Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
98 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 98

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 10 11 12 (13) 14 15 16 17 »
Re: Opus Magellan source is free now!
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Excellent so that means you will release it after a proper fix for the ftp.module, or still other to do ?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
and is the problem with the icons already fixed? Another problem I have found using it on AROS 68k as desktop is, that user menu cannot be edit correctly (name is not saved, so new menus always have the name "Unnamed")

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79
Quote:

so that means you will release it after a proper fix for the ftp.module, or still other to do

Still other small bugs in all the places :) Callbacks/hooks problems in register.module and themes.module. Some bugs in filetype.module (1 original in dopus code, another our one). Something wrong with about.module (start to show scrolled text not all the time). ftp.module heavy fucked even without involving of socket functions because of heavy hooks usage.

That all of course about native versions, 68k ones all ok mostly.

Add to it that we didn't found why 68k modules crashes on native builds still, but native modules can help to track-down it.

Add to it that there is few other bugs to fix which i not remember for now, but they noted in todo.

I.e. work to be done still and pretty a lot.

Quote:

and is the problem with the icons already fixed?

All the icon related problems will be the same as with original dopus5: it all need bunch of changes in the code in all the places, so for first release there is only will be bug free native versions without any improvements (only few minor ones for os4/mos). And only after we will sure that there is no crashes, memory leaks, and hardcore bugs, then we can start to make improvements. But first goals for first release its just native versions.

You for now can try to play with original icon.module and iconsfix.module on original os3 and aros 68k. I.e. just to know if it aros problem , or original dopus problem, or our gcc-port problem.

Quote:

Another problem I have found using it on AROS 68k as desktop is, that user menu cannot be edit correctly (name is not saved, so new menus always have the name "Unnamed")

That sort of problems will need to be tested after i will bring betas. Those bugs are hi-level while we have bunch of low-level hard-cores. But to help us you need to check original dopus on original os3, to see if it again port/os/original problem.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all
Fixed today big fat bunch of warnings in all the modules and half of them in main program binary (take about 5 hours in sum of annoing typing). Warnings mostly harmless, but at least now code compilation will looks cleaner.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hip hip HURRA.
Great work.

AmigaOne X5000 OS4.1 FEU1 And Lubuntu 10.04
1200 towered with Blizzard PPC - BVision and Mediator
And a new fantastic Chameleon64
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
One request when you can get to such things. Please add support for filesystem links. I find it strange that virtually nothing allows me to copy the sdk 53.20, sdk 53.13 etc. dirs successfully, since there are a couple links in there...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@billt
I do no test symbolic link stuff in dopus5 for now, but i add it to list of requests, so when time come we can have a look at it.

Btw, do you test os3 version or os4 one ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@billt

It works here although it does copy the linked file instead of the link itself as Dopus5.5+ only supports hard links (same volume).

I copied my old SDK installation (249,440,396) to ram: (280,903,417), as you can see it put on a bit of weight during the process but no errors were reported and it should work fine.

Is this copy for a backup or moving and install? if it's a backup I suggest you use amidvd to create an iso image file and copy that wherever (quicker than archiving sdk:). if you're moving an install, just drag the drawer on workbench and let that handle everything for now. Another option is to use Deniil's excellent backup util to mirror it.

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

billt wrote:
One request when you can get to such things. Please add support for filesystem links. I find it strange that virtually nothing allows me to copy the sdk 53.20, sdk 53.13 etc. dirs successfully, since there are a couple links in there...

I've been using my 4.1 XE recently. If that ends up in storage then I'll be back onto 3.9 in WinUAE until we're moved into a new house. Not sure how long that could be as we have to sell ours first to have money to buy another... :/

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Any public version yet?

I would like to start to test the 68k (AROS 68k) version

the "not-display" of icons is not related to GCC but always was there. On Amikit it was fixed by patches but those cannot be used on AROS 68k. I think it only has NewIcons support.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Olaf
Quote:

Any public version yet?

Nope, that what should be done before:
https://sourceforge.net/p/dopus5allami ... b0616ad4/?limit=25&page=0

I am done with what i can do as non-programmer, now Xenic fix bug per bug. Still there is few left (see first post on link) Once that will be done, then some tests just there in forums and then when there will be no problems (no something "plz add that", but just no crashes/bugs in original code), then first release.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
thanx

And a big thanx to Xenic (and all others involved)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Dont know if this is an oroginal bug but I can't remember ever seeing it... I set a hotkey to 'SetAsBackground wallpaper:group/*' and about 75% of the time it doesn't show a picture. I went through the pictures removing those that showed properly and eventually it had displayed all the pictures so it's not a fault with the pictures themselves.

