Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
102 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 102

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

P-UAE port ?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Anyone tried to recompile it recently ?
The P-UAE project seems to be going very very well and more important is always in line with the latest WinUAE's changes

Might be the moment now that we have also an usable JIT support

https://github.com/GnoStiC/PUAE

Go to top
Re: P-UAE port ?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
It wasn't that long ago that I looked at it. None of the amiga specific code has been kept up to date. That includes:

GUI elements such lctrl+lalt+F1 opening a file requester to insert a disk. AREXX interface is included in this. So, there is no way to swap disks.

scsi.device emulation that works on OS4. No hardfile support without this. I'm not sure you can even use directories.

native graphics output (amigfx). This means SDL output only.

Direct AHI sound output. This means only AHI via SDL sound output.

I ported it once. But it's slow (SDL), no way to swap disks, and no hardfiles. If someone would update the Amiga specific code, then it could be rather good.

There's also FS-UAE and UAE4ALL. I couldn't port the former, and the latter I ported a long time ago but it had lots of issues. There's a port of that on OS4Depot (not by me).

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MickJT

can't get uae to compile, any tricks?

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MickJT

Indeed you right, recompile it as is of course can't be enough for an usable release, maybe for start one can try to backport step by step all the Amiga specific of the current 0.8.29 WIP4 implementation.. but i presume it will be not so easy as it seems...

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@LiveForIt

It was about a year ago that I looked at it. I remember having to use --disable-ui I think, and fix some other errors. You need to enable every SDL option, --with-sdl --with-sdl-sound --with-sdl-gfx, and might need to disable autoconfig and scsi-device. I'll send you a PM with my e-mail address and you can e-mail me any error messages.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
try fs-uae instead. the author frequents english amiga board and will answer questions and help out i bet.

Go to top

Register To Post