Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
108 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 108

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
Feb. 2006 Prokom SA bought some Amiga Inc. shares
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
According to the annual report of Prokom (polish company), the company bought 800 000 shares (i.e. 2,3% of all assets) of Amiga Inc. (USA). They paid 2,5 USD per each share. Among the company's achievements is the creation of a universal operating system platform enabling software IT applications to function in all kinds of mobile devices irrespective of their type and vendor. Prokom Software SA intends to cooperate with Amiga Inc. for instance in the distribution of Amiga Inc. system among polish software and mobile equipment vendors.

Link to the 2005 report (english)

ssolie: Added date information which was conspiculously missing.

Edited by ssolie on 2007/2/8 1:28:23
Go to top
Re: Prokom SA buys some of Amiga Inc. shares
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@mailman

Thats $2Million dollars for a 2.3% stake

Does that make amiga inc worth $87Million ???

A1XE, A1200T, X1000, X5020, CDTV, CD32 , A500+ A500
OS4.1b / OS3.2b
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@mailman

I thought Amiga Inc was a privately owned company ?

Are we nearly there yet ?
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Jurassicc

Quote:

That's quite a lot!

I had not thought that Amiga Inc. was so big. They must be doing better recently when they are worth that much.
It would be nice if McEwen would now pay all salaries that are still outstanding. Billsey has sent me an audio file where he admitted that the company had gone through hell and back some years ago. He seems to be much more honest than everybody thinks!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Outcast

Also privately owned companies can issue shares.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Outcast

Quote:
thought Amiga Inc was a privately owned company ?

Hyperion is privately owned company? (VOF)

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Helge

Now if they continue to invest they might get some control over Amiga Inc, now that?s a nice idea.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@mailman

Quote:

mailman wrote:
According to the annual report of Prokom (polish company), the company bought 800 000 shares (i.e. 2,3% of all assets) of Amiga Inc. (USA).

Link to the report (english)

I can't find anything about the shares being bought in the document you link to.
Besides, that is the 2005 report (?!?!)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@NTN

The whole operation was finalized in February 2006. More info in this document from London Stock Exchange.

Besides, that is the 2005 report (?!?!)

So what? It just proves that Amiga Inc. were in cooperation with Prokom even earlier.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Jurassicc

Quote:
Thats $2Million dollars for a 2.3% stake

Of course not, it just means they found a clueless investor again they could make believe it would be worth that much. This one seems to be about AmigaAnywhere, but they even managed to sell 5% based solely on AmigaOS4, which they don't even own, for 1 million US$ to another investor ...
Amiga Inc. is quite good at selling castles in the air , but that seems to be the only thing they are able to do.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@joerg

Quote:

joerg wrote:
@Jurassicc

This one seems to be about AmigaAnywhere, but they even managed to sell 5% based solely on AmigaOS4, which they don't even own, for 1 million US$ to another investor ...
Amiga Inc. is quite good at selling castles in the air , but that seems to be the only thing they are able to do.

How do you know all this? If you don't have any insider information about the ownership of AmigaOS4, you are only speculating or guessing.
Bill McEwen has publically stated that they have executed the buyback-clause in 2003. Moreover, Hyperion have only been contracted to work on OS4. I don't think Hyperion owns AmigaOS4.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Helge

He surely knows who has the ownership of some parts of OS4, namely those written by him (like I know mine).

I don't think it's a castle in the air what they sold for the simple reason that Prokom bought the stocks after being partner with AInc for one year.
So Prokom must know AInc a little bit (unless they're really dumb).

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@NTN

Quote:

NTN wrote:
@Helge

He surely knows who has the ownership of some parts of OS4, namely those written by him (like I know mine).

