Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
87 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 87

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 8 »
Re: OS4 netbook!
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
19 anonymous readers.. wow.. thats unusual

@tfrieden

"One thing I would like to add:

- It's NOT used Mac hardware"

Hahaha, thats why I love amigans.net over AW a lot of the time.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Just waiting for the news to appear on OSNews and then am off to mass share the link on Facebook.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@friedens

If it can run youtube and good at browsing it can sell to no amigans aswell. At that price they're atleast interested.

X5000
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
This is fantastic news indeed, a definite must-buy for me! Considering the constant travelling that my job requires, an OS4-capable netbook would give me an opportunity to develop software when I'm away from home. No more boring nights in an unfriendly hotel!

Hyperion - AEON - whoever is behind this, you guys rock and we all love you!

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Trixie

+1 :)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information

Looks like they got it very wrong at OS News. You can't buy an Amigaone at Amikit, only at Amigakit.

Chris

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Let's hope the guys behind Amikit will redirect the potential buyers to AmigaKit.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Quote:

KimmoK wrote:
I think it will be like lime z9.
800MIPS CPU (400Mhz, no L2), 512M RAM.
Good as a netbook.

Absolutely. First option, the netbook will be derived from the Lime Z9. Second option, as all features depends on the SoC, it could be created from the 5121 ADS development board. I think I did read it is based on an existing product so it is certainly the first option.
In both cases, it will be "like Lime Z9".

It seems that some features will be updated, because my Lime Z9 has only 256 MB and a 9" screen. 12" will me better and will allow to have a decent keyboard. I would love if a touchscreen would be chosen.

Note that the Lime Z9 runs a Ubuntu based OS ... with a weird UI. It is rather reactive so I think OS4 will run well.

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
AFAIK, there has been no official confirmation that the screen size will be 12".

Simon

Comments made in any post are personal opinion, and are in no-way representative of any commercial entity unless specifically stated as such.
----
http://codebench.co.uk
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@rigo

I'm 90% certain he mentioned 12". It was 6am but still.

X5000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
It's in the transcript, not quite official but still...

Go to top
Anonymous

That is quite common mistake -AmiKit (emulation pack) and AmigaKit web shop, but please contact OS news to adress it.

400Mhz PPC is way better then Classics, but no good for Blender or any future heavyweight OS 4 app or OS 3.x games emulation (even with JIT). So best we can hope is Timberwolf will work OK (as well as MUI OWB) as well as some 68k apps and multimedia OS 4 apps (optimized DVD playback that uses that 3D chip would be great!)

Don`t get me wrong - it is a GREAT News especially it will be cheapest new AmigaOS 4 machine, and it will run OS 4.1u4/5 or OS 4.2. Wi Fi is a must as announced, and having GPU used to accel OS / video playback would be benefitial for this nice little thing. As well as FAT32/NTFS USB read/write.

Yes, that would be great, having OS 4 netbook - nicest commercial for OS ever and possibility to take Amiga Anywhere (not some AmigaInc jokes!)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Today this whole news made me wonder. What if.... Bill McEwen would have been either Ben Hermans or Trevor Dickinson... where would Amiga have been today? I mean, these guys had the guts to pick up the gauntlet and started developing / producing. I'm happy this is happening now but it would be so nice if it would have happened a decade ago.

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
If it wasn't for Bill McEwen and his legal case against Hyperion, it could have happened years before.

Simon

Comments made in any post are personal opinion, and are in no-way representative of any commercial entity unless specifically stated as such.
----
http://codebench.co.uk
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Rigo

Dang straight! 110%

Chris

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@rigo

Well, it's really good to see that os4 is on the right track and moving. This cheap portable being one of the biggest and best news. Almost got blasted away when solie announced that. And the nice part is that i said this to a friend of mine, told him the price. And he said.... Maybe a machien for me?? So if it can do youtube and normal web browsing and some sinple/small graphics editing stuff. Then you've got a new os4 user.

X5000
Go to top
Anonymous

What if.... Bill McEwen would have been either Ben Hermans or Trevor Dickinson... where would Amiga have been today?

We would likely be stuck with a lot of promises

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:
Rigo wrote:
If it wasn't for Bill McEwen and his legal case against Hyperion, it could have happened years before.
And if it wasn't for Herr Schmidt and the Gateway dweebs, we might even have had an AmiPad a decade before the iPad.

But this is all water under the bridge, and seeing what is currently happening and what's being announced to happen next is truly amazing.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

Yawwwwwwnnnnn!

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 8 »