Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
89 user(s) are online (48 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 88

BillE, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 72 »
Re: Odyssey 1.23 progress
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Fab
Quote:

youtube_fullscreen_fix.js is needed for two things:
- enabling overlay mode when pressing fullscreen button in Youtube's HTML5 player (the builtin one doesn't need this, it switches to overlay properly).

Maybe its me, but for me on pegasos2/morphos2.4, when i press on full-screen image in the mediplayer which i show on screenshots, it didn't works. Not with youtube_fullscreen_fix.js, not without. Its only works with another player (with that "play" button on black screen) , and works with and without fullscreen_youtube_fix.js. That on morphos.

Also volume image in that another player are reversed (the same on morphos too). I.e. it shows like sound is off, when its on, and show sounds image as on, when its off.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@tlosm

Quote:

but worst compared with smtube :P :P

You mean MPlayer, i suppose, since SMTube doesn't play any video...

Well, guess what, it's about as fast in Odyssey as in MPlayer when using overlay, for a good reason:
I mostly reused the cgx_overlay video display routine from MPlayer (adapted to Odyssey's needs), and apart from that, both MPlayer and Odyssey use ffmpeg library.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e
Quote:

Maybe its me, but for me on pegasos2/morphos2.4, when i press on full-screen image in the mediplayer which i show on screenshots, it didn't works. Not with youtube_fullscreen_fix.js, not without. Its only works with another player (with that "play" button on black screen) , and works with and without fullscreen_youtube_fix.js. That on morphos.

Also volume image in that another player are reversed (the same on morphos too). I.e. it shows like sound is off, when its on, and show sounds image as on, when its off.

Well, it's you, or you use an outdated script. And what's with this MorphOS 2.4 anyway? What about updating it, there's been 7 releases since, you know.

Regarding the volume icon, that's a way of seeing it. When sound is enabled, you can decide to either show the state or the action to perform.

The problem is Youtube mixes both concepts : when playing it shows a pause icon, when sound is enabled it shows sound enable icon and when in window mode, it shows a go to fullscreen icon. Confusion++, it's just not coherent.
In some cases it shows the action to perform (pause, fullscreen) and in others the status (sound is enabled/disabled).

In my player, i decided to be coherent instead, and i show the action to perform in audio volume case too, hence the mute icon.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

The commits from SBA aren't for 4.7.x. He did some changes for 4.2.4 in trunk and 4.5.x in branches, but the latter didn't work properly for me.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Fab
Quote:

Well, it's you, or you use an outdated script. And what's with this MorphOS 2.4 anyway? What about updating it, there's been 7 releases since, you know.

Just messed a bit it all, i am on 3.2, it should be enough imho for avoid side-effects with any moments with full-screen ? Will try later to update to latest scripts (if those from 1.23 not latest ones)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Regarding ICU

in putil.h, you should add amigaos path specificities, something like

# define U_FILE_SEP_CHAR '/'
# define U_FILE_ALT_SEP_CHAR ':'
# define U_PATH_SEP_CHAR ';'
# define U_FILE_SEP_STRING "/"
# define U_FILE_ALT_SEP_STRING ":"
# define U_PATH_SEP_STRING ";"

in putil.cpp, there's a function u_getDataDirectory(void). Above it, you should force it to really use the dir you want (since the build system seems to be somewhat broken and forgets setting what you actually pass in configure options).

#define ICU_NO_USER_DATA_OVERRIDE 1
#define U_ICU_DATA_DEFAULT_DIR "PROGDIR:Resource"
#define ICU_DATA_DIR U_ICU_DATA_DEFAULT_DIR

And finally, in udata.cpp, around line 1137, you might want to disable that code:
if (U_FILE_SEP_CHAR != U_FILE_ALT_SEP_CHAR) /* Windows: try "foo\bar" and "foo/bar" */
{
/* remap from alternate path char to the main one */
CharString altSepPath;
}

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Fab
Quote:
e ffmpeg library

But for play mkv/webm/mp4 too?

/ot
I wrote it before I test mplayer with all my machine and on os 4 and mos ... And have desynchronised audio and video when go up to 480p
The strange is I have the same performance with mplayer on mos with Efika@396mhz g2 and 9250 compared with pegasos2 1266mhz g4 and 9800pro in video playback... Can be it a decoding library problem? For sure with a g5 you will not understand because the big CPU MIPS make the difference and probably compensate the poor performance of the decoding library /ot

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@tlosm

ffmpeg is used for almost everything in mplayer (and thus smtube) and odyssey. Be it mkv, webm, mp4 or whatever you want.

Regarding your desynchronized issue, well, i asked you for a specific file that would expose that issue, because it's clearly not the case with the vast majority of files i've tested.

But if you have the same "performance" on an efika and on a pegasos2, you obviously have a very serious issue with your peg2. It's of course not a decoding issue. Maybe you have an issue with this radeon for some reason. What about trying your 9250 in your Peg2?

I don't get what you mean with your G5 reference. My main system is a pegasos2, and i have absolutely no such issue on this system. Of course a G5 will perform better and allow 1080p h264 playback, but a Peg2 will still happily play perfectly synchronized 480p contents (or even 720p/1080p for less demanding codecs).

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Fab

Ot/
okKkKk i will check better with other moovies and will make a youtube video for show exactly what i mean.
note i have more tham 600 video and the issue come with Mkv or Mp4 bigger of 1.3gb (720p and up) with 2.6gb mkv movie files, Mplayer freeze or better say load, the hard disk/usb/dvd continue read but nothing happen..(no video and no audio)
With Movie 720p Mplayer under Mos it use only 30% of the cpu but with all the movie (expecially mkv) that tested i have the desync issue.
This is the same for the AmigaOs 4 version.

