Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
139 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 139

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 14 15 16 (17)
Re: Opus Magellan source is free now!
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Shouldn't the program ReplyMsg() each message it receives from GetMsg() and only then delete the port? Something like this:

// Close message port

if (data->audio_port)
    { 

struct Message *msg;

// Flush all messages

while ( (msg=GetMsg(data->audio_port)) )
         {

ReplyMsg(msg);
         }

DeleteMsgPort(data->audio_port);

data->audio_port NULL;  // this is a pointer so use NULL, not 0!

}

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:
anyone can just grab latest svn from branch_v1, build if for yourself and use already with no problems.

Great work Roman, however, I can't seem to build it using my OS X cross-compiler setup, I get a link error:

ppc-amigaos/bin/ldcannot find -lamiga

I'm assuming I'm missing a link library here in my setup, but everything else compiles fine. Does it compile with newlib or with clib?

Again, thanks for your work on this!

BTW, I think Trixie is correct, you should reply to all messages.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Yes but you should also prevent new messages from being sent to message port, if you want to prevent any memory leak.

And this normally done whit forbid() and permit(), not really SMP friendly but no alternative to it.

AmigaOS really need a MUTEX based message port system of some sort, to replace the old not so SMP friendly way.

Or maybe something can be done, by adding some kind of status flag into message port, so that this port is not ready to receive messages, but then SendMsg need to be updated so that it might fail or have to wait for it to become ready again.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Trixie,Slash
Yeah, exactly what i think when i found it, check latest post there: https://sourceforge.net/p/dopus5allami ... sion/dev/thread/7ca8bb4f/

@Slash
Quote:

I'm assuming I'm missing a link library here in my setup, but everything else compiles fine. Does it compile with newlib or with clib?

All newlib based, only filetype.module are clib2 based (there was just some moments about using of malloc/free in different process in newlib, so we just go for clib2 which deal with by some luck, and that todo to fix to be all on newlib).

As for -lamiga, its indeed link lib from clib2 (one from SDK53.20), and while we know mixing suck, we still use it (maybe better to get rid of it as well later). We also use -ldebug in some places if i remember right, which also one from clib2 (i read back in past when utilitybase.com was alive, that its ok to newlib code with -ldebug from clib2).

@All
I for now prepare user-archives for first beta test of all native stuff. If not today, then tomorrow should be ready

Edited by kas1e on 2013/9/18 12:18:59
Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Great Roman! I look forward to try it and test it! :)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Great!!!

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 14 15 16 (17)