Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
103 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 103

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 »
Re: Timberwolf RC3 available
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Thanks Thom. I hope you get well soon.

All the best,
redfox

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I have downloaded and installed Timberwolf RC3. Unfortunately, I do not have enough RAM to use it to its full potential.

---
redfox
MicroA1-C with IBM 750 GX CPU and 256 MB RAM
AmigaOS 4.1 Update 5

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Quote:

jabirulo wrote:
@mufa
Hi, just tried to install Spanish ES-es.xpi. TW rc3 asked me if I wanted to install it clicked on YES, but seems nothing happens. Should I set/add/change something else?

Which language did you try?

TIA

Type about:config and modify general.useragent.locale - en-US on ES.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Thanks Thomas for this new version, much appreciated. And take good care and take also some rest

Regarding RC-3, I can confirm that bookmarks still do not work properly on SFS2 and JXFS partitions (they are not saved). I have to test TW on a SFS/0 partition.

Edit : saving bookmarks doesn't work at all on a SFS/0 partition (I cannot even drag'n drop a site in the Bookmarks ToolBar nor edit anything, it is not taken in account).

Edit 2 : well, on a SFS/0 partition, bookmarks are saved indeed but you cannot see it (nothing happens when you save or edit a bookmark) but after closing and relaunchling TW, thare are displayed. Weird...

So reverting back to my good old FFS partition

BTW, is it ok to use libcairo.so (with Altivec optimizations) from RC-2 with RC-3 (in order to take advantage of the Altivec unit ?). libcairo from RC-3 gives me some glitches with the tabs, it's not the case with the one provided with RC-2.

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Quote:

redfox wrote:
Thanks Thom. I hope you get well soon.

All the best,
redfox

I too have a MicroA1 with only 256 ram, but I find that Timberwolf is usable.

I must get myself more ram soon! Its not that expensive on ebay.

Mikey C

No cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Saving bookmarks works fine on sfs/02. Thanks again Thomas.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Joeled : yes, thare are saved when you do save them. But are they still present when you quiot TimberWolf and start it again ?

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Any tried to disable delete and only have protection flags w and r on this bookmark file?

For this to work TW would need to respect Amiga protection bits

Anyway, just passing by so thought I'd throw out some old school hackery... I'm indifferent, I don't use bookmarks =)

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:
saving bookmarks doesn't work at all on a SFS/0 partition

Yeah, I saw this too. I can't use TW at all because of this. (Was/am planning to file a bug report once I have tested this further.)

EDIT: Bug report now made, feel free to add your experiences to it:
http://bugs.os4depot.net/?function=viewissue&issueid=825

Edited by ChrisH on 2012/9/6 18:33:04
Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Grand!

I don't see much speed difference in loading with mui-owb
Typing this with TW is slow though

A speedy recovery

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Mikey_C

My login to amigans timed out while I was typing this reply using Timberwolf RC3. Could not paste it back into the text window after I logged back into amigans. However, it pasted fine into NotePad after I quit Timberwolf.

Posting this reply with OWB 3.31 rather than launching Timberwolf again.

Timberwolf RC3 runs on my system, but I had to make some compromises to speed up operations a bit.

Timberwolf works best from my 35 GB JXFS partition.
Timberwolf works best WITHOUT the RANDOM device.

With these restrictions in place, I can view and post on my usual amiga sites. But I cannot save any bookmarks.

I have not tried any intensive sites, such as facebook or news sites.

The following may help to explain why I had to make some compromises ...

My system has only 256 MB of RAM as standard with MicroA1-C. This by itself is a huge restriction for applications which use large amounts of RAM.

So far, most versions of Timberwolf use a large amount of available RAM. There is not much left for anything else.

For whatever reason, my Western Digital hard drive does not work well with UDMA. I use PIO mode.

There is alot of hard disk activity when Timberwolf is operating from an FFS2 partition with the RANDOM device running.

I do not know if this is Timberwolf manipulating the files it requires or if this is SWAP or a combination of both.

I think that this excessive hard disk activity actually slows down Timberwolf on my system.

If I do not use the RANDOM device and operate Timberwolf from my JXSF partition, there is still some hard drive activity but not nearly as much. At least it does not slow down the system.

---
redfox
MicroA1-C with IBM 750 GX CPU and 256 MB RAM
AmigaOS 4.1 Update 5

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I just finished formatting one of my spare partitions to SFS/00 and installed the new release there using my CurrentUserProfile (still) from RC1.

It does load slightly slower, but everything works the same as on SFS/02, including saving bookmarks.

On either partition type, the first run of TW will exit without a GR. Following exits produce a GR for NSPR thread 4 not shutting down. However, clicking kill in GR shuts down the thread and everything is AOK. :)

A1-X1000
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:
Joeled : yes, thare are saved when you do save them. But are they still present when you quiot TimberWolf and start it again ?

No it doesnt.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@mufa

THX it worked!!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I have now made a bug report about the Bookmarks not working at all (at least on an SFS/0 partition). Feel free to add your experiences to it:
http://bugs.os4depot.net/?function=viewissue&issueid=825

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@K-L

I'm using RC2 libcairo (altivec) that came with RC2, no problems until now, but...

You can keep a backup of the original RC3 libcairo and try RC2 libcairo, if you get some problems revert to RC3 libcairo and re-test.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Dear Thom

Just tried TW RC3 on Sam460 running OS4.1 Beta (on FFS partition). CPU is always 100% and it never falls down. RC2 was falling to 25% after some time of inactivity.

Sinan - AmigaOS4 Beta-Tester
- AmigaOne X5000
- AmigaOne A1222
- Sam460ex
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I just installed Timberwolf RC3 last night and I left it running fine (yes, even the bookmarks were working), but today after I fired up my SAM460ex I got a Guru Meditation Error 80000003.

Timberwolf never finishes launching and the opening window with the Timberwof logo just stays open without moving. I can still use my system and launch other apps, and the Timberwolf windows is allays there on the background.

Why is this happening?

At least I still have my trusty, handy OWB (MOS version) working.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
If Timberwolf won't start for some reason (probably a corrupt database), then you need to (1) reboot, (2) delete the "CurrentUserProfile" folder, and then (3) start Timberwolf & be patient while it recreates everything.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ChrisH

I got it and it's working again. Thanks.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 »