Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
150 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 150

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Help Help with *RUNINUAE* A500 Rom not recognized No ECS/OCS Games!
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hey guys
I'm really getting into os4 again and having fun with my Catweasel mk iv and Run in uae. However, when I try to launch an ECS or OCS demo or game WHD LOad will not load it failing saying it cant read the A500 kickstart file or something! AGA stuff works fine in WHdload.??

I downloaded the latest Runinuae from Os4 depot, went to install it but the opening questions of the installer are confusing as hell. (Since I already had Runinuae installed by default by OS4 u5.. i'm running latest update 6)

I read the docs of the latest RuninUae and it states it fixes the bug I mentioned in the first paragraph, however, after i installed it same problem

Hope this makes sense any help is appreciated. Thanks

Go to top
Re: Help Help with *RUNINUAE* A500 Rom not recognized No ECS/OCS Games!
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Quote:

WHD LOad will not load it failing saying it cant read the A500 kickstart file or something!

without knowing what the error message actually is, it sounds like you havnt installed whdload correctly (as i assume you can get workbench up just fine?)

can you post what the error message actually said, and also the steps you took to get there.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
There is an offical fix download all the post update 6 updates, update runinuae etc, however if you haven't got the time for that right now.

Do this:-

type envarc:appdir/RunInUAE

To find out where your runinuae you appdir is:-

Then simply fix the corrupt file that was distributed in update4
copy sys:Emulation/AmigaROMs/Kickstart-34.4.rom

to your RunInUAEAppdir/WB31/Devs/Kickstarts/kick34005.A500

A1XE, A1200T, X1000, X5020, CDTV, CD32 , A500+ A500
OS4.1b / OS3.2b
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hey thanks for the info. I'm dying to play the Cinemaware games that they just packaged for us. Where do I get the file you want me to replace? From the latest archive?

Also, I would like to do a proper update but the installer confuses me. It asks questions where Yes is NO type of thing...

Is there a guide or can you walk me through the proper update installation of Runinuae. I'm running Update 6 up to date. RuninUae integration is one of the main reasons I choose "Os4" over "morphos" in my bootloader ;)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:
magnetic wrote:
Where do I get the file you want me to replace?
As Jurassicc wrote, you already have it, in the path sys:Emulation/AmigaROMs/Kickstart-34.4.rom. It was installed there by update 5 (IIRC). You just need to copy it to the right place in your RunInUAE installation.

But if I were you, I'd simply make sure to let AmiUpdate install all the latest OS updates, that should also put you straight.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hey guys I got it working. I put the file as requested in dev kickstarts and I still got the same error. Then, I did a full/write over install of latest RunInUAE on Os4 depot and that did the trick. its working now..

My question is how did the betatesters miss that in u4??

Cant wait for JIT UAE

And yes I do use AmidUpdate and think its great.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@magnetic Quote:
My question is how did the betatesters miss that in u4??

The latest RunInUAE needs AmigaOS4 update 6 (along with updates released via AmiUpdate) for the built-in Kickstart to work correctly with certain WHDLoad games.

However going by your comments it seems that your installation was somehow corrupted. As you've now overwritten it with a working installation, I have no way of knowing what happened. If you had used the provided "Debug Backup" program then you could have sent me the backup of your broken RunInUAE installation for me to examine, but that's sadly not an option now.

If you found any installation questions confusing, then please let me know which ones, then maybe I can improve them. Nobody has said anything about them before you...

And if possible please email me, rather than PM or message on the forum (which I may miss).

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top

Register To Post