If these are add-ons to OS4 that don't belong to the core operation system, like tools and other stuffs, then you are right I think.
The operation system itself is in the hands of Amiga Inc.
They contracted Hyperion and not the external developers to develop Os4. They also granted Hyperion the right to use and modify the source code that Amiga Inc. owns. It is clear that some external parties may only grant an object code license or restrict some rights granted to Hyperion.
But in general, Amiga Inc. owns OS4. I am not even talking about the implications of the buyback clause, when Hyperion has to transfer all source code, interest, title and IP to OS4 to Amiga Inc. This even includes all enhancements made to it!

I read there are already discussions about this, so let's better wait and see what comes out! In any case it needs to happen quick!

Quote:
I don't think it's a castle in the air what they sold for the simple reason that Prokom bought the stocks after being partner with AInc for one year.
So Prokom must know AInc a little bit (unless they're really dumb).

After reading the documents it becomes clear to us that they didn't buy any shares from Amiga Inc.
They bought them from ITEC LLC.

Can somebody explain what ITEC is about?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Helge

Quote:

If these are add-ons to OS4 that don't belong to the core operation system, like tools and other stuffs, then you are right I think.

I suppose you've authoritative sources to back this claim.

Quote:

They contracted Hyperion and not the external developers to develop Os4. They also granted Hyperion the right to use and modify the source code that Amiga Inc. owns. It is clear that some external parties may only grant an object code license or restrict some rights granted to Hyperion.
But in general, Amiga Inc. owns OS4.

Again, how come you're so sure of that ?

Quote:
I am not even talking about the implications of the buyback clause, when Hyperion has to transfer all source code, interest, title and IP to OS4 to Amiga Inc. This even includes all enhancements made to it!

I read there are already discussions about this, so let's better wait and see what comes out! In any case it needs to happen quick!

Funny. First you affirm, without any doubt, that AInc owns OS4, then you back off and say "let's wait".

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Helge

Quote:
How should that be possible? Do you have any insider information that they stole the sources?
Or do you only mean AmigaOS <= 3.9 (3.5 and 3.9 only partially)?

Even if the buyback clause would have been activated, which isn't the case according to Hyperion, the updated parts they'll get back are quite useless without the other parts of AmigaOS4.
Oh, sorry, I forgot that they don't need any of that since they have the much better "OS5" already (even if it doesn't have a kernel ), just like they had AmigaOS 4.0 completed already in 2001, before any work on it was even started, On Schedule and Rockin', ROTFL.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Helge

Quote:

After reading the documents it becomes clear to us that they didn't buy any shares from Amiga Inc.
They bought them from ITEC LLC.

Can somebody explain what ITEC is about?

Prokom bought shares from ITEC LLC. Amiga Inc. directly didn't sell anything. ITEC LLC had a stake of Amiga Inc. shares and he sold it to Prokom. ITEC LLC was a shareholder and after buying shares by Prokom the latter is now a shareholder.

I think it makes sense ;)

Who is ITEC LLC? ITEC LLC is a company which Bill McEwen mentioned when answering 25 questions in September (question 2).

Go to top
Re: Feb. 2006 Prokom SA bought some Amiga Inc. shares
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@mailman

You know, I wouldn't mind buying some shares in Amiga Inc. myself.

FuZion.

Go to top
Re: Feb. 2006 Prokom SA bought some Amiga Inc. shares
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@FuZion

I guess most of people would :) Including myself.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@mailman

ITEC LLC, to go back a ways, is the company that owns/owned KMOS, who bought the Amiga. Inc. that was the iteration formed by Amino Development changing their name to Amiga, Inc. after having made the deal with Gateway2000 to buy certain Amiga-related interests from Gateway2000. KMOS bought Amiga, Inc. before changing their own name to Amiga, Inc.

I might have some details a bit mixed up, but that's the essence of it.

For those who are brave enough to want to know me better, visit
my Home Page, my Storefront, and blogsey
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Billsey

Yes, but all this means that ITEC didn't sell everything to KMOS (or rather KMOS didn't buyout ITEC). This seems a bit on the contrary to what Bill McEwen said.

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »