Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
120 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 119

nbache, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
MUI4 for OS4 released !
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Check AmiUpdate

Go to top
Re: MUI4 for OS4 released !
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Thank You AmiUpdate!

\o/....X1000....\o/
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Come on Roman now you can release too

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Nice work os4 team.

X5000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Thanks for the update :)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Wonderful !

There is a SDK included ?
(not at home to test)

Thank you Thore.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@zzd10h

Yes, there is !

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@samo79
Thank you for the information ;)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Look the Kas1e gift in OS4Depot upload queue !

Thank you Roman

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@zzd10h

Already newsed
http://amiga.ikirsector.it/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=18165

Later i will send you the files you need

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All
Don't miss such heavy update. Its not just "update", its just in today amiga realms pretty cool to have such big stuff released. Its almost like to have new workbench after 10 years :)

Just try to dig in the settings, it will be big surprise in compare with 3.9, you will find every day something new just in settings with ticking only one options somewhere accidentally.

There is a lot of new features: no more limitations of any kind, you can setup anything you want and as you want. All the old mui apps will have new look just by touching global mui settings (not looks like ancient stuff from past anymore, but just as we want it to looks like today).

You even can use all the morhos's mui themes which was released in last 8 years on aminet/morphzone (just with some minimal changes).

Its just:

Resized Image

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Thank you very much Thore and Roman, very very good, high quality, clean and amazing work ! Bravi !

Sam 460EX, 2Gb Ram, Radeon R7 250, AmigaOS4.1 FE
A4000 PPC604@233, Mediator
A1200 PPC603@160, Mediator
uA1 G3@800, 512 Mb [sold]
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

MUI4 leaves me somewhat concerned - my initial testing to change various GUI elements has shown-up various bugs and things that do not work correctly (I have an XE). Oh, I've had a couple of system crashes aswell.
Sure, I'm all for having the ability to configure the GUI how you want it. However, the question I would ask; Is MUI becoming a configuration monster? I mean there's stuff in there that is completely superfluous and pointless. Sorry, but more and more stuff seems to have been thrown in and MUI has become way over the top in my opinion.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Lemen

I hardly ever touch the MUI settings, but even then it's nice to know the flexibility has increased. This gives programmers a larger toolbox (as well as a closer compatibility with MorphOS' MUI4, making ports more likely), and people who love that sort of thing can build nicer themes (which I can then try out if I want).

The few things I ever do change myself are still as easy to find as before.

Apart from that, the new MUI is not only a larger set of controls in the configs, it contains a massive amount of bugfixes, improvements and optimizations over the older 3.9. This alone makes it worthwhile.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Lemen
Quote:

my initial testing to change various GUI elements has shown-up various bugs and things that do not work correctly

Which things do not works correctly ? Plz, throw them there, if it indeed the case, Thore for sure will be them all. I for myself test it pretty much (not everything of course, but what i need for myself), and it was ok everywhere.

The same for varius bugs: plz post there step-by-step guides and crashlogs. Or if it rendering bugs: then step-by-step anyway. Maybe in end of all its not bugs, but intendent, just you still too much "over mui3.9".

Quote:

However, the question I would ask; Is MUI becoming a configuration monster?

MUI was configuration monster in 3.x days, with all that ugly ways to setup images, limitations, and all the parts of everything messed in one or another way. With mui4 you have it all much more logical: text is text, groups is groups, list is lists, images is images. Everything have containters and bodyes, where you can setup frames and/or backgrounds, each of which have their set of settings. Of course its different in compare with mui3.9, and its good !

Quote:

I mean there's stuff in there that is completely superfluous and pointless.

For who ? For you ? Maybe. For designers ? Nope. For advanced users ? Nope. For those who want to setup their mui apps to be looks as they wish ? Nope. For those who want something new and fresh on os4 ? Nope. And sure, some users do not want anything new at all, they just like what they have, and every single new change (even if it good for most of) will found ppls who will complain. I imagine what will happens if there will be ever new workbench, or something like this. Bunch of amiga proffesionals who will says how hard it now to use and old workbench was so cool and how everything bad and wrong :)

Quote:

Sorry, but more and more stuff seems to have been thrown in and MUI has become way over the top in my opinion.

You feel free to not use it , but soon or later you will realise how good is it. Its usuall stuff for ppls who have massive updates one time in years: first impression of all kind, then understanding and then enjoing.

It may have bugs (of course), but currently none reported (you say you found various, report them plz).

Anyway, pplz spend 3 years on this of everyday works and bughunting, and you can just easy says it like "well, i trying to setup it, its configuration monster, sorry , it suck!". I do not know, in today realms when there is no developers, have something like this its just fat surprise!

And, as nbache says, you do not need to setup it at all if you do not want. There is work on better default theme is going on, so in end of all you even can not run mui prefs at all ever. You even now can not run it, its all mostly for ppls who want to have something fresh and interesting.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Great news, made a 50 dollar donation

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
btw, do we still need the OS3.x registration key?

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@328gts
Nope

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

MUI4, bug or feature ?

I drowe myself to strange problems.

My WB was 1920x1080

Odyssey was 1920x1200 and in MUI Odyssey was "like a workbench"

Amigish way, screen was 1920x1080 and content 1920x1200, autoscrolling enabled.

I got couple of problems.

With multiple screens open, and one screen dragged approx halfway, screen content were bit messed and displayed twice.

Resizing of odyssey window was really jerky.

Didnt remember window size after exit.

After I changed: WB to 1920x1200, ticked like workbench away from mui, picked 1920x1200 to resolution and adjusted odyssey screen from prefs/screens to behave like a workbench, everything seems to be ok so far.

First it looked like buggy as hell, but after this little tweaking it is fine :)

System is peg2/radeon 9250 256mb/ 1 gig mem etc.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Do you now have to register MUI4 to make full use of it ?. Last week before the update yesterday I could change things in MUI settings but since the update they are greyed out and its saying I'm running an unregistered version.

I could have sworn that message wasnt there in the Info window after updating to version 4.

Has something changed or have I got a problem on my install ?.

AmigaOne X5000
Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »