Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
103 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 103

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 (4)
Re: Timberwolf beta 3 available
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

samo79 wrote:

- Menu aren't inside the program like Windows/Linux but they are accessible on top (standard menu in MacOS but also on AmigaOS of course)

As I pointed out (or tried to), the first release will be a straight out port. What can be done beyond that is something that we need to decide. Windows has the orange "Firefox" button and menus hidden by default. We have thought about the same thing, hiding the menus by default and having a normal AmigaOS menu for the functions you usually get via the Firefox button. The biggest issue are inlined menu images and the nesting depth, which might or might not pose a problem.

Quote:
- The vertical scrollbar at the right are embedded like any other OSX "native" program, instead current Timberwolf's scrollbar (under AmigaOS4) is showed inside the window and not as a part of it ... it look like an owner Firefox widget instead ..

That's because it uses Firefox widgets. Straight port only. The widgets need to be CSS styleable, so you cannot just replace them with AmigaOS widgets. Some of them work, but right now, as I said before, stability and a straight port are the focus. Cosmetic changes are secondary, and will come after release.

Seriously, if you do want to contact me write me a mail. You're more likely to get a reply then.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

BillE wrote:

That should be a minimum requirement for any Amiga application.

But it isn't an Amiga application. It's a port. See also my other reply.

EDIT: AREXX-Interface, proper workbench startup handling, and other AmigaOS-specific features are definitely planned, as is the update to later versions of the Firefox trunk, but the first version will be a port, nothing more, nothing less.

Seriously, if you do want to contact me write me a mail. You're more likely to get a reply then.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

AmigaBlitter wrote:
@rogue
Will the latest cairo library be used?

Version 1.12 of cairo is more fast and have more function.

The new pixman library has been improved too.

Thank you

Right now it's an older version, I think 1.10.something. Performance wasn't a focus so far, so we like to change as little as possible. I'd like to see libpixman's altivec optimizations enabled as well, but so far, nothing in that direction has been done.

Definitely going to have a look at Cairo 1.12, since it not only has performance improvements, it also makes some changes in the internal pipeline, which might help getting hardware acceleration back in.

Stability and feature completeness are the focus right now though.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

ChrisH wrote:
@rogue Quote:
Everything gets looked at eventually. Any issue in particular that you have in mind here? If this is about the GUI element updating, I *think* it has been fixed in the meantime.

Yes, it was GUI elements not updating, which is currently shown as NOT fixed:
http://bugs.os4depot.net/?function=viewissue&issueid=742

Right, this specific bug I think depends on the history function which for some reason doesn't work. I might take a look at it today if I get the time (unless Thom already fixed it earlier).

I agree this bug should be fixed.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

Rogue wrote:

But it isn't an Amiga application. It's a port. See also my other reply.

EDIT: AREXX-Interface, proper workbench startup handling, and other AmigaOS-specific features are definitely planned, as is the update to later versions of the Firefox trunk, but the first version will be a port, nothing more, nothing less.

OK. Fair point, best to get it all working before adding all the nice features.

The cut and paste working will certainly make the next release far more useable, that was one of the best things I read in a while !

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Keep up the great work, guys! Timberwolf is great now and looking better and better!!!

--Barry Steenbergh

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

Chris wrote:
@tfrieden / @rogue
Is it possible to get hold of the Spidermonkey includes you used, so I can use/link to libmozjs.so?

Sorry I overlooked this post... What kind of includes do you need? I don't think there had been any changes in those, but I'll look it up. Drop me an e-mail to remind me, or I'll likely forget :)

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Quote:

Rogue wrote:
Quote:

Chris wrote:
@tfrieden / @rogue
Is it possible to get hold of the Spidermonkey includes you used, so I can use/link to libmozjs.so?

Sorry I overlooked this post... What kind of includes do you need? I don't think there had been any changes in those, but I'll look it up. Drop me an e-mail to remind me, or I'll likely forget :)

Done, thanks. The includes are all of them, some are generated by configure or by the makefile (and by other compiled files I think).

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 (4)