Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
107 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 107

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
Thank you!
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hi All

I had been away from the Amiga scene for some 5 years and returned after finding computing (using my Apple MacBook Pro) although complete and useful very boring!

It has been quite an eventful return, buying a SAM460 and installing all my backed up software and getting back to the community, am really enjoying being an 'Amigan' again.

I have re-joined the ANT Amiga user group and go whenever work allows and enjoy it very much. I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU to all the people on here that have helped me, some simple silly things and some bigger problems all resolved with your help, it makes me proud to be back with the Amiga and associated community again, feels good

I have contributed to many projects financially now and looking forward to all the updates and progress that takes place, the likes of Lo-View, Cinnamon Writer, MUI OWB and Timberwolf just a few examples of excellent software acvailable on the Amiga.

Long live the Amiga

PS: Am selling my Apple MacBook Pro now!

SAM 460 with 2GB or RAM, 1000GB HD, 4 port SATA, DVDRW drive and Radeon HD 4650 GFX card.
Go to top
Re: Thank you!
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@sicky

+1

Amiga users & fans are the sole reason why Amiga, in all it's flavours, is still being actively developed in 2012!

Cheers to all of us Amiga freaks- drama et all it's still my favourite OS & community bar none

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Good to see you back :)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Welcome back!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
It has been really good to follow the story of your return!

Nice to have you back.

Hope we will see many more "happy returns" like yours.

Best regards,

Niels

P.S. Say hi to everybody over there from me .

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:
PS: Am selling my Apple MacBook Pro now!

Try AmiKit on your Mac before you sell it

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Welcome back. Nice to see some positive users around.

X5000
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@AmiKit

Quote:
Try AmiKit on your Mac before you sell it

Would love to but have run into financial difficulty after CSA have hammered me for £500 per month taken direct from my wages!

SAM 460 with 2GB or RAM, 1000GB HD, 4 port SATA, DVDRW drive and Radeon HD 4650 GFX card.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Antique

Quote:

Looks like I have talked 'Rhino' (Robert Williams) into returning to the Amiga, he has just got his AmigaOne XE down from the loft and fired it up all okay and hoping to upgrade from Amiga OS4.0 to OS4.2 when it's available. He is a friend and editor of our magazine you may remember 'Total Amiga'

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:
hoping to upgrade from Amiga OS4.0 to OS4.2 when it's available.

I'd argue for buying OS4.1 right now (it is a *massive* improvement over OS4.0), rather than waiting around for an OS update that has no announced schedule. (Yes, in principle Hyperion could announce tomorrow that OS4.2 is released, but IMHO experinece should have taught Amiga users to buy what is available right now, rather than delaying for what is promised at some unspecified point in the future. In the "worst" case, that Hyperion DID announce OS4.2 tomorrow, well no one says you HAVE to buy OS4.2 as soon as it is available. Well, unless you have bought into our "buy on credit now, whether or not you can afford it, pay later with interest & regret" culture).

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:
but IMHO experinece should have taught Amiga users to buy what is available right now, rather than delaying for what is promised at some unspecified point in the future.

So true!
Also I don't see why 4.2 would be released whereas only the X1000 has Update5. Other platforms need it too before jumping to OS4.2

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ChrisH

I will see if I can talk him into upgrading to OS4.1 as I agree it's worlds apart esp after the 4 updates, so much more useful!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Glad you came back, sicky. My story is somewhat similar, only I'm going to hang on to my MacBook Pro. I've enjoyed your posts about your Sam460. Keep 'em coming and keep having fun.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@mbrantley

Thank you, I am discovering new things all the time, such fun

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I have to agree, at first getting the AmigaONE X1000 I thought I be more active in the Amiga community and on the forums more but actually its the opposite I had less time, because I'm just having fun on my new Amiga.

I had even less time recently with a lot happing in my "real" life so I still feel I'm only at the beginning of my journey with OS4. Still have'nt had time to install linux yet or try alot of other stuff on my Amiga. Such as life

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@AmigaNG

I know what you mean, but I had forgot so much needed peoples help, they have been very helpful and couldn't have done it wiithout them

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Agreed, although i haven't had to ask many questions, most of the problems I've had seem to have been answered before on forums and on website, just a quick google search and usually I find the solution, so these community sites have been a god send as with out them I would of had a much less happy Amiga experiences. So thanks guys.

amigang.com
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@AmigaNG

Totally agree with you!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

sicky wrote:
@Antique

Quote:

Looks like I have talked 'Rhino' (Robert Williams) into returning to the Amiga, he has just got his AmigaOne XE down from the loft and fired it up all okay and hoping to upgrade from Amiga OS4.0 to OS4.2 when it's available. He is a friend and editor of our magazine you may remember 'Total Amiga'

Sicky !
Welcome back mate !

I believe we met, way back in '03 at Eyetech's stand at some show or other in the NEC.
Tell Rhino 4.1 u4 works fine in the XE (at least on a G3 it does )

I used to subscribe to that mag - I don't suppose there's any chance of a return !

Avatar: Avro Vulcan - XH558 needs YOU !!
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Quote:

sicky wrote:

Woo-hoo! Perhaps we can expect an update of AmiPodder? I don't use it very often but it can be quite handy (if I could be bothered to keep up-to-date with Podcasts rather than dipping into them now and then, I'd use it a lot more)

PS have you beaten my 3.3 billion score on Slam Tilt yet?

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »