Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
114 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 114

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 10 »
Re: AmigaOS and web browsing in 2013
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Thematic

Yep mate mtube do the downloading of the selected video,
FFmpeg encoding the video
and mplayer play the video all in real time

Go to top
Anonymous
@trixie

>Pal, either you've been smoking something real good, or the >pills your shrink gave you last time have some side-effects >:)

I don`t take pills, and good smoking stuff doesnt have bad side effects.

Anyhow, talk to you one day when TW is released and likely payable one while we still use our free beta 4. Looks like that from now.

Meanwhile, Steven sais its a bad idea to donate to OWB open sourcing and that instead we should support those who care for OS4. How do we see care in development of a decent browser and how to help it?

Go to top
Anonymous
@ChrisH4

>(This must have been written between 18-Jan-2013 & >6-Feb-2013, as that was when 18.0.1 was the "latest build".)

>I thought I remembered hearing something, but I failed to >find anything using Google.

That should be the master idea, but it gives no details will 4.0 ever be completed (as it is beta) and when porting TW18 will begin.

I believe Steven said that he will build up an team at Amiwest to speed up TW development, but Hyperion blog status bears no mention of TW. After all, its not a Hyperion official project, so its no ones responsibility (I just heppen to love that idea of ping-ponging with responsibility to end users - its Serbian administration style)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@fab
Bszili point on good moment: what about that upcoming ppc jit for js ? it based on some opensource work, but will it open after it will inbuild in odyssey, or as in case with TW specific changes will be closed ?

@chris
i even port libcurl without single amiga specific code (ie pure like configure make like for linux + pthreads : the same crashes.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@tlosm
OFF TOPIC

Thank you for your support Luigi but smtube port is a very very simple port compared to what is discussed here,

It's just a port of a YouTube Qt frontend who use MPLayer to play video, nothing more.

But yes, for me it's very useful (and sufficient) to watch youtube video

/OFF TOPIC

@kas1e
I compiled too the very last version of libcurl, same problem...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@vox Quote:
I believe Steven said that he will build up an team at Amiwest to speed up TW development

Did he? I didn't read any (even unofficial) mention of that.

@kas1e
I think it's a bit too much asking Fab to do the porting of Odyssey to AmigaOS4. IMHO should be enough if he:
(1) Provides all source code (except where other people's permissions would be required & cannot be obtained).
(2) Commit to provide any source code changes for future versions (excluding any major new features).
(3) I also think it'd make sense to have MOS+OS4(+AROS) #ifdefs in the same files, to minimise porting newer versions... but if you can work out how to do it like Fab says so that this isn't required, then even better.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ChrisH

yes have the source will be useful for include new webkit and implementation / fix for future release and debugging :)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@chrish
for me ifdefs are -much- better. i never like all those diff based patches: code always changed, offsets changes, strings changes and all those patches always need rework, and they almost all the time didnt works out of box for new and changed code. while with ifdefs i do it one single time and no more work from me need it, fab just works on his code as before, just didnt broke ifdefs.

@fab
doesnt you mind if we will put all on SF and all will be easy for everyone: to fix os specific bugs, etc. just then not only i can worry about os4 port but anyone else. at least if you do not want to worry about SF with mos version, what if we will put os4-aros version, and manually will updated it ourselfs once we will recieve new version from you ? i just want to reduce all that mess and have more ppls to work on the same code (just like with dopus5). then there we will use ifdefs and co.

also necessary moment which i forget: how html5 player done ? pure cgx with cgx5 only extensions which p96 didnt have ? i mean, it will requre rewrite or pure recompile will works fine ?

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ChrisH

Quote:

by ChrisH on 2013/10/27 21:34:55

@vox Quote:
I believe Steven said that he will build up an team at Amiwest to speed up TW development

Yes Ssolie did mention it in a thread and also refers to the said group of programers with invitation to apply to join the group by application to be included in the team in this thread - Ssolie's post #28

Go to top
Anonymous
@Fairdinkem

http://www.amigans.net/modules/xforum ... t_id=82596#forumpost82596

In fact he said its a closed group and who wishes to join it can contact him.

We`ll see will it bring any progress. However, it remains unclear will TW4 be finalized or not.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@vox

/me confused....

http://www.amigans.net/modules/xforum ... t_id=83755#forumpost83755

What happened to departing and leaving amigans free of
whining for a year?

:/

PJS

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@pjs

Technically that's only about 2 months. He said see you in 2014 and didn't specify a month. :P

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@ChrisH
Quote:

Yeah, I did mention we are putting together a team to work on Timberwolf rather quietly. I haven't yet "launched" the project because I was busy getting ready for AmiWest at the time.

I want to make sure everything is setup properly and I can build/modify the code base in the repository by myself before involving a whole bunch of people.

When in doubt, I do have an email address...

ExecSG Team Lead
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Thanks SSolie!! ^_^

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ssolie

Wow :)

Go to top
Anonymous
@pjs

I am living thanks, just wanted to signal I wish TW4 to be done by time I am back. Just a wish! And willingness to donate money if needed.

>When in doubt, I do have an email address...

I do to, but I give clear info to my clients (students) what is going on.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@nubechecorre
Quote:
Thanks SSolie!! ^_^

You are most welcome.

Once I have things moving I'll post more information of course. I'm just happy to be able to facilitate things.

ExecSG Team Lead
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Fab @BSzili

I swapped my video card before was a Radeon 9000pro now is a 9250 128bit...
and now the video in owb works with overlay. but i can only have a small quality video look like 240p, but good and smooth play :)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ssolie

As usual i will glad to help you if you need another betatester
Can we continue to use the old bugtracker ?

http://bugs.os4depot.net/?function=viewsoftware&softwareid=19

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@tlosm

Overlay is also supported on Radeon 9000 pro (overlay is implemented for all supported radeon models).

Anyway, maybe your particular video only gives 240p, but the default resolution is 360p h264, and you can also choose higher resolutions and format if you need.

@kas1e

The player is mostly generic and doesn't have any particular requirements, except for the overlay mode that uses a couple "cgx5" extensions. But in fact, the main requirement there is to be able to attach a video layer at given coordinates in the window (its area is the webview, not the whole window). But anyway, if it can't be done, a real fullscreen mode could also be implemented instead. That's just minor implementation details.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 10 »