Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
38 user(s) are online (31 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 38

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

MuseScore
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
MuseScore for AmigaOS4 is a reality:

screenshot1

Go to top
Re: MuseScore
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information

AmigaOne X5000
Radeon HD 7700
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Very nice, how about the speed operation in general ?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@samo79

Unusably slow... :-/

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Mmm :-/

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
...and no sound. :-/

I need to fix a few things and then get someone to test on X1000. I hope it is going to be usable in that kind of setting, otherwise I spent my whole weekend in vain...

Also, this is probably a pretty good marker of how other more complex Qt apps (say, Calligra) is going to perform.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Cool.

Looking at wikipedia it supports lilypond

Did you actually port lilypond as part of that?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@broadblues

I don't know about lilypond (and no I didn't port it).

By the way, after a few more tests, it seems a lot more usable when limiting the amount of notes needing to be rendered at all times. Eg. for small projects it is indeed very usable on a 667Mhz SAM.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
lilypond is *the* best notation program I ever used.

The catch is it's a 'programming language' that generates beuatiful music scores, thus not exactly enduser friendly

It's on my todo list so I was hopeful that you'd inadvertantly done it for me

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Rally nice, it rally shows how useful QT can be, I guess some people will also have some use for this application.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:

alfkil wrote:
...and no sound. :-/

I need to fix a few things and then get someone to test on X1000. I hope it is going to be usable in that kind of setting, otherwise I spent my whole weekend in vain...
A weekend spent with your Amiga ... how can that be in vain?

But seriously: Great news, I'm looking forward to trying it out. I'va tried the Linux version on my Debian installation on the X1000, and it felt quite nice, but I have only scratched the surface a bit, not made anything more involved.

I remember at one point giving up (temporarily) because I couldn't work out how to create a two-staff, four part score, like often used for barbershop quartets, or choral hymns. But I guess I'll work it out some day .

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:
broadblues wrote:
lilypond is *the* best notation program I ever used.

The catch is it's a 'programming language' that generates beuatiful music scores, thus not exactly enduser friendly
IIRC, it is used as a sort of backend to MuseScore and/or Denemo, another Linux scoring program, so that the user doesn't have to deal with the actual LilyPond language - almost like a Postscript printer driver (except not Postscript and on a higher abstraction level, of course)? And yes, I also heard lots of praise for it.

Quote:
It's on my todo list so I was hopeful that you'd inadvertantly done it for me
Hopefully having MuseScore ported can urge you to move LilyPond up on your todo list?

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

IIRC, it is used as a sort of backend to MuseScore and/or Denemo, another Linux scoring program, so that the user doesn't have to deal with the actual LilyPond language - almost like a Postscript printer driver (except not Postscript and on a higher abstraction level, of course)? And yes, I also heard lots of praise for it.

Yes, although never got on with any of the GUI's I tried and so learnt to do it by hand,

Once you've got it, it's really powerful createing multipart scores whole orchestration even is not that difficult.

It's needs scheme though. So it woud be a two stage port at least

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Niels

Quote:
A weekend spent with your Amiga ... how can that be in vain?

You are absolutely right, sorry I misspoke
(EDIT: Well acually I spent most of my weekend in Ubuntu, since I was cross compiling... :-/)

Quote:

I remember at one point giving up (temporarily) because I couldn't work out how to create a two-staff, four part score, like often used for barbershop quartets, or choral hymns. But I guess I'll work it out some day .

I can't help you there, but I know it is possible, since the demo example uses more than one part in a single staff.

Go to top

Register To Post