Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
110 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 108

sailor, Georg, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: E-UAE amigfx update
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
OK it's looking like it'll be ready for a release in 24 hours.

You can always PM me if you really want it earlier, but i've filled it with debug output to the shell and haven't fully tested it yet.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Until I add capsimage.device support to the SDL version (it is already in the official version by the way) and upload both amigfx/sdl versions to OS4Depot, the AMIGFX version with .ipf support and screenmode switching (lctrl+lalt+S) can be downloaded from [removed]

Edit: On OS4Depot now.

Edited by MickJT on 2011/7/26 15:47:49
Edited by MickJT on 2011/7/29 20:21:37
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MickJT

The one of the main reassons why i use only SDL version, was that in amigfx version swithing beetwen windows and full-screen not works. Good that you fix that.

Also i remember there was a bit bad handling of "open a file" (that one which calls by ctrl+f1/f2/f3/f4 if i remember right). With SDL version, it give nice and good looking requester, while with amigfx version it spawn some ugly and bad looking requesters. Maybe you can have a look at this to replace it with "modern" code ?

Anyway, keep it up, if Rachy will success with Jit, then you with his help can add it to your builds , and our uae will have second life :)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Just an idea, how about replacing the slower UAE version used in EasyUAE GUI with this "amigfx" version ? (that it's quite fast and stable)

I think that once we have JIT ready we can implement it directly over amigfx, and then if we will be able to add the EasyUAE GUI on top of it ...

Well we will have at the end a sort of WinUAE

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
EasyUAE is slow? That is AMIGFX too (perhaps it wasn't before 1.5?). I'll have to run it again and compare.

If you download the e-uae source, you'll also find a MUIRexx GUI that can be used with any version, though it has issues and crashes.

As for requesters, it's never bothered me if they look ugly. I'd need to see some example code for other requesters. As some people may know, i'm decent at code manipulation, but not coding in any modern language. I barely understand any of it.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

The file requesters are standard ASL requesters. It's controlled by the GUI settings in SYS:Preferences/, you can open up "Screens" and go to "Insert open screen", add "UAE" then edit settings there.

However, it seems that because e-uae changes the screen palette, it affects the colours of the requester. I could put the requester on the workbench screen always, but I personally wouldn't like that. You can get close to the right look if you muck about in the "Screens" utility.

If you make e-uae use a public screen instead of a custom screen, and set up that screen in the Screen utility, and set it to open automatically, then it will run in that screen in a window, with correct colours (assuming you've set you've set up the GUI tab properly).

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@MickJT

SDL version is way slower in fact, but there are games which are not demanding and will work fine with both SDL and AmiGFX (like the first turrican for example).
Using this same game with both version I get the perfecttly smooth scrolling (with no screen tearing either) under SDL, (same with other non-demanding games) while AmiGFX never reach such perfect results under any condition (it gets very good, but never perfect).
My guess is that when using the SDL version on a powerful HW the list of perfectly working games should grow exponentially with the system power, thus a Sam440EP might only play Turrican 1 smooth (and a few more), a Flex800Mhz will add a few titles to the list, a Sam460EX even more, and hopefully the x1000 will nail them all.
Granted I'm always talking about using a native 150hz 320x256 mode (non-doublescanned) on a CRT, if we talk LCD, there is no way to get such perfect results with any of the current versions.

SamFlex Complete System + AmigaOS4.1 Update 4
Amiga 2000 GVP GForce-040 Picasso II AmigaOS3.9 BB2
Amiga CD-32
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
OK.

I just noticed, after all this time, that the issue with AGA games not working on 8bit screens is also present in the SDLGFX version. I know I said in the .readme that it's fine with SDLGFX, but I mustn't have tested properly.

Looking through custom.c, it seems that the AGA colour tables are only set up in the alloc_colors64k() function. I'm going to assume it's by design.

I don't have to time to try fixing something that might not even be fixable anyway.

I also noticed a weird issue with my SDLGFX w/ driveclick sounds build. If you specifically disable floppy sounds (even though they're disabled by default anyway), then for some crazy reason, it doesn't use rawkeys, so the hotkey modifier becomes F12 instead of lctrl+lalt

Also, when loading Deluxe Galaga, even though it's just 1 disk, the 2nd disk drive makes a couple of click noises while the game is loading in the beginning.

Not particularly concerned. Not a show stopper, but i'll do some more testing to make sure it's not going to cause any other problems.

Edit: Deluxe Galaga loads the Workbench before running the game. It's the Workbench that causing the drive clicking (but not in AMIGFX for some reason). Once the game starts, the clicking stops. You can also insert a disk into the second drive.

Edited by MickJT on 2011/7/26 20:59:42
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
The driveclick issue was actually present in the AMIGFX version too, with a different symptom. If certain lines in .uaerc were in a specific order, then having floppy1sound=1 meant the amiga.screen_type option was ignored.

So, some sort of memory trashing.

