Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
114 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 114

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 3 4 ... 8 »
Big E-UAE JIT blog
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
There's been a new update on the 2nd of May.

http://euaejit.blogspot.com/

Edit: Another update, 4th November.
Edit2: Beta 1 is out.

Edited by MickJT on 2013/11/5 16:17:08
Edited by MickJT on 2014/1/1 14:41:08
Go to top
Re: Big E-UAE JIT blog
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Thanks for pointing that out

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@MickJT
Yes thanks for posting the link it was an interesting read and I would have missed it if you had not posted the link here.

Sam440ep 667mhz 512megs OS4.1 + Minimig, 4MB RAM, ARM add-on board
WinUae 2.3.2, OS 3.9, BB2, Catweasel MkIV
Amiga 1200, BlizzardPPC 060/200 with SCSI, mediatorSX, Voodoo3, pci lan
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I've been building executables and testing them. Still lots of crashing, but it improves on every update, and I like to see the progress in action. Read the blog comments for more information. The new JIT LED shows little or no activity while playing games (something I assume will be sorted out eventually). Though with the test ROM (mandel_hw.kick), the JIT LED is bright green and a lot faster than with it off.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MickJT Quote:
The new JIT LED shows little or no activity while playing games

Have you been testing AGA games? Or even RTG games? (They are the ones which should benefit most from JIT - and are most likely to allow use of the 68k's instruction cache).

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ChrisH
Quote:

Have you been testing AGA games? Or even RTG games? (They are the ones which should benefit most from JIT - and are most likely to allow use of the 68k's instruction cache).

All the answers in comments to latest 4-5 posts on jit-blog. But In brief: currently not ready for end users. Rachy aware of all the bugs (that all also in comments) and working on.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Rachy
Quote:
since the emulation is (and always will be) a mixture of JIT compiled and interpreted execution

Can you explain why?

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e
I think you misunderstood my post. MickJT quite clearly says that he has been testing the JIT with SOME software, so my question was what kind. (Nothing else was intended nor implied, please do not read between the lines.)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I've mainly been trying Lion King. Have a look at the comments on the blog. kas1e has a rundown on the games he's tried. There doesn't seem to he improvement yet, but Rachy has an idea as to why (also in blog comments).

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ChrisH
Quote:

I think you misunderstood my post. MickJT quite clearly says that he has been testing the JIT with SOME software

Nah, i mean exactly that: in comments on Jit blog we write what kind of software mick and me tested already (i.e. exactly what kind of SW is tested). And to avoid copy paste there, is better to read those comments (in that comments all what was tested : aga games, old demos but which works on 020/aga (so caches) , whdload (red crashes), os3.x (red crashes) and so on and so on : all in comments).

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Kas1e

When the final version of EUae JIT is available for os4 do you think emulating 060 AGA demos is realistic?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@magnetic
Only Rachy know :) I hope that yes, but currently i test Technological Death on jit (and it should works, because it works on 020/aga settings, so caches involved and jit will take action) , and it freeze euae solid on first scene. What mean that there is still bugs, but at least something was on screen and music trying to plays, etc.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
when duel core suports come the x1000 have a chance to do it i think maby when smp is up and running aeon is comming with something new

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Retro
It might be possible compile while it's running, or divide the chipset emulation into different treads, I guess Paula sound might be possible to do that way, as it mostly just waiting for things to do, maybe it's even like that now I don't know, but then again playback is synchronized to horizontal scan frequency I believe (things are intertwined).

I don't think we should worry about SMP support for now, one thing at the time.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:
when duel core suports come the x1000 have a chance to do it i think maby when smp is up and running aeon is comming with something new

Im not talking 10 years down the road, i'm talking fairly soon.. lol

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@magnetic

Quote:
When the final version of EUae JIT is available for os4 do you think emulating 060 AGA demos is realistic?

It depends on game or program, for example brain the lion AGA works fine on my AmigaONE-XE 1Ghz whit out JIT, whit JIT most likely not going run any better.

But there are other games and programs that are heavier that will benefit from JIT, you can do a quick compare between WinUAE whit JIT enabled vs WinUAE whit out JIT enabled and see what you think.

I think you find preperformance difference wherry big.

But you can't compare it to FPGA or real hardware, emulating hardware in software will never be perfect.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Hopefully the JIT led is green a lot more now?... although sounds like it might cause problems for some games (to be discovered).

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 3 4 ... 8 »