Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
106 user(s) are online (49 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 106

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 13 »
Re: First native betas of dopus5, check this out !
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@simon
cant find your sf account , can you pm me plz it ?

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
I've sent you a message via SF, that should give you all the details you need.

Simon

Comments made in any post are personal opinion, and are in no-way representative of any commercial entity unless specifically stated as such.
----
http://codebench.co.uk
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Simon
Added !

I also send you link on wiki page, but it seems can be broken characters, so there is link:

if one want to join to project

We also tracked all the bugs and todos in the Tickets. Currently only bugs mostly, but hope today add all the todos there (for now they in forum's thread)

There is some os4 specific issues currently, like ticket 13, ticket 11, ticket 10, ticket 8

As well as we discuss all the stuff on our source-forge forum

Welcome :)

@all

Also any of you who want to join read plz if one want to join to project

Edited by kas1e on 2013/9/23 6:42:08
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all
New beta user-archive on the same place as before.

Changes in terms of default settings:

-- default size of listers contain whole toolbar
-- ftp://ftp.modland.com to default list of ftp servs and small fix for make eab and back2roots ftps works
-- default user menu with necessary to use options (ftp ones, archive ones, etc)
-- some clean up (removed some old-unused buttons-defaults)
-- severin's xad filetype for common archives (7z, rar, zip, lha, lzx, xz and co) instead of just lha and lzx

Code changes:

-- getting rid of inovamusic usage for os4/aros, and keept it only for os3/mos (and in play.module, and in library/filetype.c). So for example on os4 even if you have installed such a library, no crash anymore.

-- xenic totally fix and rewrite play.module. Now it uses only datatypes, as well as logic of module now normal one: when there 1 file to play, then just "abort" button in the middle, when there more than one file to play, then "next" and "abort" buttons present (originally there always was "next/abort", even if there nothing for next).

-- bszili add internal code to do what old parent.module and some other script do: i.e. originally in dopus5 you cant just go to the device list via parent/root commands, so you should press separate button for device list, which is suck and too-old, and it proved that it should go till devicelist. So, now it is, no modules needs for. To add, its even much better now in compare with how all those modules work before : they only path root/parent commands, but BSzili also add necessary fixes and when you press "/" button and when you dbl-click on left side on lister. In other words, all rootparent and kind patches/modules/hacks can be forgotten now for sure.

-- fix in xadmodule which was uploaded before as separate module (so XADExtract no crashes anymore). Now all in beta-archive as well.

Enjoy and report all stuff

Edited by kas1e on 2013/9/23 11:43:01
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Great work team! The development is quite rapid now! <3

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@spot
As for different defaults for each platform : i for now will buy server for nightly builds, and when everything will be sorted with scripts and stuff, and all will automatically packs releases, etc, then maybe there will be more or less easy to make different settings for each os. But that to be seen if it will make no probs for us in end

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Just a reminder about the set show command, It only allocates a 40 byte buffer, even something simple like filtering archives with set show *.(7z|gz|lha*|lzx|pgp|rar|zip) requires 62, I suggest it's bumped up to at least 1024 bytes, preferably 4096 if you're going to filter by the filename not the extension.

More info for you... Looks like the ftp module is trying to get the parent drawer of an assign causing it to fail as there isn't one...

Snoopy says:

00003 : dopus_ftp_address_book : o.k. = Lock("DOpus5:System/ftp_sites",SHARED) [125827uS]
00004 : dopus_ftp_address_book : o.k. = Examine("ftp_sites") [5uS]
00005 : dopus_ftp_address_book : DIR = ParentDir("DOpus5:System/ftp_sites") [11uS]
00006 : dopus_ftp_address_book : o.k. = CreateNewProc("dopus_requester_proc") [148uS]

Step 5 is the problem.

Edited by Severin on 2013/9/23 22:07:30
Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Severin
check pm plz

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I downloaded it, unpacked and ran it, it works very well.

Thank you for your work!

Alien Air Attack

SAM440@733 mhz as main amiga.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:

Just a reminder about the set show command, It only allocates a 40 byte buffer, even something simple like filtering archives with set show *.(7z|gz|lha*|lzx|pgp|rar|zip) requires 62, I suggest it's bumped up to at least 1024 bytes, preferably 4096 if you're going to filter by the filename not the extension.

Instead of trying to find a buffer size that fits all use cases (and wasting memory in the process) it might be better to calculate the better size needed based on the source pattern string and allocate a buffer of exactly this size.

According to the autodocs for ParsePattern()/ParsePatternNoCase() the formula for this is:
min_buffer_size = (strlen(source_pattern) + 1) * 2 + 2;

I've used it in many of the programs and never had any problems with it.

Edit:
I added a "+ 1" to the strlen() to account for the null-terminator in the source string. This might not be necessary but the autodoc text isn't exactly clear on this (in any case it's just 2 measly bytes wasted if so).

