Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
85 user(s) are online (46 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 85

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »
Re: Timberwolf beta 4 available
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@BilliE

Quote:
That was my first impression, the responsiveness and speed has had a huge boost. In fact it may be faster than MUI-OWB on my X1000.

Likewise MUIOWB is still my main browser but TW has come on really well well with the last update. Especially the cut'n'paste, I tend to use that a lot so the previous versions were not really useable for me. This one is.

The twins have done a damned good job. Once they have all the Amiga niceties too (not for a while I know) it could well become the best browser around.

Yes agreed, all looking better now but room for improvemeny, it is getting there tho and most welcome

SAM 460 with 2GB or RAM, 1000GB HD, 4 port SATA, DVDRW drive and Radeon HD 4650 GFX card.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Does not run in OS4.1 classic in 4000D with 128mb of ram and Zorram.
Seems to be low memory problems.
The las version was able to boot.

I need to test in the 1200 that has 256mb of ram. Im the Peg2 runs pretty decent

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

doraemon wrote:
Does not run in OS4.1 classic in 4000D with 128mb of ram and Zorram.
Seems to be low memory problems.
The las version was able to boot.

I need to test in the 1200 that has 256mb of ram. Im the Peg2 runs pretty decent

I have serious doubts that this will work. Even if you get it to start up, it will be slow and it will probably not be able to do a lot before it shuts down.

Seriously, if you do want to contact me write me a mail. You're more likely to get a reply then.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Will Timberwolf be lightweight enough to run on proposed Amiga laptop?

SAM 460 with 2GB or RAM, 1000GB HD, 4 port SATA, DVDRW drive and Radeon HD 4650 GFX card.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

Double-edged question, eh?
But the thing is will you get a reply?

Peter Swallow

Eyetech A1XE-G3 800Mhz OS4.1
Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Swoop

As there is a lot’s of room for improvements it is possible, the first OWB versions were also slow, but now they are quite useful, it will probably take some time before we get there.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Certain HTML5 games works.

The humble canvasnoid: http://html5games.com/2012/02/canvasnoid/

very slow on the 440.

agent 008 slow like a pachyderm: http://agent8ball.com/

there are many other, tho.

http://html5games.com/

http://www.html5games.net/

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

Yes.

If not, we'll make it run.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
By the way, since the new beta is out and it contains substantial fundamental changes, would you please verify your bug reports and if they are no longer valid, please close them. If not, just leave them open, and I'll deal with them

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@tfrieden

Did you get my e-mail replies?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tfriedens

About my download issue i noted that if i try to download a file and then close Timberwolf --> at the next restart i can see the download starting just opening the download window from menu.

So download seems working in a way or another but still some issue on my system.

BTW: i revisited my (current opened) bugreport and i think you can set to close my bug 759 (Sometimes crash at exit)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:
About my download issue i noted that if i try to download a file and then close Timberwolf --> at the next restart i can see the download starting just opening the download window from menu.

So download seems working in a way or another but still some issue on my system.

Downloads, supposedly haven't been working for me either.
After your post, I opened the downloads window, via the tools menu, went to OS4Depot and downloaded pftp to see what happened. pftp.lha showed up in the dowloads window and reverted to a one line entry.
Previously, when trying to dowload I set up a dowloads directory Temporary:Timberwolf/ and I looked in there to see what had happened, nad pftp.lha had downloaded ok.
Also there was an "install_flash_player_osx.dmg" downloaded as well, this was from one of the missing plugins messages, and install manually, on a previous session.

So having thought downloads didn't work for me, creating a download directory, changing download prefs in Timberwolf to match, and opening the downloads window before tying to download, has enabled downloads.
I will have to play around more to see what I actually have to do each time.

Peter Swallow

Eyetech A1XE-G3 800Mhz OS4.1
Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Thanks for the update.

My only complaint is a problem with the vertical scroll bar. When I release the left mouse button it keeps scrolling like I am still holding the button down. I have to click somewhere else on the screen to release the scroll bar.

Unfortunately, due to RAM limitations, I cannot use Timberwolf Beta 4 to its fullest potential on my MicroA1 system (I have the standard 256 MB RAM module that came with the MicroA1). I suspect that 512 MB of RAM would be enough.

Timberwolf Beta 4 seems to use up most of my available RAM and I have to do some tweeks to free up some more RAM to use bookmarks. For example, I can free up just enough extra RAM if I change my Workbench preferences to use a blank grey background instead of my normal background photo. Quitting AmiDock before launching Timberwolf also seems to help as well. I don't know how much RAM is used by AmiDock.

I am guessing that 512 MB of RAM would be enough to run my normal OS4 system plus Timberwolf Beta 4 to its fullest potential.

I am currently using Timberwolf without bookmarks.
I have also moved the RANDOM device back to storage.

---
redfox
MicroA1 with 750 GX CPU and 256 MB RAM
AmigaOS 4.1 Update 4

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Forgot to mention that Caps Lock does not work when I am typing comments at amigans or amigaworld or amiga.org. I have to hold down the Shift key to get Caps.

This is a minor niggle, just unexpected, not a show stopper.

BTW ... I like cut and paste (using Edit menu). Thanks.

---
redfox

Edit: confirmed Caps lock does not work at amigans or amigaworld or amiga.org.

Edited by redfox on 2012/7/2 18:27:55
Edited by redfox on 2012/7/2 18:32:03
Edited by redfox on 2012/7/3 1:14:47
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@redfox

I had that caps lock problem with NetSurf... can't remember how I fixed it though, probably something tweaked in the MapRawKey() call.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Swoop

Current situation might not ideal for a global test as for what i tested i have a different behaviour, here even having the download window open i can't be able to see any file in download neither via click on a link nor via the usual "save us" option from the context menu.

Usually i got this type of popup error:

:fileXY can't blablabla

This is even if i try to save them on a partition without space (ex: WORK:)

Just for curiosity i discover that at the next restart TW "see the file" once you open the download window and then start downloading ...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Thank You very much. The Amizilla donation is just for You from my part. Appreciated. Now if I ever get my XE from repair. Then seeing serious stuff. This pc is too good and fast to compare. Amiga with a new net? Wow! I'll buy that one.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@tfrieden

Quote:
Regarding sound: Yeah, YouTube is too slow, but then, I wouldn't really suspect a software solution to be usable. I'll see if there's anything I can do in terms of assembler optimization (the X86 version has a few AFAIK), so it might be usable.

MorphOS users report that they can play 720p youtube videos on Mac Mini using Fab's OWB/Odyssey so there should be significant room for improvement as long as it doesn't require too much assmbler. I assume textured video should also be able to give it a bigger boost later on.

Go to top
Anonymous
Quote:
Will Timberwolf be lightweight enough to run on proposed Amiga laptop? Yes. If not, we'll make it run.

OK hope to see next version will then fly on SAM 440. Its great to have port, its better to have it optimized.

After this one is done, will anyone continue work on Open office for kids or any other productivity app?

Are so far GCC compiled files avail for anyone to continue?

Yes, I know, its NOT Hyperions job, but must be of some interest.

Much love for the good work brothers do, and hope to see 4.1.5 for all soon and 4.2 .. Xmas this year?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I do not own a Cyberstorm,but there are 360 & 400Mhz Cyberstorm out there are these cards capable off running this program with zoram.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »