Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
102 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 101

VooDoo, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Big announcement (sort of...)
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
As I am already spamming this forum, I might as well just give away one other "small" thingy:

(TRUMPETS!)

I will be porting Qt 5.2 asap!

(FADING TRUMPETS...........!)

Ok, I have actually not gotten much further with this than making the actual decision. So don't expect anything (as in anything-at-all) within the next 3-4 months. But with that said, I think I owe this to the community, to have an updated Qt port. I just love the enthusistic atmosphere around here, and I am pleased to say, that it all feels meaningful, despite all the small quarels over which browser is better, and "when can we have this-and-that feature", and a nagging feeling of despair every time my friends tell me, that I am crazy and that it doesn't make any sense to be so dedicated to a platform with "such little prospect"... Well, call me crazy, but I think we have the best OS with regards to many things: speed, clarity, overall friendliness, history for that matter and, uhm, this 'feeling' or 'touch' or 'smell', that makes development worthwile, and not just some other way to make dough...

Ahem, and all touchy-feely notions put aside: Let's make some more software!

Edited by alfkil on 2013/4/1 2:02:35
Go to top
Re: Big announcement (sort of...)
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Quote:
..., and a nagging feeling of despair every time my friends tell me, that I am crazy and that it doesn't make any sense to be so dedicated to a platform with "such little prospect"... Well, call me crazy...

“One person's craziness is another person's reality.”
― Tim Burton

Have fun with your X1000 and Qt project but please, don't forget, there are slower machines, too

CD32/A500/A600/A600+Furia/A1200/A4000D+A2320+PiccoloSD64/Sam440 flex 800MHz RAM 1GB HD7750 128MB OS4.1 SBLive! ->
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alfkil

That's an excellent news because using the latest framework we may earn the necessary speed, rumors say that QT5 is a lot faster than the old version 4 !

infact the biggest problem is only there .. still of course many minor glitch here and there in our current release, however as usual all bugs are in general fixable (not a huge issue to the end), but if apps are slow because the framework it will be very hard to use them, expecially our current "poor" hardware, an additional problem too ..

Aniway good luck and as usual count on me for any kind of future betatesting

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alfkil Quote:
I am pleased to say, that it all feels meaningful, despite ... a nagging feeling of despair every time my friends tell me, that I am crazy and that it doesn't make any sense to be so dedicated

I know some people don't like the word, but I think you just gave a good description of what a "hobby" is (or can be). And nothing wrong with that I think, as long as you enjoy it

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Woo-hoo!

Maybe finish what you're doing on 4.7 first though, eh?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Chris

I will make everything so that Qt4.7 is usable for everyone, before moving on.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Whats ghe difference in qt 5.2 compared to 4?

X5000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Antique

Well, I haven't really read up on the details. But for one thing, it is (apparently) going to be easier to port, given that it uses a new abstraction layer for platforms ("Lighthouse" I think was the codename for it). Also, rumours will it, that text rendering has improved somewhat (Calligra/KOffice looks nicer with newer Qt). And I am not entirely sure about this, but I think it might need OpenGL for the rendering, which, if true, means, that we are stuck with MiniGL for the time being.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ alfkil

great news GO GO GO

mancave-ramblings

Go to top

Register To Post