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Salas00

Maybe you will in interest if i will add you to SVN as well, so you can fix it yourself ? Will be pretty handly to have you join even for few bug-fixes :)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all
New beta user-archive on the same place as before.

Changes in terms of default settings:

-- now same settings used and when you run it on workbench, and when you run it in wb-replacement mode.
-- add "join" to lister's user commands (that one which spawn when you press on that arrow thingy at the top-right of lister window).
-- put "dowbstartup" thingy done by Simon in wbstartup (as os4 didn't have wbstartup driver anymore, it automatically will start all you have in startup when you in wb-replacement mode). Use that C/LoadDB thing as back in time (or just put it instead of loadwb to s-s, or save old loadwb as loadwb_old, and rename/copy loaddb to loadwb. So it will by default boot dopus5, but if you will hold shift you will be able to boot into wb as before).
-- hotkeys: delete all of old-unused ones, only keep basic like ram:, sys: and work:
-- add keys to lister-toolbar: f3 for read, f4 for edit, f5 for copy, f6 for move, f7 direcotry create, f8 delete.
-- delete old-ugly environment settings files which make no sense anymore.

from code side:

-- fixed crash in join.module reported by Severin
-- Xenic working on versioning more and more (prepare all for nightly builds). Now almost all the parts have correct versioning, but work still in progress to finish it all.
-- Simon do a lot in terms of wb-replacement mode. We do patch some more functions, so now you will be able to have it as real workbench replacement (yeah! who can imagine before?)
-- Simon also add new option for wb-replacement mode (check Setting/Environmnet/Wb-Emulation/ for scanning of left out icons). I.e. if you have in your workbench desktop some icons left out (so they in .backdrop files), then when such option is enabled, dopus5 will use those files and you will have your leftout-by-wb icons on dopus5 screen as well). Still WIP too.
-- Ported LoadWB binary to os3/os4 as well (included too).
-- A lot of cleanup.

Enjoy !

Resized Image

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
is this also for OS3 or only OS4? If it is for OS3 I would test it too

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Than one with os4 bins only for os4 testers. If you want to test os3 one, then there is latest os3 one (i.e. the same svn of modules, library, binary and co) if you willing to test it:

http://dopus5.org

But in general everyone better to wait till nightly builds, where every build for every os will builds every day, so anyone can test ones on os of their choice and report bugs directly on sf.

ps. still have no answer about inovamusic.library from gpsoft ?

Edited by kas1e on 2013/10/11 10:08:00
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e & rigo

Quote:
-- put "dowbstartup" thingy done by Simon in wbstartup (as os4 didn't have wbstartup driver anymore, it automatically will start all you have in startup when you in wb-replacement mode). Use that C/LoadDB thing as back in time (or just put it instead of loadwb to s-s, or save old loadwb as loadwb_old, and rename/copy loaddb to loadwb. So it will by default boot dopus5, but if you will hold shift you will be able to boot into wb as before).

Will holding the shift key cause problems with wbstartup as it's the key to stop it running anything?

Amiga user since 1985

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
no answer

and thanks of course

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Ok, now running in WBreplacement mode and it's very nice :)

The simplest way to do it is:

Edit s:startup-sequence, comment out loadwb and add sys:dopus5/c/loaddb (adjust the path as required).

Create a WBStartup drawer in sys: and copy DoWBStartup into it.

If you alread have a custom default environment file delete environment/workbench and duplicate default as workbench.

Reboot and enjoy.

Now the only thing we need is large partition/file support to get the right used/free figures in lister tittlebars. eg. my downloads partition is reported as:

Downloads, 2.5G free, 3.9G in use, 1,695% full

Copying/moveing files over 1gb gives no progress bar.
Getsizes, checkfit etc. all need this.

Amiga user since 1985

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Dont now if its normal behaviour.
When change the palette the display is not refreshed direct.
You must close the dialog and open it again to see the new color.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@severin
with loadwb you miss tasty thing : if you will rename current sys: c/loadwb (i.e system one which start wb) to sys:c/loadwb_old and copy dopus5s c/loaddb to sys:c/loadwb, then you will be able to choice what boot. ie if you hold nothing, then dopus5 loads. but if you hold shift, then you can boot to wb. its legacy/original loaddb code done like this.

problem there is that yes, loading to wb by holding shift will also threars as aos thing to disable startup. it was like this since 1990. why dopus5 authors choice shift key for choice of boot i can only guess.. we think about replace that keycombo on somethink else,so it will not inherit with aos shift thing. but maybe we miss something and shift was choicen for reasson ?

its still nice to choice to what desktop boot just by holding one single key. just seems shift was bad choice from begining. or i miss something?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Maybe change it to the alt key for ALTernative dsktop?

Amiga user since 1985

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 13 »