Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
106 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 106

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3) 4 »
Re: Video editing software bounty?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

TSK wrote:
@Hans
Quote:
where is the avcodec.library source-code kept?

Csaba "Chip" Simon made it. I'm wondering is he part of Amiga community any more ?

Yes, but it's LGPL, so chip has to make the source-code available. If the code isn't in a public repository, then someone should ask him for it. We don't want to lose that code, and if he isn't working on it anymore, then at least the code would be there for someone else to take over.

I haven't seen or heard anything from chip on the Amiga forums for years.

Quote:
Isn't avformat needed to handle containers as well ?! Encoders could be inside avcodec. Also if graphics.library or P96 library could handle YUV420P and other needed colour formats then we wouldn't need swscale library at all.

Yes, avformat is needed as well, which would have to be included. I've just updated the bounty description to make that clear. Ideally, we'd have one library and all of the formats and all codecs would be plugins. However, I'd be happy if we had two separate libraries that work well. I've added the option to add the encoders to the avcodec.library to the bounty; it's up to whoever wants to take it on.

Regarding YUV420P, P96's overlay can handle it, at least since the last update to AmigaOS 4.1 (I can't remember exactly when it was introduced). However, the Radeon HD driver doesn't support overlay yet, and you always need a fallback. Scaling can be done efficiently using CompositeTags, so it's just the conversion from YUV420P to RGBA that needs to be done separately.

Quote:
Btw. Where's the source of the latest libffmpeg port ?

No idea.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
there doesn't even appear to be devs files (includes etc) for avcodec.library on either aminet or os4depot

Without those you can't even replicate the original....

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

broadblues wrote:
there doesn't even appear to be devs files (includes etc) for avcodec.library on either aminet or os4depot

Without those you can't even replicate the original....

DvPlayer uses the avcodec.library, so Stephen Fellner (a.k.a Cobra) should have the necessary dev files. IIRC, he used his own video format demuxers, so the avcodec.library may be just the decoders at present. No idea really, but if that's true, then I'd really like to see a full libavcodec shared library (or split into multiple libraries as already discussed).

Anyway, if nobody except Chip has the source-code, then now would be a good time for someone to contact him.

Hans

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

Tuxedo wrote:
Really nice idea!
But I will donate only if the program have visual editing GUI with video thumbs timeline(so a reather modern GUI).
I think that with avcodec.library that wasnt so hard to do...

Just to be celar of what I've in mind, the video editor shipped with WindowsXP was a rather perfect goal to achieve(maybe a bit simpler but not so much)...

Yes I agree with you on this I would like something like iMovie of course scaled to what works best with AmigaOS and available hardware, video editing on this level is an essential suite for modern computing these days. I must say with USB camera devices these days we will badly need USB2.0 speed in update 3 cause it would be painful transferring your newly captured video over for editing at USB1.0 speed

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Thread

Diego "diegocr" Casorran has the source code of avcodec.libarry. He updated it already. I don't know the current status though.
I'll now tell him about the bounty.

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

I've just updated the bounty description to make that clear. Ideally, we'd have one library and all of the formats and all codecs would be plugins. However, I'd be happy if we had two separate libraries that work well. I've added the option to add the encoders to the avcodec.library to the bounty; it's up to whoever wants to take it on.

@Hans

Diego allready worked on it, with the Cbasa source.

Diego will take the bounty (In fact, I have myself wrote a bounty description about avcodec.library, months ago).

He now know this thread (mail send) and he will surely post here soon.

We hope that Update3 will help to give allways the exact output error when development problem came (no more the feeze only case).

A1200+Mediator+VooDoo3+060/50+96mo+IIYAMA 17"+CD,CDRW,ZIP SCSI-KIT
SAM440EP on Mapower 3000+AOS4.1

Amiga Docs Disk Preservation Project
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Ok thanks.

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Elwood & Mrodfr
Nice to know somebody's already working on it. Could he add that avformat part as well ? Swscale is needed as well.

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

Mrodfr wrote:

Diego allready worked on it, with the Cbasa source.

Good to hear. Diego is obviously 10 steps ahead of the rest of us.

Quote:
Diego will take the bounty (In fact, I have myself wrote a bounty description about avcodec.library, months ago).

I did a search before adding my bounty suggestion, but I completely missed your one.

Quote:
We hope that Update3 will help to give allways the exact output error when development problem came (no more the feeze only case).

Redirecting debug output to serial and using a null-modem cable is usually the best tool when it comes to stuff that locks up the machine.

Hans

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

I did a search before adding my bounty suggestion, but I completely missed your one.

I have done a bounty but I have never posted the bounty on the site. Because Diego want to wait to know if he is sure or not to complete the project.

I have seen that you have posted yesterday a bounty. Thanks Hans. I will give this information to Diego.

- The goal for us is to update, add more decoders and optmimize avcodec.library for our amigas, with cbasa source based. IMHO, creating an avdecoder.library should be made from scratch (hard work).

If the bounty goes well, maybe Diego will think also about this library, I don't know. If not, another bounty for an updated avcodec.libary should maybe be made also.

Diego theorically has asked a loaned NG hardware recently for avcodec.library. He has planned to buy an X1000 when available. This fact is linked with the avcodec.library development.

A1200+Mediator+VooDoo3+060/50+96mo+IIYAMA 17"+CD,CDRW,ZIP SCSI-KIT
SAM440EP on Mapower 3000+AOS4.1

Amiga Docs Disk Preservation Project
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Will be nice to have Diego in the os4 family :)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Kicko

Agree

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Who is Diego?

X5000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
328gts:

FYI "YOMGUI" from Morphzone, a Morphos dev who did the ports of Blender3d and Python for Morphos has the Video editing aspects of Blender 3d working in a beta state! I think he even had it working with morphos Firewire driver for Capture!!!

@ Hans

Quote:
Before I got sidetracked into updating MiniGL and working on graphics drivers, I was working on creating a new video base datatype with modern features (multiple codec support, hifi multi-track audio, multiple video tracks, etc.). My ultimate goal was to write an AmigaOS video editor that used the datatypes for decoding and encoding. I still have the code, but no time to work on it. If someone with suitable expertise wants to take over, I would consider opening up the code.

Very cool of you. I tell you what OS4 effort is very lucky to have a coder of your caliber on the team. I admire your professionalism.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

magnetic wrote:
328gts:

FYI "YOMGUI" from Morphzone, a Morphos dev who did the ports of Blender3d and Python for Morphos has the Video editing aspects of Blender 3d working in a beta state! I think he even had it working with morphos Firewire driver for Capture!!!

I have been doing video editing on my A1 with OS4 using Blender since a couple of months :) The problems is that Blender seems to run too slow on some systems, or not at all because of lack of 3D drivers.

Varthall

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Antique

Quote:
Who is Diego?

Diego is a real porting legend. See his work on Amiga.sf.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
He is also the AmiGift author

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I was thinking for quite a while to add video tracks to HD-Rec. That would be a fully featured editor and would allow complex audio editing.
However, the idea always suffered from a usable decoder/encoder library. It doesnt need to suport all codecs in the world, but some common ones for decoding and for encoding a fast, high-quality one plus a "release" one, like mpeg4.

Resized Image

I have alreay written a couple of effects:

Resized Image

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Mrodfr

Please tell Diego that we have a loaner system at his disposal if he wants to take on the bounty (once it's opened).

Bounty site for AmigaOS4! www.amigabounty.net
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Could Diego join amigans.net ?

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3) 4 »