I sow there are somen new decoding library probably it can help in some way...
Thake my words like a suggestion not a critic about Mplayer.

All this video working great with Ps3,Android mini Pc and RasberryPI

Ot/

Kas1e sorry for this Ot but probably can help the play of video on OWB.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@tlosm

The issue is most likely not MPlayer or its decoding library. But to be 100% sure about it, give us a link to a video file exposing this issue.

But i repeat it again, on my peg2, on my mac mini, on my powerbook, on my pmac g5, a movie will take as much CPU as it needs to be decoded (not more, not less). So if a hd movie only uses 30% of your CPU on your peg2, you HAVE a SERIOUS issue, quite specific to your hardware/software driver combination. And you're the only one to have ever reported that, ever. So, what about trying again with your radeon 9250 instead, as a test?

And no, a "new decoding library" won't help in any way, since your issue is most likely unrelated to MPlayer/ffmpeg at all...

And the fact your videos work on PS3, PC, Rasp is entirely irrelevant (especially for the machines that have accelerated hardware decoding...). I'll add one: my videos work great on my peg2, doh.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Fab
ot/
with 9000pro i have the same result but with more cpu consuming i have to downgrade the machine with 9250 128bit and at 1ghz cpu and only with 1gb of ram and without the Sblive 5.1 and with a standard hd and not a samsung ssd ... you think this will make me feel better because i have this exactly performances on the Xe 933 with Radeon 9250 and Mplayer under AmigaOs 4.1 and with a worst configuration?
ot/

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Great to see a screenshot... okay a non-video related question from me.

Question for fab and kas1e

Okay this is fairly common in all web browsers, but a bit of a pet-hate. When the user has ONLY ONE webpage open there is really no need at all to show pages as tabs - its a complete waste of space - hide it. It only makes sense to show open webpages as tabs when there is more than one open.
I remember ages ago (possibly years) seeing what I am asking for in another browser.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@tlosm

It just doesn't make *any* sense at all. But what about checking if you have framedrop option enabled? If you do, just disable it.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tlosm
Just start new thread about mplayer

@fab
Do those changes, rebuild whole icu, link against it, and the same crashes :(

It there anything else i need to do in libicu ? Like some special flag in configure line ? I build my like this:

./configure --build=i686-pc-cygwin --host=ppc-amigaos --with-cross-build=/root/icu/source/icu_os4 --disable-shared
--enable-static --disable-tests --disable-samples --disable-debug CFLAGS='-static -mlongcall' CXXFLAGS='-static -mlongcall' LIBS=-lunix

Also it is ok to link with that stubdata/libicudata.a ?

On what i can check snoopy log to see if it do what it should do or not ? All i have is those "ok" locks to the resource:icudt49b. I even try to catch only fails in snoopy, and it show nothing about icu, like all ok. Should be there just Open calls to those icu files, not only locks ?

EDIT: right, i see on morphos that first it doing locks (your checks from icufiles.cpp), and then, it really opens those files when owb starts, but for me no open calls happens at all , like icu didn't do what should do.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

you true sorry my fault...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

It's obvious snoopy reports access to the icu data files, since i explicitly check for them a startup. But what matters is if they're actually found by ICU when it looks for them. And it looks for them at runtime, when you access a page and render some text, not right at startup. So just check for snoopy when you actually access a page.
You can disable the function in icufiles.cpp for now if it makes it easier for you to understand what's going on.

And regarding build options, i used something like
./configure --disable-tests --disable-samples --host=ppc-morphos --disable-threads --disable-shared --enable-static --disable-dyload --enable-release --with-data-packaging=files

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Fab
Imho that "--with-data-packaging=files" will make sense. Will try now.

Quote:

And it looks for them at runtime, when you access a page and render some text, not right at startup. So just check for snoopy when you actually access a page.

Imho i notice opens at startup on morphos because "About:" is already some page with content

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

The tube !! \o/
Very curious to see it in action even if at the end i presume we should adapt it a bit (p96 instead of cgfx) to gain the best performance

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Fab
Still fighting with that sucking crap called libicu.

Don't you build libicudata.a yourself ? I find in your linking line you use it, but when i build with "release-files" , it didn't build for me any libicudata.a , and all what i have, is that datastub/libicudata.a of 900 bytes of size, and inside of which reference to icudt49_dat and when i link with it together with your changes, odyssey still don't open any icu files. (maybe that stub of libicudata.a are reasons that icu don't try to open any files and i need to make my own?)
@samo
Quote:

Very curious to see it in action even if at the end i presume we should adapt it a bit (p96 instead of cgfx) to gain the best performance

If you mean window mode, then there no differences to use p96 or cgx_wpa, as its all about the same in end.

On sams window mode will be always slow in any case, and only solution there will be to use full-screen overlay and replace cgx on on p96 one , which should do someone else later, with better skills (but i can point out on what need to change and co of course). As it seems cgx emulation of overlay do not works for us (at least, i can't tick to fullscreen in any of players, but that al also need invistigation, and currently i annoyed by libicu shit).

Edited by kas1e on 2014/2/4 12:40:57
Edited by kas1e on 2014/2/4 12:44:24
Edited by kas1e on 2014/2/5 7:33:03
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

I'm not sure if this will help, but I remember when trying to port libICU in Linux with a cross-compiler, only the stub data file was created. I couldn't figure out how to get it to build the full data file.

I think it wasn't detecting big endian. I ported it natively and it was fine. Even though you have the stub data built, perhaps if it's built natively the problem will go away?

I had been meaning to ask you if you managed to get libICU to build a static "full" libicudata library when cross-compiling. Your previous posts indicate you did that. Maybe it's a difference in versions. What does "-static" do?

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 72 »