Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
84 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 84

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 28 29 30 (31) 32 33 »
Re: New Games possible?
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Quote:
Its very quiet from afxgroup? Maybe he is working on qt-apps? I hope he will release some new games after AOS 4.2

No i'm doing nothing Amiga related now.. i'm very busy with my real work almost till the end of this year..
I would like to compile something for QT but i need TIME.. and i haven't..

Edited by afxgroup on 2011/10/12 14:29:09
i'm really tired...
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@jeoled

I hope he is working on somethings, latest update from Andrea was in 2010 ..

@kas1e

Thanks, now btanks is ok

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@afxgroup
I m sorry to hear that. I hope you get more time in the future to port more cool games!

AmigaOne X5000
Radeon HD 7700
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
So, I just saw the newest Humble Bundle was out, and while some seem like a little too much, a couple look do-able. The ones that look like thye could be converted are Frozen Synapse (turn bases shooter, looks neat) and Trine (physics based scroller, real nice). Neither of those two have a Linux version yet, through Trine says Linux version coming soon. I think Trine seems totally Amiga like, and would make a great "next gen" amiga game.

http://trine-thegame.com/site/

The main page at humblebundle has all the info on the other new games, but I just saw that and thought it seemed like a good fit, and that it might be enough eye candy without running into issues with shaders & 3d incompatabilities.

http://www.humblebundle.com/

Shadowgrounds there seems really cool too, but I figure maybe too much for the current AOS, but if someone wants to give it a shot, have at it. :)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:
I think Trine seems totally Amiga like

What do you mean?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I mean it has an Amiga gamne look and feel to it. Kinda like Black Lantern (?) from the old days. Has the multiple level 2D scrolling to it like in Shadow of the Beast, and doesn't have too much intense 3D graphics to make porting run into issues with incompatability. I imagine there must be some physics engine underneath the game to port, which could be used for other games perhaps?

Reminds me of Aquarius too.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Trine? Not intense? Have you check it? 1) The platform targeted should support PsyshX engine and 2) It is as intense as it can be for a full blown 2D with stunning visuals (on modern resolutions aka => 1680x1050 of course).

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Micropolis is something cool that may not need more than some GUI code (MUI, Reaction). Cairo is used for the graphics. Finding said code(r) is easier said than done, though.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information

AmigaOne X5000
Radeon HD 7700
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Parsec, last news from 2003: "If you just want to play Parsec you will need to wait a bit longer."

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Ahhh sorry

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information

Dark Orbit looks a bit close.

Chris

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all

I trying to build new version of TeeWorlds (hope they fix all the bugs), and while it runs and works, i not have internet connection on my aos4 for now, so can't test if the network code works. But network code in teeworlds now messy (they add support of ipv6 directly to code, with all those if/else) , so, pretty possible that i broken something in terms of networks code.

So, if someone can download ready to run game, test it in terms of network play and report how badly it crashes or by some luck just works, plz do it.

Here is game

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I've tested.

It works but doesn't refresh the server list so I cannot connect to anything and cannot play.

The music seems to crackle (I tried a lower resolution but still the same).

The game seems to be fun by the way. I hope it'll work.

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quite a few (or a lot of?) ports seem to have trouble with server lists.

I'll test this one today.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@K-L
Ok, thanks for tests

Quote:

The game seems to be fun by the way. I hope it'll work.

I compile one year ago version of that game (on os4depot), and it works (sound/servers), just some servers sometime return trash, and game crashes. So in hope that after 1 year they fix it, i trying to build new versin.

Seems i still do something wrong with networks code, so to be tested/fixed.

@Thematic
In case with TeeWords i on 99% sure that its my fault (as i batching a lot of network-related code to make game works). To be fixed

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Thanks for the update, i didn't test this new one yet, but old version was a bit slow on my SamFlex ...

I'll test this new one and i will tell you

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I started and quit the game many times, changing some of the settings, without reboot. So resource handling seems fine at least upto that menu. I didn't get any server list.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Samo79

Quote:

but old version was a bit slow on my SamFlex

Pretty possible. On my peg2 with 1ghz it feels a bit not very fast in the menu navigation (until everything loads), but game itself very playable and smooth. You can try lower resolutions, maybe will helps on slower machines.

@K-L, Thematic

I reupload new version on the same link, test is plz.

I change audio format from s16 to s16msb, to fix endian sound problems, if that was the reassons for sound crackle. But should to add, that previous version on os4depot, works with s16 as well. Did sam460 and beta-sound driver involved for tests ? Also trying to fix network related code normally.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
Pretty possible. On my peg2 with 1ghz it feels a bit not very fast in the menu navigation (until everything loads), but game itself very playable and smooth. You can try lower resolutions, maybe will helps on slower machines.

Yep this version seems a bit fast in menu but not perfect yet, and this time i get also a freeze during the loading of the server so i didn't try the real game yet! ...

Quote:
I reupload new version on the same link, test is plz.

Ok later i'll try this new snapshot aswell ..

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 28 29 30 (31) 32 33 »