Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
98 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 98

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 »
Re: OS4 netbook!
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

djrikki wrote:
*Everyone replies in Unison*

"Two more weeks...!"

You know, we never actually used that sentence, that was the others.

We say "When it's done"

Seriously, if you do want to contact me write me a mail. You're more likely to get a reply then.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
800 MHZ baby

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Thanks.
I will be ordering at least 1 maxed out unit.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@eliyahu
Thanks.
I here that os 4.1 can run classic apps through emulation is that true?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Nearly everything (including my cell phone) can run classic apps through emulation if you want to, so it would be rather strange if OS 4.x didn't =)

/sorry for the offtop.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Frickin Awesome!

That'll bring new-old-stock users back and perhaps some more who are curious!

Looking forward to the release.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@MaW
I know.
That is not why I want this netbook, Its the fact that Amiga OS is the most robust and stable OS I have found and its a Amiga.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Quote:

tjsooley wrote:

It can run an Amiga emulator to be able to play old games and run old software, this is similar to most platforms (WinUAE for example). But it can also run "system-friendly" applications seamlessly by just emulating the 68000 CPU. So it's down to how the app was written. For example, I use AmiBlitz the whole time on OS4.1, but it's actually an OS3.x application.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

Daedalus wrote:
Quote:

tjsooley wrote:

It can run an Amiga emulator to be able to play old games and run old software, this is similar to most platforms (WinUAE for example). But it can also run "system-friendly" applications seamlessly by just emulating the 68000 CPU. So it's down to how the app was written. For example, I use AmiBlitz the whole time on OS4.1, but it's actually an OS3.x application.

Thanks

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
RodTerl has this to say about the Amiga Netbook, and I totally agree!!!

Quote:
Um, have things got so bad, that even a machine with a THOUSAND TIMES the Raw CPU power of an A500/A2000 Classic is being worried over if it can handle TEXT? @.@

Lets be gernaous, and say it has only One Hundred times the code throughput of an A500 or A1200, given the increase is so great as to essentially place the older machines the same point, what would you love to be able to do on an A1200 with 100 Times the CPU throughput?

MP3?. CDXL (Youtube) resolution streaming video, web page JPEG decode? Or is it the Javascript engine run speed thats the problem, the layer on layer of CSS, script on script on script? Does Javascript use a JIT compiler model?

Can Javascript be compiled into nateive code or intemediate bytecode, then cached for future access to repeatable websites?

Can the idea of Gpatch and other code insertion methods on runtime be used to improve web page rendering? Or are these methods too close to Viruses?

Can a 400 Mhz netbook do more than a P3 500 PC with a Voodoo 3graphics card? Then its a matter of US companies abusing websites by overcoding them, not the limitations of the netbook.

Comment source.

P.S. What's REALLY important is, what's it called???

Support Amiga Fantasy cases!!!
How to program: 1. Start with lots and lots of 0's. 10. Add 1's, liberally.
"Details for OS 5 will be made public in the fourth quarter of 2007, ..." - Bill McEwen
Whoah!!! He spoke, a bit late.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I am hoping 800mhz 400mhz just doesn't seem enough to push timber wolf and blender.
But then again my amiga one G4 Xe moves along quite well with a slow AGP slot LOL.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
acording to here http://amigax.com/
It will be the limepc

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
It's only a speculation based on guesses on forums and the fact that LimePC is like only option. Nothing that hasn't been said earlier.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Battery? Do we know the type of battery used and how long it lasts running OS4?

I say 800MHz but not in lime green!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I'd just like to take this opportunity to say Hello and Welcome to all the new people who have recently joined Amigans. :)

Please don't forget to visit the new official AmigaOS website and share it with your friends.

http://www.amigaos.net

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:
It can run an Amiga emulator to be able to play old games and run old software, this is similar to most platforms (WinUAE for example).

Except that with RunInUAE added to AmigaOS4, it can be as simple as double-clicking on an old game for it to be run inside emulation (no messing about with configuration, etc).

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Anonymous
Stephen Solie AmiWest speech with new AmigaOS (4.2) features and nettop announcemnt now on YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfdPs8LMM1c
Trevor Dickinson AmiWest speech about X1000
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PdywsoOPmI

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
This is THE "break out" moment for AOS4.x and ANYONE that wants to try out AOS4.x CAN (soon) now!!!!

I don't think anyone asked; most netbook computers have built in video cameras, does this one?

Also, there are features I'd like to have but I don't really have a "deal breaker" over this netbook, except for "the more expensive it is, the less I'll buy, and at any price the minimum is 2".

Support Amiga Fantasy cases!!!
How to program: 1. Start with lots and lots of 0's. 10. Add 1's, liberally.
"Details for OS 5 will be made public in the fourth quarter of 2007, ..." - Bill McEwen
Whoah!!! He spoke, a bit late.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Well it's not so "soon"... although for Amiga world it indeed might be.. hmm

Show must go on! :D
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in