Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
143 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 141

FlynnTheAvatar, walkero, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

grab a screenshot with overlay data in mplayer
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All
It is possible with Sgrab or with ami-printscreen make screenshots with data inside of mplayer when its in overlay mode ? I just have now in fkey set for print screen button "sys:utilities/sgrab/sgrab jpg ram:screen.jpg", and that way i can't grab video data when mplayer in overlay mode.

I can of course do it without overlay, but as i have it and use all the time when watch vids, will be cool to deal exactly with overlay.

Any hints ?

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Re: grab a screenshot with overlay data in mplayer
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

No, it isn't possible. As the name suggests, the overlay is a bitmap that is "overlaid" on top of the screen. This is done by the graphics card as it's outputting the screen to the monitor. Hence, it isn't part of the screen bitmap, and won't be there when you take a screenshot. This is also why overlay doesn't play nice with composited windows.

If you had an external device that captured the graphics card output (i.e., a framegrabber), then you would be able to capture the overlay too.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
As Hans said it can't be done.

But ... SGrab has an arexx interface and so does mplayer IIRC so write arex scriptlet to grab the screen with SGrab and the frame mplayer is playing and composite the two images togther in your favourite art package.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I wonder if there's such a command in the ARexx interface. When you press the capture key, mplayer (MUI) spouts "sending VFCTRL_SCREENSHOT!" but that is no ARexx command.

Go to top

Register To Post