Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
116 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 116

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Pasting from Workbench
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
All of a sudden, I cannot paste into Sylpheed with RA^V from Workbench. For a year or so I have been writing messages in NotePad and transferring them to one of my UseNet groups with a regular Amiga-style copy and paste. Now nothing happens. What could have changed?

Most of the time I did it on my A1. Now it's a SAM460. But I'm sure I've done some successful pasting in the month-and-a-half I've used the SAM excludively.

Come to think of it, I can't paste into Timberwolf either. I wonder if that's related?

Go to top
Re: Pasting from Workbench
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I don't think paste (into the URL space) is supported yet in TimberWolf.

cheers
tony
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kilaueabart
Maybe you need to do some testing to see what isn't working for you. Open a shell window window and enter "list" or "assign". Then highlight some text in the shell window (drag the pointer across some text while holding down the left mouse button) and enter RA^C to copy the text. Enter "CLIP Get" in the shell window and you should see the text that you copied. Depending on the type of text you have copied, you might see a file in ram:clipboards named "0" that contains the text you copied. If that file is there then the text copy worked. If the little test above worked then the problem must be with the programs you are copying from/to.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I thought that the problem with pasting into TimberWolf's URL requester was *probably* one of a number of TimberWolf problems (though I have more of those on the SAM -- e.g. no bookmarks -- than I did on the A1 XE). Too bad, because I find some things that I could do with TimberWolf that mui-owb fails at, and they have long URLs.

But rest assured I wouldn't have questioned the Sylpheed problem had it not worked very well previously without making sure that copy still put things in Clipboards and paste still normally copied them out to most normal programs.

Kilaueabart
A1000 -> A2000 --> AOne XE --> (SAM460ex) & AmigaOne X1000 --> AmigaOne X5000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kilaueabart

Have you tried capturing a snoopy log whilst you cut & paste to see if something somewhere fails?

I assume from your previous comment that the copy from NotePad is working an can be pasted elsewhere just not Slypheed?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

broadblues wrote:
@kilaueabart

Have you tried capturing a snoopy log whilst you cut & paste to see if something somewhere fails?

I hadn't, but it sounded like a good idea, so I wrote a text and started Snoopy. I was a bit shocked to see a constant stream of
Quote:
idesk : o.k. = [exec] OpenDevice("timer.device",0,0x4EE001C0,0x00000000) = 0 [33uS]
go by; seems like a waste of good processor time.
I asked for Failed operations only, copied the text, went to Sylpheed, and successfully pasted it!

That's sort of the story of my SAM460 experience so far. Just because something doesn't work today, it doesn't mean it won't tomorrow, or maybe the next day.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kilaueabart

Could you have had CapsLock enabled? That can stop shortcuts from working sometimes since it turns the letters into uppercase whereas the hotkey might be defined as lowercase only.

Software developer for Amiga OS3 and OS4.
Develops for OnyxSoft and the Amiga using E and C and occasionally C++
Go to top

Register To Post