Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
105 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 104

Chris, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

OWB 1.16 crash
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
HI there,

maybe this is already fixed for 1.23 but today I got a GR with Odyssey 1.16 where I hit "Ignore".
After a little while OWB presented me an own error requester (will upload the screenshot soon an link it here - or can pictures also be uploaded somewhere here?).
Unfortunately I do not know by heart where to capture the mentioned crash report from (not the one from GR but the one from OWB)! After I chose the crash-button nothing else happened but OWB froze.

Might this still be an issue for next version? Hopefully not!

Bye

Go to top
Re: OWB 1.16 crash
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Reth
Reports should be as full as possible, only then (maybe) it will any of help. I mean:

Quote:

maybe this is already fixed for 1.23 but today I got a GR with Odyssey 1.16 where I hit "Ignore".

How you crashes ? Where ? What url? When ? How ? Where Crashlog ? You says GR, then it mean GreamReaper, so where stack trace and all that usual crashlog stuff ?

Quote:

After a little while OWB presented me an own error requester (will upload the screenshot soon an link it here - or can pictures also be uploaded somewhere here?).

If you got a crash (i mean real crash, with GR), and hit ignore, then you already in troubles. Possible that after you have crash just some heavy memory leaks happens , odyssey fill whole memory and bang.

As for image, i assume you have something like this ?:
http://kas1e.mikendezign.com/temp/odyssey_own_crash.jpg

Quote:

Unfortunately I do not know by heart where to capture the mentioned crash report from (not the one from GR but the one from OWB)!

Normal usuall crashlog are need it (that one, which you have firstly from system, not that one from odyssey), because all what happens after you hit "ignore" can do all sort of bad things.

Quote:

Might this still be an issue for next version? Hopefully not!

Don't hold your hopes high, it's 50/50.

If you have in stacktrace of crashlog (i mean real crashlog, first one, system one) something like "SocketStreamHandle" somewhere, then yep, probably will be fixed. If it something else, then 50/50 as well, as can be fixed by new webkit verion (from 1.16 till 1.23 few years of commits), but can be not, depend of what kind of crash you have, and what shown in the real os4 crashlog.

As for that owb crash-window, i there also do nothing, and never looks at this, probably it need some os4 adaptation as well to make all those buttons works at all in that window, dunno.

Go to top

Register To Post