Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
99 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 98

imagodespira, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Thank you!
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@agafaster

Quote:
Welcome back mate !

I believe we met, way back in '03 at Eyetech's stand at some show or other in the NEC.
Tell Rhino 4.1 u4 works fine in the XE (at least on a G3 it does )

I used to subscribe to that mag - I don't suppose there's any chance of a return !

Thanks, yes I was doing a lot of shows back then showing of Amiga OS4, met lots of nice people. Rhino has decided to get OS4.1 and try it on his machine, he has played with it on my machine and was impressed with developments. I believe hiis machine is a G4?

We really enjoyed making the magazine although hard work to get it out more or less on time! I'm afraid there is no chance on Total Amiga coming back as Rhino is very busy with his Open University work and I just don't have the tallent! I wrote some articles but that's about it for me I'm afraid.

BTW love your avatar

SAM 460 with 2GB or RAM, 1000GB HD, 4 port SATA, DVDRW drive and Radeon HD 4650 GFX card.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Chris

Quote:
Woo-hoo! Perhaps we can expect an update of AmiPodder? I don't use it very often but it can be quite handy (if I could be bothered to keep up-to-date with Podcasts rather than dipping into them now and then, I'd use it a lot more)

Yes I shall ask him as I use it for Formula 1 podcasts.

Quote:
PS have you beaten my 3.3 billion score on Slam Tilt yet?

No I haven't but love the RunInUAE update so can run a game in a window, I shall be playing a lot more, so far my highest score is about 720 million!

SAM 460 with 2GB or RAM, 1000GB HD, 4 port SATA, DVDRW drive and Radeon HD 4650 GFX card.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I did think that we should've organised badges like our avatars, just so we could identify each other - I only recognised Fleecy and Alan !

sicky wrote:
Quote:

BTW love your avatar

Ta !

Avatar: Avro Vulcan - XH558 needs YOU !!
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@agafaster

I am just like my avatar

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@AGAFaster

I was there too, so was Rhino, Stellar-Dreams (Sven Harvey), Paul from AmigaOne-Productions, LinchPin and Gadget Master to name a few more.
It was December 2003 IIRC.

My, My, doesn't time fly.

A1XE, A1200T, X1000, X5020, CDTV, CD32 , A500+ A500
OS4.1b / OS3.2b
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:

Jurassicc wrote:

Indeed. For instance, judging by your avatar, it seems to be Christmas again already! Oh, dear, was that all the summer we got this year?

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Jurassicc

Quote:
I was there too, so was Rhino, Stellar-Dreams (Sven Harvey), Paul from AmigaOne-Productions, LinchPin and Gadget Master to name a few more.
It was December 2003 IIRC.

I remember it all so well Was it the same year or the next year we all went to Newcastle?

Are you living in the UK again now?

Go to top
Anonymous
Quote:
I have contributed to many projects financially now and looking forward to all the updates and progress that takes place, the likes of Lo-View, Cinnamon Writer, MUI OWB and Timberwolf just a few examples of excellent software acvailable on the Amiga. Long live the Amiga

Its really nice to see users coming back to life, as well as that each small donation comes back in returned value.

If all the people from 2002 would come back AmigaNGs would be back to life as still small but bigger community.

Its great to see many small good news even we still await for the big ones

Return of Roots and Culture (Reggae 2012)

Moving back to the top

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@vox

Quote:
Its really nice to see users coming back to life, as well as that each small donation comes back in returned value.

If all the people from 2002 would come back AmigaNGs would be back to life as still small but bigger community.

Its great to see many small good news even we still await for the big ones

Return of Roots and Culture (Reggae 2012)

When I left the scene I was actually a beta tester for OS4 bit got a bit p#ssed off with all sorts going on and really thought the Amiga was finally going to die, I had an AmigaOne XE and it all ran pretty well but thought we had missed the opportunity to become something bigger.

I returned because I missed the fun in computing, using an Amiga is so much more fun than the Apple MacBook Pro I have, I am using my SAM460 as my main computer now and very rarely use my Mac!

Yes we are missing a few essentials such as an office suite but can cope using Final Writer and Cinnemon Writer that is being developed. I have communicated with many programers that have software they are developing for the Amiga such as Cinnemon Writer, Sketchblock and the excellent Lo-View, where else would developers listen to us mere punters and take on board our ideas etc?

The Amiga community is very active in a low key way, people are very helpful and willing to give a helping hand, can't think of any other platform that has that personal level of help if needed and I'm proud to be a part of it........ long live the Amiga

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@sicky Quote:
When I left the scene I was actually a beta tester for OS4 bit got a bit p#ssed off with all sorts going on and really thought the Amiga was finally going to die, I had an AmigaOne XE and it all ran pretty well but thought we had missed the opportunity to become something bigger.

The Amiga may end-up being one of the few "true" desktops systems left. Windows 8 is doing as much as possible to kill the traditional desktop, while Apple seems to want to turn Mac OS X into iOS (it can't be long until the only way to install OS X apps is via their App Store, and most of the rest of OS X's "new" features seem to come from iOS). Even Linux is moving towards dumbing-down the desktop experience - just look at what Ubuntu are doing.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

ChrisH wrote:

The Amiga may end-up being one of the few "true" desktops systems left. Windows 8 is doing as much as possible to kill the traditional desktop, while Apple seems to want to turn Mac OS X into iOS .............- just look at what Ubuntu are doing.

All true.

Amiga is not just a desktop, it is probably the only platform produced today. Windows is not a platform, Apple has given up being a platform in favor of the ever new, more unit sales path. AROS, MorphOS, Linux, and so many more are simply not platforms.

I have been trying to find the time to post some info on how glad I am to have purchased X1000, but seem to be constantly moving that back due to not being able to leave the migy alone long enough to even gather my thoughts enough to do that.

It is everything I thought it would be, and it's getting better all the time.

Gotta go play

A1-X1000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
It does indeed !
I got the train down - well bus replacement service (lol!)
with my daughter, in her pushchair.
I seem to remember it wee'd it down all day

I was right about the badge thing wasnt I !

got a nice demo of OS4.0 though...

Avatar: Avro Vulcan - XH558 needs YOU !!
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Go to Trevors blog first.

We have all had 'those' Mondays. YUK!

Going on to part 2, a ray of sunshine. If you haven't listened to Aeon Starlight by Rayne then perhaps now is a good time to do so. It's in the System > Media drawer.

Part 3 is just way cool. Gotta get me............another card ASAP.

I haven't had X1000 very long, but since getting it there has been what seems like a growing river of new. The only frustration has been finding the time to play with and investigate each piece in detail, meanwhile realizing there is more to come.

I am oh so glad I invested........my wife ??????? maybe not so much. Oh well, she must get her share of those Mondays too.

A1-X1000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
The Amipodder on os4depot is version 1.4. There is a newer and seemingly more feature rich version 1.7 here:
http://www.amipodder.com/

Can only Robert Williams upload the newer version to OS4Depot?

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)