Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
161 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 160

VooDoo, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Keyboard dies
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
If I leave my Sam EP440 on overnight, I lose my keyboard and have to hard reboot to reactivate it. Has anyone an idea what may be causing this?

Go to top
Re: Keyboard dies
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Is it connected to the "rear" ports or the "front" ports? If its hooked to the "rear" ports (the onboard ports on the rear" of the mobo), connect it to the "front" ports (connected to the mobo by cable). Try again.

I had severe problems with my Logitech G15 keyboard, after I attached an USB2.0 hub and plugged the G15 into it (e.g. it stopped working immediately after AmiUpdate has finished its update process. Weird...). Before that I had "keyboard losses" from time to time. Theyre solved by re-plugging the keyboard, but this wasnt nice at all.

Since using the "front" ports, the G15 works ok (so far). One keyboard loss, but I think this was caused by a faulty program, messing with foreign (most probably the USB stacks) memory.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I lose my keyboard rarely but my mouse is always ok. I did one command script and when the kb is lost I run the script (by clicking). It restarts a USB stack. The kb is back then...no need to reset the os...

'USBctrl restart' is the command with an argument.

CD32/A500/A600/A600+Furia/A1200/A4000D+A2320+PiccoloSD64/Sam440 flex 800MHz RAM 1GB HD7750 128MB OS4.1 SBLive! ->
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I neverhad these problems until Update 5, but thanks for the suggestions.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Something changed around update 4 which broke USB for the SAM440. If you've got certain things attached to USB the keyboard and mouse can disappear every few seconds.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Its quite the opposite for me. Since update 4 almost all kb/mouse drops are gone. Only my kb is lost after reset, but very rarely....

CD32/A500/A600/A600+Furia/A1200/A4000D+A2320+PiccoloSD64/Sam440 flex 800MHz RAM 1GB HD7750 128MB OS4.1 SBLive! ->
Go to top

Register To Post