Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
89 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 87

pvanni, sailor, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

uninstalling Siamese Systems
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I installed Siamese on an A1200 which I connected to my office PC via a serial connection. One day I disconnected my A1200 and brought it home. I know I should know the answer to this, but I can't figure out how to get my A1200 to show up on a 1084.

If anyone has the answer at his/her fingertips I would appreciate being led out of the woods.

Go to top
Re: uninstalling Siamese Systems
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I don't know anything about Siames systems, but I guess you have monitor driver in sys:devs/monitors you need to remove, and maybe you have some patches in s:user-startup or s:startup-sequence.

So boot without startup sequence (hold left and right mouse buttons to get into the kickstart boot menu).

Use the AmigaDOS "move" command to move monitors out of the directory, on the next boot workbench should now fail to load any Siames systems monitor drivers and default back to AGA, I think.

Or you can assign envarc:,env:,t: to ram:,
And type loadwb to get simple desktop without any configurations, and you should be able to drag any monitors out of folder.

Edited by orgin on 2013/5/20 20:24:56
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Re: uninstalling Siamese Systems
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Thanks for your help.