Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
97 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 97

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 10 »
Re: AmigaOS and web browsing in 2013
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@zzd10h

I will be interested to see if a port of the latest Qt will be done so we can have the most up to date ports of Qt based software. QtWeb is interesting I hope the latest version is faster and more optimised with a full internet experience?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@smf

Quote:

I have started to suspect that the sources might be stolen and can't be shared because of that and i wouldn't mind to be proved wrong on that.

Er, i beg your pardon? First this is very rude, and then, where and to whom could i have stolen mediaplayer sources for a web browser running on MorphOS, exactly? Stealing myself In a parallel universe where i would already have written it? Or in the future, maybe? Be serious please.

Just FYI there's no other implementation of a working HTML5 audio/video player on any amigaos-like, except for TimberWolf (if one can call that working, of course, because watching 1fps videos isn't very enjoyable IMO).

The media players implementations in the other main browsers are either already opensource:
- Firefox (unusable crap).
- Chrome (relies heavily on Chrome framework). Faster to rewrite your own player.
- gstreamer for webkit gtk (way too bloated). Ditto.

or closed:
- apple quicktime framework for webkit mac build
- windows media thing for webkit win build

So as you can see, there's really nothing to "steal"...

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
Any further discussion about "stealing" in this thread will be moderated.

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@smf

We should really accept the fact that someone does not want to share their own work. Or that he/she requires an adequate amount of money for it. There is no conspiracy in that, really. Fab is an excellent programmer whose work gives MorphOS tremendous value and competitive edge: he would be plain crazy if he just gave that all away for nothing.

Edited by orgin on 2013/10/8 14:49:54
The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@broadblues

I dont know mate i continue have dsi i did the assign that you suggested and i raised the stack but nothing ...

on my 460 timberwolf run and is pretty faster but i think on pegasos will be better but i dont understand why it crash ...

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@tlosm

the problem about Timberwolf is not the money. The problem is that the work is not finished.. The Friedens should finish what they started... that's all..

Timberwolf is lighter that OWB or QT Web, I remembered how the first old beta worked faster than the actual one and that version rendered the page more times due to the fact it has debug and more things..

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@trixie

umm yes fab is the exta value of the mos team... like Mark and Frank and daddy Ralph (all genius), but i continue prefer Amiga OS 4
I left the scene for 10 years and with OS4.1 i found the AmigaOS that i know.
Morphos for me is totally another thing like MacOsX,Linux ecc. it is good , it work but i have the feeling it is another thing compared with amiga os that i enjoyed in the past ages
i have it register it is working and fab programs run extremly fast like Mark porting too.
But i Love AmigaOs4 sorry guys im a puritan and a nostalgic :P

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@nubechecorre

who speak about money?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I really hope the new development team achieve quick results for Timberwolf.

Go to top
Anonymous
@Fairdinkem

I really hope team will fix some TW4 bugs so we can use it as its best of what we have now.

In long term, it would be great thing to have FF20+ ported - completely new Timberwolf. Computer without good browser is like woman with no tits, or tits with no woman

Go to top
Anonymous
@Fab

Raise a bounty with about 5k euros, and i'll consider opening html media support. :)

Please open an official bounty and I ll donate 20 euros per month. Find 50 such personas and you will have it in 3 months. If it can be ported to AROS too.

Go to top
Anonymous
@kas1e

So if you ask me, its all unrealistic, and better collect 5k for fab. That for sure more realistic and more faster way to have html5 working in odyssey in os4.

Or, again, find out someone who will wrote html5 media player from scratch. If we still have anyone with free time and ability to do so (i doubt). For any real work from real coders, there should be some cash involved. With labor of love there only ports and all those simple apps can be done (with few exceptions, of course).

Yes, no one can say when we will have full TW or OS 4.2. How much that additional work, if possible for AROS too, so AROS folk could do it and it could be hosted on POwer2People (like pretty sucessful Dopus one) and most important, would you do it? If money is collected in 3 months, how much time do you think it will take to port it to OS4 and then to AROS?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@all

Excuse me with a simple question,

why html5 support is too much vital ?

Just to watch YouTube videos ?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@zzd10h

It's a matter of preference. Personally I never knew why a browser should have any animation or video.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@zzd10h
Quote:

Just to watch YouTube videos ?

Of course not, but youtube is too, as well. Bunch of sites now use html5 in all of their parts. While Flash was kind of sucky idea and we can skip it right now and never worry anymore about, html5 is good and will be used everywhere soon or later. Skipping that mean have half-working browsers. For newbes its very important thing, too.

@Thematic
Quote:

Personally I never knew why a browser should have any animation or video.

:) Or what is better: i never knew why we need anything more than just assembler, notepad and shell. Or a car, while we have a legs :)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

When Alfkil will release Qt5 we will have many html5 browsers 8)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tlosm

We all hope so, but it needs time..
For now into 4.7.0 bugfixing .. then we will see

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tlosm
Quote:

When Alfkil will release Qt5 we will have many html5 browsers 8)

It will need a lot of testing and work from Alfkil to make html5 media plaing works fast and good, with usage of all that compositing and all possible speed ups to make it works fast enough. Its not so easy )

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e
@samo

I know, but amigans usually made miracles, Alfkil alone do really a great huge job 8)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@tlosm

Quote:
amigans usually made miracles

More precisely: amigans usually spoke of miracles

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 10 »