I did a crude fix by increasing the dfxclick array by 4 in options.h, and adding +4 to where-ever it read from position 0-3 in the array.

dfxclick[3] becomes dfxclick[7] etc.

Couldn't see anything that would cause that problem, though.

If all goes to plan, new versions will be up on OS4Depot within a couple of hours.

Edit (June '14): The root cause of that problem was not applying -DDRIVESOUND everywhere. I had been adding it to two of the Makefiles, but that wasn't enough. Alternatively DRIVESOUND can be defined in src/sysconfig.h

Edited by MickJT on 2014/6/29 16:21:07
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@DAX

AMIGFX doesn't have vsync. I think that's the smoothness issue you're referring to.

I don't know how to add it either. Perhaps Rachy could add it to the JIT version he's making? I'll ask.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
New versions on OS4Depot.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Thanks a lot

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MickJT

Just as idea: maybe add Cyborg's GUI to your builds as well ? Also as i remember, Cyborg fix lately some code in the EUAE which make SDL halts on exit (with his latest gui-for-uae release). It was some bug in ahi-related code or kind.. Maybe it worth of worring to add everything to your builds , and so, we all will know what EUAE builds are the best and have all what users need.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Is there source for that? His build uses AMIGFX, not SDL. I think maybe his earlier EasyUAE releases may have used SDL, but not anymore.

I think he'd rather update that build merging in my changes, than give me his GUI source (of which i'm not 100% sure if he's meant to have released the code, or made available).

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ MickJT: thx for your efforts.

I was wondering whether our good old joysticks would be supported through the 4-players parallele adaptater on amigaone and also it seems to be recognized when starting E-UAE, it fails at detecting button press and direction.
I can wildly guess it is amigainput fault not recognising the adaptater and the joystick connected and indeed nothing shows up in amigainput prefs (all pci_bla says not found).

here is the output :
E-UAE 0.8.29
Build date: Mar 7 2010 20:38:46
Found joystick #0 (AI ID=24320) 'PCI_sblive_hornet' with 2 axes, 8 buttons
Found 1 joysticks
Opening cfgfile '.uaerc'...okay.
unknown config entry: 'sound_max_buff=8192'
EClock frequency:33.333333 MHz
Rexx port "UAE" installed.
No disk in drive 0.
Resetting frame rate hack
Building CPU table for configuration: 68020
1866 CPU functions
Building CPU function table, 45674 opcodes (2 0 0).
Resetting frame rate hack
AMIGFX: Using a 16-bit true-colour display.
Sound driver found and configured for 16 bits mono at 22050 Hz, buffer is 5028 bytes (ahi.device)
reset at 0
PAL mode, 50Hz (h=227 v=312)
chipmem cleared
Failed to acquire joy
Failed to acquire joy
SERIAL: period=372, baud=9600, hsyncs=16 PC=f8018a
B-Trap f201 at 00f80ca0 (0x64b6cca8)
Fastcard: mapped @$200000: 4MB fast memory
Card 1 (ZorroII) done.
Filesystem: mapped memory @$e90000.
Card 2 (ZorroII) done.
PAL mode, 50Hz (h=227 v=311)
Mounting uaehf.device 0 (0):
FS: mounted virtual unit hda1 (JH0:WB31-base)
FS: Workbench starting..
FILESYS: UNKNOWN PACKET 1f
Failed to acquire joy
reset at f81466
B-Trap f201 at 00f80ca0 (0x64b6cca8)
Fastcard: mapped @$200000: 4MB fast memory
Card 1 (ZorroII) done.
Filesystem: mapped memory @$e90000.
Card 2 (ZorroII) done.
Mounting uaehf.device 0 (0):
FS: mounted virtual unit hda1 (JH0:WB31-base)
B-Trap ffb9 at 0000836a (0x64964372)
Illegal instruction: 4afc at 0001507a -> 0001507c
Failed to acquire joy
B-Trap ffb9 at 0000836a (0x64964372)
Illegal instruction: 190e at 00004008 -> 0001bb8a
Illegal instruction: 4159 at 000034ae -> 0001bb8a
Failed to acquire joy

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Please note that Cyborg's GUI is incompatible with RunInUAE, due to the way it handles E-UAE being given 2 config files.... although I think this would probably be easy to fix.

I did let Cyborg know, but I'm not aware of him fixing the issue.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@All

How can I disable this drive click sound.
floppyXsound=0 doesn't work.

Thanks.

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
It's disabled by default. Just don't put floppy0sound or anything of the sort in there.

Are you using RunInUAE? If so, then that is generating the floppy sounds for you (it comes with a few .wav files). You should be able to disable those too.

I think RunInUAE will do this even if you've just started e-uae from the shell. Quit RunInUAE altogether and double-check.

If you still have issues, please PM me, as I would like to get to the bottom of this, instead of hearing nothing from you, as happens all too often in other threads by other people on other forums relating to computer troubles.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Doh, it's a new setting of RunInUAE. I disabled it now. Thanks.

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
No probs!

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)