Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
110 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 110

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Anonymous
Is Xorro worth, does Prism2 card works on X1000?
While waiting on my X1000 order list (finally, bite the bullet!) saw a Prism Wi Fi card onn Amikit

Wireless Prism PCI card that solves Net access
http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/c ... _info.php?products_id=158

I do undestand both X1000 PCI slots are occupied by sound and net card.
As far as onboard sound driver grows mature, sound card in PCI slot might not be needed.
I think of when my order day comes to replace the sound card with Wi-Fi

a) which sound card comes with X1000 in PCI slot?
b) There are just two PCI slots, both occupied?
c) Has anyone ever tested Prism card on X1000?

Is Xorro project board worth of ~50e?

Xorro project board
http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/c ... info.php?products_id=1135

This should give possibility to use XMOS, and expand later, if I understand well.
Its required to develop for XMOS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5LLqe62_J8

Not an experienced programmer, but interested to know what know what are possible benefits and uses of Xorro card

Go to top
Re: Is Xorro worth, does Prism2 card works on X1000?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I'm not certain, but i think that the soundcard will not be sent with new machines. Since sound output is working.
On the other questions i don't know.
I guestt if the wifi works on other Amigaos machines it should work on the X aswell.

X5000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Vox:

I'm using a prismII card on my AmigaOne X1000 since the beginning of betatesting.

Don't know which sound and network cards do the customer X1000's ships since i used old ones from my pegasos II on my board.

By the time you receive your X1000 it may be well shipped without a sound card. :)

The Xorro Addon card is only useful if you do plan to interface external hardware with the X1000, you can always toy and develop for the internal XMOS without the need of this card.

if Sound card and network card are shipped, then you're right, both PCI slots will be occupied, but you can always swap the wired network card with the prism2/Atheros PCI card to suit your network infrastructure.

EDIT: Maybe you're better with Atheros card, with the recently released drivers from Neil Cafferkey?

Go to top
Anonymous
Quote:
EDIT: Maybe you're better with Atheros card, with the recently released drivers from Neil Cafferkey?

Thanks for the tips, dropped the Xorro card.

Well, Atheros are newer but AmiKit does not sell them.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Some people are using pci to pcie adaptors and running their network card in a pcie slot iirc, that would free a pci slot for maybe a R9250 so you can get 3D support.

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Anonymous

Thanks Severin, but PCI to PCI-E x1 card is not offered by AmigaKit. Would love to see Altheros Wi-Fi offered, but I ll just swap PCI net card for PCI WiFi card, since I do have Wi Fi net at home.

I have a spare Radeon 9250 just in case, but I do really hope RadeonHD 3D will done by time I get my X1000. Really.

At the other hand, if its done well and X1000 sound becomes operational, I will have a spare SATA controller card, Radeon 9250 PCI and Sound Blaster 5.1 with EMU101 for exchange for AmigaWritter, PageStream or ArtEFfect licences (or any other worthy software that can work under OS 4.1)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@vox
If you don't wan't to use up a slot, you can use a Netgear universal WiFi adapter like the WNCE2001. It plugs into the ethernet port and can be powered from a USB port (X1000 has lots of them) so it will power up when the computer is turned on. If the WiFi channels are crowded in your neighborhood then there is the dual-band WNCE3001 which provides more WiFi channels. I've used both on my X1000.

Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

Go to top
Anonymous

Its relatively expensive solution, but yet so good. At this time I don`t mind PCI card, but yet if I do need it one day, thats a great solution
http://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-WNCE200 ... net-Adapter/dp/B003KPBRRW

Go to top
Anonymous
Since I will be first time AmigaKit customer, I am justed interested in general info by any past cutsomer: are prices initially shown on AmigaKit website including VAT (and how much - what is UK or general EU VAT rate?).

Major point is that I am out of EU, so I will have to be excluded on VAT when shipping, and pay it again alongside custom fees on import. But I do need to know do I calculate near 3 000 euros price+shippment+import costs or 3000 euros-VAT + shippment+import costs. In this case it can make up to 600 euros difference. Thanks.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:
c) Has anyone ever tested Prism card on X1000?

I am using one now on my X1000 to post this reply. It works flawlessly.

Go to top
Anonymous
Thanks.

Sorted out the VAT thing, these enormous prices are even without VAT, poor me, I will be in debt to bank for few years

Go to top

Register To Post