Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
124 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 124

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: AmigaOS 4.0, my thoughts, your thoughts?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@BillE

Oh! If only Amiga had as many models as Master Howe has guitars! I remember that photo of him in the midst of SOME of his collection!

For those who are brave enough to want to know me better, visit
my Home Page, my Storefront, and blogsey
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Helge

Quote:
I think the future of PPC for high-speed computing lies in the Cell. The PS3 architecture is a very good start. Never say never, Amiga Inc and Hyperion have already spoken positive about the PS3 so it could happen soon.

Fingers crossed. IMO certainly holds good potential, multi-functional, relatively cheap, widespread availability and support.

Soon there will be millions of PS3s in user's hands, due to mass production eventually the price will come down, specs will remain essentially the same for many years to come, maybe over time the PS3 will be hitting 100+ million userbase like the PS1 and PS2 eventually had.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@MikeB

Quote:

MikeB wrote:
@Helge
Fingers crossed. IMO certainly holds good potential, multi-functional, relatively cheap, widespread availability and support.

Imagine if Hyperion releases OS4.0 for the PS3, thousands (millions?) of Amiga-compatible consoles are already there on the market, all ready for OS4. Very different from the AmigaOne situation.

Quote:
Soon there will be millions of PS3s in user's hands, due to mass production eventually the price will come down, specs will remain essentially the same for many years to come, maybe over time the PS3 will be hitting 100+ million userbase like the PS1 and PS2 eventually had.

I think IF the PS3 is able to run OS4, even today's market price of PS3 is ok for most of us. It will be cheaper than AmigaOnes, but MUCH more faster!

AmigaInc. and Hyperion have spoken positive about AmigaOS on PS3. But what will happen next? Is Hyperion allowed to port to PS3? Usually it requires a license and somebody who sells the hardware must apply. Is it realistic that Sony applies for an OS4 license? I think not. So what's the next step?
Both companies can make money from it, so what's the hold-up?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Billsey

Quote:

Billsey wrote:
@tfrieden

I think what's going on here is that people are wishing for something that might illicit a reaction similar to how some people reacted when Yes put out "The Yes Album" back in 1970 or 1971. To wit: "Woah! What is that?!!!

Imho, "Gentle Giant" represents Amiga more correctly. They were killed by music industry (actually the record company they had a contract with). And they were (imho again) more brilliant as a band than Howe, Anderson,Squire, Bruford et al (all are superstars by themselves). Maybe GG were the most brilliant at that time, too brilliant.

Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
Do we not think this thread is drfiting off topic here?

Simon

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Rigo

I dunno---"my thoughts, your thoughts" seems like a pretty open field.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Jack

While I have heard the name of the band, I must confess to never having heard their output, as well as to not knowing who were/are members.

For those who are brave enough to want to know me better, visit
my Home Page, my Storefront, and blogsey
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Rigo

Quote:

Do we not think this thread is drfiting off topic here?

Comparing "Amiga" to "progressive rock" is pretty adequate and on topic imho.
After all both are not that popular and do have a "knack" for these who want something better.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Jack

Edited by Jack on 2007/2/25 12:48:34
Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Off topic:

@Billsey

Quote:

While I have heard the name of the band, I must confess to never having heard their output, as well as to not knowing who were/are members.

Shullman bros, Minear. Conterpoint masters. Give'm a couple of spins, and don't touch the stuff beyond 1976 (there's not a lot of it, there's mostly earlier output)

http://www.gepr.net/ga.html#GENTLEGIANT

Enjoy
Jack

Grrr: how do I manage to use the "url" object to insert a link in AWeb3.5.08 m68k?

Resized Image
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Jack

[ url=here goes your link]Here goes your description[/url ]

Drop the spaces and off ya go

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)