Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
126 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 125

sailor, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 4 (5)
Re: Timberwolf beta 4 available
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ MickJT

Yes, sorry. I'll get back to you asap, but the recent days/weeks have been hell.

@ samo79/swoop

I have fixed most of the download problems now, including saving to RAM Disk: and the problem with "cannot save :filename" thing. As far as I can see the Download manager is the only problem that remains. You'll be able to see for yourself once RC1 comes out.

The download manager complains about a malformed file specification when it's not open, but works when it is open. I'm currently looking into that.

@ redfox

I'll look into this. For me, it works unless I release the mouse button outside TW's window. I need to look into the window assignment anyway since there's also a problem with popups opening combo boxes and similar

@ Rob

Using a video layer might work, but I'm not sure if the internal player supports that. I'll have to check it. I didn't have time to look into that yet

RAM is a problem, but I have hear from people using it with the pager enabled on 256 MB machines.

@ vox

I didn't say "next version". For now, I will try as much as I can, but there are limits

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Bookmarks & History.

When quitting TW I get a GR if History is active or I set a Bookmark.

Process: Background CLI

Function: Wait_until_Child_Ends (Shell)

Error Process: NSPR thread 4 pid=xxx

If History and Bookmarks are not used TW quits clean.

Just a note.

A1-X1000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tfrieden

Quote:
I have fixed most of the download problems now, including saving to RAM Disk: and the problem with "cannot save :filename" thing. As far as I can see the Download manager is the only problem that remains. You'll be able to see for yourself once RC1 comes out.

The download manager complains about a malformed file specification when it's not open, but works when it is open. I'm currently looking into that.

Very good, thanks mate !

BTW: about my bug 774 (Acid test 3 not passed in beta 4) i did a grab that try to "prove" my 99% result

See it: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/215/acids.png/

P.S.
I even found a possible bug when closing Timberwolf, after the "are you sure you want to close bablabla" first i got a DSI crash and then an alert message --> then finally a freeze

I need to check this error with more precision of course, all i can say for now is that it happen when i close TW with OWB opened so the system was in a "slowdown situation"

EDIT: Here the crashlog:

http://crashlog.os4depot.net/index.ph ... ction=view&crashlogid=339

Edited by samo79 on 2012/7/4 18:16:58
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ samo79

I do not doubt that you get 99/100 with the acid test, but I can not reproduce that, and others confirmed to me that they get 100/100 all the time. No one else has reported the 99/100.

So I am assuming some "weird circumstances" cause it for you. Besides, there's little chance I can actually fix it because it is most likely not in the machine dependent code.

The crash is probably due to missing synchronization between subthreads and main thread. They can continue to run while the main thread is exiting (and thus, the main thread frees resources that the subthreads are still using). I'll add a barrier to the thread exit code that should prevent this.

@ mechanic

This bug you describe is most likely also caused by the main thread exiting too early. It should be fixed with the barrier I described above.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Do the .so files require any special handling for TimberWolf to run properly?

I'm still finding I can't run Python or TimberWolf at all... and I am wondering what I may be missing to rectify the fault (I am sure I am missing something as these are the only two programs with any issues)

anyway... I'm going to be checking to see if the Locale settings (I'm in Japan so I have to work on supporting Japanese encoding) have anything to do with it...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I'm posting this letter from Timberworf latest Beta. It's working great on Sam440ep - it's better and faster than old OWB. So well done! Thank you for your hard work! Keep it up!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
works as fast on my X1000 as firefox works on i5 2.4Ghz / WinXP. However, did not test it intensively yet, but looks like it "freezes" for while, when scrolling. Some scrolling work perfectly fast, some don't. BUT only if I use another theme (this is "Silvermel" 1.5.3). The default theme seems to work alright ?

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 4 (5)