Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
114 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 113

flash, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 6 7 8 (9) 10 11 12 ... 20 »
Re: Qt Native News
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Menus: CHECK!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Very good Alfkil, when we can be able to try ?

Can't wait for new menus

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Just be aware, that my implementation is not foolproof, fx. the mutual exclusion part only works under certain conditions, and of course there is only one level of submenus.

And also it seems, that multiple selection of menu entries doesn't spawn multiple intuimessages, which means that checking and unchecking items with right mouse down is going to mess up the system. Nothing I can do about it I'm afraid.

Note that the menus come out in black, I don't why I can't make them look like the Workbench menus, for some reason that's how GadTools put them out. The same problem in my Termie app...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Mmm so it seems it's the time to ask the core developers to improve OS4 (GadTools = Massimo Tantignone ?) to be able to use such modern framework "more natively" as possible :-/

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alfkil
From other side, AmiFIG which i port from aros fully gadtools based and seems works fine (i remember there was something related to some ugly-default menu look, but yannick somehow fix it later). Imho need try to ask on os4coding.net (qt topic some of developers can not visit too offten).

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Quote:
And also it seems, that multiple selection of menu entries doesn't spawn multiple intuimessages, which means that checking and unchecking items with right mouse down is going to mess up the system. Nothing I can do about it I'm afraid.

Usually there is some sort of loop through to collect all the menu events for multi-select.

Quote:

Note that the menus come out in black, I don't why I can't make them look like the Workbench menus, for some reason that's how GadTools put them out. The same problem in my Termie app...

You need GTMN_NewLookMenus tag in your LayoutMenus call.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:
Usually there is some sort of loop through to collect all the menu events for multi-select.

How does that work? Does it have something to do with the "SpecialLink" item??

Quote:
You need GTMN_NewLookMenus tag in your LayoutMenus call.

Ok, thanks a lot!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@alfkil

Quote:

And also it seems, that multiple selection of menu entries doesn't spawn multiple intuimessages

Are you doing something like this in your event loop?

struct MenuItem *menuItem = NULL;
uint32 menuNumber = 0;

case WMHI_MENUPICK:

menuNumber = (result & WMHI_MENUMASK);
while (menuNumber != MENUNULL)
{
menuItem = IIntuition->ItemAddress(window->MenuStrip, menuNumber);
if ( !menuItem ) break;
switch ((uint32) GTMENUITEM_USERDATA(menuItem))
{

/* Handle your menu codes here */

} /* switch */

menuNumber = menuItem->NextSelect;
} /* while */

break;

The important stuff for multiselect handling is the last line in the while block. You may want to refer to the appropriate section of the RKRM here.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@trixie

No I'm not... And I'm not sure I understand completely...

Apparently this has to do with the Reaction Window class, no?
Currently I'm not using the Window class, just IIntuition->OpenWindowTags. Does that make your solution possible?

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Quote:

alfkil wrote:
@trixie

No I'm not... And I'm not sure I understand completely...

Apparently this has to do with the Reaction Window class, no?
Currently I'm not using the Window class, just IIntuition->OpenWindowTags. Does that make your solution possible?

No, it's the same pretty much. I'm glad trixie posted that as I couldn't remember exactly how the loop needed to work

To requote, this is the important line:
menuNumber = menuItem->NextSelect;

You should already have code getting your menuNumber/menuItem - menuNumber is the code part of the IntuiMessage IIRC (please check that, it's been years since I've had to write any menu event handling code)

edit this is my version:
'code' comes from RA_HandleInput but I think it's the same as the code part of the IntuiMessage.
case WMHI_MENUPICK:

item ItemAddress(win->MenuStrip,code);
                    while (
code != MENUNULL)
                    {
                        [
handle menu item]

code item->NextSelect;
                    }

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@alfkil
Quote:

Yes, the menu multiselect handling is the same for ReAction as well as the regular Intuition windows. Just go through this chapter of the RKRM to read more about it. You can also find some menu examples in the RKRM that show you how to do event handling with menu multiselect.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alfkil
Any idea when (or if) you will be removing the need for a "special" version of MiniGL? Is it a low or high priority?

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ChrisH

High as hell, but I don't know how to do it...

EDIT: Well, actually it is safe to use the public version with most apps, just not those that use QGLWidgets directly.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alkil
Common , we monitor 2 days the site, and when i see "alfkil" online, i in hope that "aha, now he write some new cool posts in qt-thread" , bring it on ! :))

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Mmm that's funny, i feel the same when i see you online

.. and alfkil too

Edited by samo79 on 2011/5/12 22:47:20
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Two "simple" questions?

With QT can be Koffice ported? Haiku team have ported it once QT was ported

Is your code usable for port to other Amiga clones? that is one of the reason why an amiga library would be good to have

"A man is only as old as the womans he feels"
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Hehe

The new "hot news" is, that suddenly the opengl doesn't crash anymore with the public minigl. I don't know how it happened, for sure I didn't really change anything. Just so you know: For next release, get rid of the custom minigl build!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@fransexy

About koffice I don't know, is it based on Qt? I have only checked the front page of koffice.org, and I don't see any references to Qt. If it is based on Qt, then a port would surely be feasible, I should think.

About code for other Amiga clones, then I don't know, since I don't have either a MorphOS machine or AROS. The biggest problem is of course, that I have not used inline4 code, so every time I call an intuition function I go

IIntuition->BlaBla(..);

where AROS and MorphOS would expect just

BlaBla(..);

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Status: I am working on some annoying problems with GLWidgets. When that is done I will try and build the Assistant and the Designer apps. Give me a week, and I will have a fresh release .

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alkfil
How about native menus btw ?:) Now all looks good, and works as should, all collects/reacts fine, etc ? Just in interest to know how all of this now works/looks like. And how menus itself looks like now: like a buttons, or visually its the same QT menu, but when you press on it, it spawn reaction menu ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 6 7 8 (9) 10 11 12 ... 20 »