Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
114 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 114

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

picasso modes inside e-uae on X1000?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hi,

just trying certain E-UAE's... I copied AOS 3.9 and Work directory from my working WinUAE Installation, and tried to boot (e.g. e-uae incl. EasyUAE). All boots up fine expect that I cannot manage to select picasso modes insides OS3.9 ScreenPrefs. And yes Picasso Stuff is installed, as I use Picasso inside WinUAE...

Any Ideas ? Is it even possible to use picasso drivers inside e-uae on X1000 ?

Go to top
Re: picasso modes inside e-uae on X1000?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
You need to use an sdl version of e-uae not the amigagfx version.

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Try RunInUAE. it's a fantastic program, it install all the necesary files and configs to work whit UAE, and OS 4.1u5 give you all the ROMS and WB3.1.

AmigaOne X5000 OS4.1 FEU1 And Lubuntu 10.04
1200 towered with Blizzard PPC - BVision and Mediator
And a new fantastic Chameleon64
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@RIBDEVIL

RunInUAE does not install the SDL version of e-uae so picasso modes will not work with it out of the box. the e-uae executable would still need to be replaced.

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@all
Thanx, for infos... works. However the experience is bad on X1000 (e.g. compared to e-uae on AROS and of course WinUAE). It is a bit slow... However what buggars me most, is the fact, that I cannot even start AmiBlitz 3.5. Hoped I could, as AmiBlitz 3.5 Debugger don't work on X1000 OS 4.1 (It did on SAM Os4.1 upd5 though...) - However donnot bother to comment and give hints, as the AmiBlitz thing is already in Hyperion Forum.

Thanx for help

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
So, can anyone tell me how to get Picasso96 working in the SDL version of E-UAE?

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@gerograph

PowerPC E-UAE is running slow, because of interpreting 680x0 one instruction at the time.
WinUAE (AROS/Windows) supports 680x0 to x86 translation (recompilation on the fly) JIT.
JIT is not yet fully supported on E-UAE / PowerPC.

There is on going project to make JIT, (CPU emulation) faster.
For programs its better to forget about E-UAE/RunInUAE and just run the applications directly on AmigaOS4.x / Petunia JIT is parity fast.

Its just a matter of time before E-UAE / PowerPC gets JIT, Álmos Rajnai is working on it read the blog, and donate money.
http://euaejit.blogspot.no/

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ChrisH.

There is doc file provided whit EUAE that explains the uae configuration file, it should not be a problem to configure.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@LiveForIt
Configuring E-UAE to use Picasso96 is not the main problem (although hints would be appreciated). Rather the problem is getting the AmigaOS files required for Picasso96 under E-UAE. I have not yet found an archive containing the required P96 files.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
It’s because you don’t need any software, all it does is emulate a p96 compatible graphic card.

The drivers are provided whit OS3.5 and OS3.9

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@LiveForIt
So I would have to pirate OS3.x files if I wanted RunInUAE to come with the required Picasso96 stuff? :(

P.S. I am using an AmigaOS3.1 install under E-UAE, as it's far smaller & faster than OS3.5/9.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Picasso96.lha on Aminet should do it. It installs a uaegfx driver/screenmode.

http://aminet.net/package/driver/video/Picasso96#contents

To make it work, you need to give the emulation some gfxmem in .uaerc, and use an SDL version of euae.

The shared object SDL version on OS4Depot runs slower, but included in the archive is the official SDL build by Richard Drummond with slightly better performance. I think is due to the SDL he linked it with, although I wasn't able to match the performance with the versions I tried including the one on his site. Perhaps it's a difference in SDKs, or newlib/clib2.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Well, I have a working Picasso96 installation, as I just copied the folder/partition over from my Winuae installation. I think I have either got it from my original AmigaHD, where I had the drivers installed which came with the Hardware or I have got those drivers from AmigaForever CD. Cannot remember, anymore. I used the official SDL version, and it works faster.

The purpose of installing the emulator was for running Amiblitz 3.5, which doesn' work on X1000/Petunia. However AmiBlitz 3.5 doesn't work inside the emulated enverionment. So currently it is not much use for me anyway...

thanx for help

Go to top

Register To Post