one of the main reason for you to open a proper repository

@LiveForIt

You can have many more testers and reports recompiling a non-Altivec test version

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@LiveForIt
OK, I understand, I will still use MickJT one especially for stream videos.
Thank you

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79

Yes, I should compile a version for none AltiVec to test if they have the (same) problem.

If it effects more then one output driver, right now I'm hoping this is a buffer problem.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@LiveForIt
Quote:
beta3 out, try it and see how it works.

With this version already works fine mode composition ;) CGX_WPA is actually much faster. Even faster than the mode -vo comp.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 30 »