Can someone confirm this on OS3?

@kas1e

Quote:
Still other small bugs in all the places :) Callbacks/hooks problems in register.module

Can't the register module be bypassed or removed now or is it too entwined with dopus to allow that?

Amiga user since 1985

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Severin
Quote:

Can't the register module be bypassed or removed now or is it too entwined with dopus to allow that?

Its already fixed, but we want to keep it because ppls can use their own old keys (its just cool to see in about it the same as it should be). But by default there will be opensource key of course, and no one will need to worry about (only when want to use their own old keys , to make "about" looks tasty).

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

Its already fixed, but we want to keep it because ppls can use their own old keys (its just cool to see in about it the same as it should be). But by default there will be opensource key of course, and no one will need to worry about (only when want to use their own old keys , to make "about" looks tasty).

That's ridiculous. The first thing the AWeb project did was to dump all restrictions, registrations etc. An 'opensource key' is silly, and will likely cause installation headaches and hassles.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:

broadblues wrote:
[quote]
That's ridiculous. The first thing the AWeb project did was to dump all restrictions, registrations etc. An 'opensource key' is silly, and will likely cause installation headaches and hassles.

I totally agree.

If you really want to keep it make it totally optional, so that the user has to install the registration module if they really think seeing their name on screen is that exciting, or just remove it and add a USERNAME tooltype with a serial number randomly generated on installation.

Amiga user since 1985

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@broadblues,severin

There will be no any kind of installation, it will be pure unpack and dbl-click on icon, nothing else. If one will want to make it as wb-replacement, there will be just simple .txt which will say how to do it. For sure we will not loose time on installation scripts for now. In end, no one will need to worry about any opensource keys, everything will works out of box. But for those who prefer to have their old regs, they can just put their registration modules. And to make them works its all was ported and fixed too.

There will be nothing new at all (only os4 mouse wheel + new gadgets) in first release. Everything will be the same as original. Later if/when/then anything can be changed, but not for first release. Goals of first release fully ported stuff just without anything new, to avoid any new bugs and broken stuff.

If one, can help, you can join, discuss with us all the stuff, do some code and co. Seeing how everything slow now in amiga world, i feel that making first release like this will be for sure right, or there is chances to make no release at all ever. If anyone will have any time or interest to do something later, then good, nope - then there still will be fully ported/bug fixed dopus5 and it will works as works original.

For now we have just few bugs left, even now its all can be released, just do not want to hear about bugs about which we know already.

Edited by kas1e on 2013/6/27 10:35:33
Edited by kas1e on 2013/6/27 10:37:24
Edited by kas1e on 2013/6/27 11:00:18
Edited by kas1e on 2013/6/27 11:01:33
Edited by kas1e on 2013/6/27 11:02:35
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Any news?

I have read the "error page" that Xenic is "done for now". Any chance for a first public version? I am of course expecially interested in the 68k OS3 version.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@OlafS3

Xenic seems loose motivation at moment, because for what he can, he do everything. He fix lately bunch of bugs (see first post in that topic where "done for now" ).

For now, there is just 1 problem left for os3 compile which prevent it for release, and 2 problems for os4/mos versions (for morphos maybe more, i didn't test it heavy).

For os3 there is some garbage in requesters sometime, Xenic think it is because of something with A4/A5 registers based functions and data which we throw to it , but in general not him , not me know why it happens, so some help can be pretty. It can be just our assembler stubs for those functions wrong, or some stdargs based stuff related to it wrong, or anything else (to be checked).

For os4/mos, there 2 bugs/problems left which prevent release:

1. ftp.module normal port (for now only os4 version done, and not fully, i port and fix as much as i can in it as non-programmer, but need some help from skilled ones)

2. some mambo-jambo when some of 68k modules do not works with os4/mos native lib/binary.

I assume os4/mos problems will be fixed once Ikka will back from USA, and as for os3 version, i will wait for some time, and if no one will worry about it or trying to help normally (i mean normally), i will try to sort it myself (while do not want to do that, because as i say i am not good programmer and will loose more time on it for sure).

If you in interest, i can prepare os3 release, which will be fully gcc one, just 2 modules will be original/sasc ones: confgiopus.module and ftp.module. At least by that we can check whole package and maybe found some other bugs.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
thanx for information. I would like to test the OS3 version. I am not a C/C++ programmer so I cannot help there much. If you can describe the problem I could ask for help.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 10 11 12 (13) 14 15 16 17 »